|Zeek And Ye Shall Find|
|Season 5, Episode 9|
|First aired (CAN)||February 27, 2014|
|First aired (USA)||November 5, 2013|
|Challenge(s)||Save Chris from Ezekiel|
|Challenge reference||A Mine Is a Terrible Thing to Waste|
|Reward(s)||Permanent residence in the McLean Spa Hotel for as long as he/she's still in the Island; deciding which contestant is exiled; as well as invincibility for the episode.|
|Exiled to Boney Island||Alejandro|
"You Regatta Be Kidding Me"
"The Obsta-Kill Kourse"
The host prepares a big 100th episode spectacular, which is ruined when the most humiliated contestant takes his ultimate revenge on him, forcing the cast to save him. Someone discovers the truth of a hidden evil but can't do anything about it, while the relationship between two people takes the next step, only to become worse through the crisis. Two former teammates team up, and while one manages to win the challenge, the other becomes too injured to continue and discovers that his friendship has been manipulated to his downfall.
The episode opens at the McLean Spa Hotel, where Alejandro is relaxing in the hot tub whilst explaining to a butler about what he plans to do once he wins the million dollars. However he is interrupted by Chris, who due to losing his 'cottage' in the previous episode, is now also staying in the hotel. He annoys Alejandro by throwing his towel at Alejandro’s face, causing the latter to leave in disgust. While wandering around the hotel, Alejandro discovers the monitor room. He finds and plays a DVD entitled “Mal’s Greatest Hits,” showing Mike (as Mal) breaking everyone’s personal belongings, rigging the votes against Cameron at the last elimination, as well as planting fake evidence for this deed under Alejandro's pillow, in an attempt to frame him.
Meanwhile, Cameron, Zoey, and 'Mike' are talking outside, questioning how Cameron could have possibly been voted off. Mike suggests they search the cabin for evidence, wanting them to find the photos he planted and frame Alejandro. While Cameron agrees, Alejandro secretly leaves the cabin, having removed the photos. The three begin to search, but Mike is surprised to not find the photos under the pillows; instead, Cameron finds them on Mike’s bed and angrily accuses him. Alejandro, who is watching everything from the monitors, smiles with satisfaction and takes the DVD as an "insurance policy". Back in the cabin, Mike tries to ward off suspicion by pointing out that he was the one who initially suggested they search the cabin. However a confused and flustered Cameron, no longer knows who he's able to trust. In a fit of anger he says that he cannot trust anyone, and that he's a "lone wolf" proclaiming that he's "the new Lightning". In the confessional he wonders aloud who committed the act and why.
The next morning, Chris announces that where the next challenge will be held, and tells everyone over the loudspeaker to proceed to the McLean Spa Library. Scott, while leaving the cabin, trips over a hole in the wood and falls to the ground. While he lies there in pain, Courtney sees him and clears her throat; Scott sniffs his armpit and says he is making sure he doesn’t smell. Courtney laughs nervously and says they should pretend she just showed up, which Scott agrees to, and belatedly tells her to watch out. Courtney still trips, falls onto Scott, and the two share an accidental kiss. In the confessional, Courtney claims it was an accident but shows obvious excitement, as does Scott. Scott then quickly makes a makeshift ring and stutters nervously asking Courtney to be his “boyfriend,” but she gets the message and agrees, deciding to keep the ring in her pocket.
At the hotel, Mike continues to push Cameron’s instability by claiming Scott, Courtney, Alejandro, and Gwen are all plotting against him. Cameron, reasoning that they were on the Villains team for a reason, believes him and thanks Mike for being trustworthy. Mike then suggests that, due to it being the three of them against the former villains, they needed to think of a plan to lure one of them to their side.
When everyone has gathered at the monitor room with Chef, Cameron is seen showing hostility towards Gwen. Chef then plays a video of Chris with a cake and party hat, celebrating the 100th episode. He announces that he has a special challenge prepared and begins listing things he hopes “no one is allergic to” that will be included in the challenge, with Ezekiel crawling around in the background. Ezekiel eventually crawls up right behind Chris, growling, and while the contestants try to warn Chris, he scolds them for interrupting him and is captured in a sack by Ezekiel. Shocked, Chef spits his coffee on the monitors, causing it to short-circuit. Chef tells everyone that the new challenge is to find Chris, to which Gwen argues that is dangerous. Chef warns them that without Chris, there will no show and thus, no prize money. The contestants agree, but with the condition that the winner gets permanent residence in the spa hotel until they are voted off, immunity for the next ceremony, and gets to choose who to be exiled to Boney Island. Chef agrees and tells them to get going. Zoey figures that since Ezekiel was living in the mine last season, they should look there.
When the campers reach the mine, the entrance is still sealed up due to the explosion last season. While the contestants try to find an alternate way to enter, Chef returns to the monitor room. Gwen attempts to join Courtney and Scott, but the new couple thinks there is only enough room for the two of them on their one-hour anniversary. She also asks Alejandro but he too refuses. In the end, the trio of Mike, Cameron, and Zoey reluctantly allow her to tag along.
When Scott and Courtney find a smaller entrance, Scott says “Ladies first,” politely, but then thinks twice and wonders aloud if that was the right thing to say in this situation. Annoyed, Courtney just walks in, and Scott follows. Meanwhile, Cameron, Gwen, Mike and Zoey found several holes above cave entrance, believing its how Ezekiel is able to go in and out. Gwen begins to freak out, as her greatest fear is being buried alive (and thus, being underground) but she accidentally steps on a bit of loose ground and falls into the mine. Zoey jumps in after her to help her while Mike and Cameron enters a different hole despite Cameron’s response that they should follow the girls. Alejandro finds another entrance near a small stream, but gets his foot stuck between two rocks and is unable to move. He then worriedly calls out to the others, even asking Gwen if she would still like to be partners.
Chris is then shown out of the sack, tied to a rope, and hanging over a vat of green toxic waste as Ezekiel grins and rubs his hands together maliciously. Realizing the situation, Chris attempts to sweet-talk Ezekiel, who only growls in response. As Mike and Cameron are shown looking in vain for Gwen and Zoey, Gwen begins to hyperventilate as her flashlight is not working. Back in the monitor room, Chef hears Gwen screaming and notes that the speakers are finally working but the monitor isn't. An intern tries to fix the picture while Chef admits that he has no idea what is going on with everyone.
Using her flashlight, Zoey is able to find Gwen, who with mixed emotions of fear and gratitude, thanks Zoey, who is successfully able to help calm her down. Mike and Cameron on the other hand, are discussing on who should they lure over to their side. He notes that Alejandro is not trustworthy and Gwen and Courtney were too tight, leaving Scott. Cameron is unsure though, since he made Scott shark bait in the previous episode. Mike devises that they drive a wedge between him and Courtney, suggesting that Cameron kiss Courtney in front of Scott while making it look like she kissed him. Cameron is still worried that Scott will beat him up, especially given the incidence in the previous episode, and thinks that there must be another way, annoying Mike.
Alejandro is finally able to get his foot free, at cost of one of his boots, and enters the cave. Chris is still talking to Ezekiel, foolishly listing all the injustices done against him in the past while wondering why he is so mad at him; this further infuriates Ezekiel, who snarls and takes out a couple of rats to slowly chew on the ropes hanging Chris.
While Gwen and Zoey are still trying to find a way out, Gwen takes note of and fearing every sound, especially when Zoey suddenly disappears. Just then the monitors are fixed and Chef cowers in fear once he sees Chris hanging from a rope over toxic waste. Scott and Courtney are holding hands while he attempts to compliment her, accidentally holding his flashlight to her eyes and obstructing her vision, causing her to fall. He jumps after her, and they both fall and slide right into Cameron and Mike. Mike tells Cameron that this is his chance to execute his plan, and pushes Cameron forward so that he kisses Courtney. Scott and Courtney are both very angered, and Cameron apologizes, before correcting himself and asking angrily why Courtney “kissed him.” Courtney and Scott then argue about who kissed who, while Ezekiel’s shadow is creeping up. Mike and Cameron run off while the two argue, and Ezekiel then comes right up to them and growls, scaring the couple who hold each other and yell in fear.
Still in the monitor room, Chef is shown eating from a tub of ice cream, and tells the intern to zoom in on the rope holding Chris, revealing the rats shown earlier to be chewing the rope, about to break it and release Chris into the toxic waste. Chef gasps and says they’re going to need more ice cream.
Scott, Courtney, and Zoey are shown in a makeshift cage. Scott and Courtney continue fighting, with Scott claiming she kissed Cameron and Courtney claiming he kissed her. Frustrated, Courtney then says that if he does not believe her, she doesn’t want his shoelace, and Scott agrees and wants his shoelace back; effectively breaking them up.
After Mike and Cameron run away from Scott and Courtney, Cameron falls into a hole and manages to hold onto an extending root. Mike leaves in order to find something to pull him up. As the root starts to become loose, Alejandro appears and tries to help him, but Cameron thinks he did something to Mike and says he does not trust anyone but Zoey and Mike. Alejandro implies that Mike is not what he seems, but Cameron doesn't believe him, forcing Alejandro into leaving Cameron. As he talks to himself about how Cameron will fall, Ezekiel grabs Alejandro from above and pulls him away. Back in the monitor room, Chef has finished numerous tubs of ice cream, and decides to take action so that the season will not end, grabbing his spaghetti bazooka. With Alejandro new to the cage, Ezekiel starts throwing food at the captured contestants.
The root Cameron had been holding finally slips out, and he falls down the hole and into a stream next to Gwen, who is still trying to find a way out of the cave. She immediately pulls Cameron out, saving his life. This finally makes Cameron regain his trust in her and he apologizes to her before going off to find Chris. Mike returns to the hole and attempts to throw a rock into it, only to find out that Cameron had already fell before he was captured by Ezekiel. In the cage, everyone ponders where Cameron was and Alejandro mentions that he saw him. Mike accuses him of “leaving him hanging there,” but since Alejandro did not mention he was hanging, he becomes more and more suspicious of Mike.
Cameron and Gwen finally reach Ezekiel's lair with Chef quickly rushing past them yo get rid of the rats. However, as Chris scolds Chef for taking his time to save him, Ezekiel steals Chef's bazooka and knocks him out. Ezekiel then attacks Cameron by causing the ceiling above him to fall using his acid spit. With Ezekiel distracted, Gwen picks up Chef's bazooka and shoots Ezekiel. Gwen then releases Chris and helps Cameron out of the rocks. Chris then orders the contestants to quickly leave before Ezekiel attacks again. Surprisingly though, he has already escaped. In the confessional, Chris says that he was 'faking' when he was back in the mine. However, he ran away screaming when 'Mike' imitates Ezekiel's animal grunts.
At the bonfire ceremony, Chris deems Gwen the winner, and in honour of Chef's agreement allows to send someone to Boney Island, in which she chooses Alejandro. Cameron, inside a bubble and full body cast in a wheelchair, is eliminated by default at the decision of Chris, since he is too injured to continue. Zoey and Gwen bid him a friendly farewell, but Mike comes up to him and reveals himself to be Mal and that he let him fall. At the Flush of Shame, Chef then pops Cameron’s bubble as Cameron screams in fear of Mal while being flushed away. Chris then expresses that he is content even if the celebration of the 100th episode did not go as planned, because he himself not getting hurt, and signs off the episode.
|Clé Bennett||Chef Hatchet|
- Ezekiel appeared and made animal noises, but had no dialogue.
- Sierra appears in a video sleeping, but had no dialogue.
- A butler appears but has no lines.
- This is the second time Ezekiel has been the main antagonist in a challenge in which the contestants are picked off, the first being in I See London.... However, unlike last time, Chris had not planned for him to be involved.
- This is second time that a contestant has left the competition due to injuries; in this case, it is Cameron. The first was Izzy in Jamaica Me Sweat.
- The order of the contestants captured by Ezekiel are:
- Gwen and Cameron are the only contestants who weren't captured.
- This is the third time Gwen won the challenge where the contestants are being hunted by a mysterious assailant.
- When Cameron, Mike, and Zoey are searching the cabins, Mr. Coconut appears in a wood burning oven Cameron looks in.
- Cameron is the first person that Mike reveals himself as Mal to.
- This was after Cameron's elimination and he wasn't able to tell anyone due to being bandaged over his whole body.
- This is the first episode where Mike is competing but he doesn't appear as himself at any time.
- This is because Mal was in control of Mike for the entire episode, save for a couple of moments where he impersonates him.
- Courtney and Scott become a couple in this episode only for them to break up later on in the episode, making this the shortest-lived couple thus far, only lasting two hours, but they do get back together in the next episode.
- This marks the first time that Mike, Scott and Zoey outrank Cameron in a season.
- This is the sixth horror-themed challenge of the series, making Total Drama All-Stars the only season to have more than one horror-themed challenge.
- Chris mentions several events from past episodes while trying to figure out why is Ezekiel mad at him.
- Cameron is the fourth camper in a row to be eliminated from the season irregularly, following Heather, Sierra, and Duncan.
- The Gemmie Award is mentioned once again. It was seen in Celebrity Manhunt's Total Drama Action Reunion Special, Niagra Brawls and Up, Up And Away In My Pitiful Balloon.
- This is the first time in five episodes that a contestant who was introduced in Total Drama: Revenge of the Island was eliminated.
- This is the first time since Search and Do Not Destroy that someone kisses another contestant to manipulate a couple. This time, Cameron kissed Courtney and broke up the relationship.
- Not counting Gwen's ending of Total Drama Island, this is the first individual challenge she has won since I Triple Dog Dare You!.
- This is the second time where the winner can send a loser to exile, and it's the same person as first time.
- Alejandro is shown to know about Mal after watching a video of his deceptions.
- If one counts Heather's ending of Total Drama World Tour, this is the first time since Hawaiian Punch where a female has won an individual challenge.
- Chris's prediction that Cameron would be the next contestant eliminated, in You Regatta Be Kidding Me, turns out to be true in this episode.
- Chef's spaghetti gun, which first appeared in Eat, Puke and Be Wary, reappears in this episode.
- The bulletin board from the common area of the Total Drama Jumbo Jet in Total Drama World Tour and more recently from the main lodge in Total Drama: Revenge of the Island appears in the monitor room of the hotel.
- This is the second consecutive time Alejandro was exiled to Boney Island.
- There are many similarities in this episode with the 2005 horror film The Descent.
- Both take place in an underground cave where the characters are hunted one-by-one by the creature(s) living in there.
- Also, Ezekiel's behavior in this episode is probably a homage to the Crawlers from The Descent as both are heavily mutated/evolved humans that hunt the characters using the darkness as their advantage.
- In the end, the final girl in both media (who is afraid of going underground in the beginning) ends up not getting captured.
- Ezekiel is missing his facial hair when he finds Courtney and Scott.
- Scott is sometimes missing the lines and freckles on his chest while arguing with Courtney.
- Chris says he threw Ezekiel into a volcano in Hawaiian Punch. However, Ezekiel accidentally fell into the volcano.
- Alejandro finds a box with ten DVD's and grabs one of them, but once he is putting it on the DVD player, the box still has ten DVD's.
- At the Campfire Ceremony, Chef appears with his left arm injured, but when Chris is signing off, his right arm is the injured one instead.
|Total Drama All-Stars episodes|
|Pre-merge||Heroes vs. Villains | Evil Dread | Saving Private Leechball | Food Fright | Moon Madness | No One Eggspects The Spanish Opposition | Suckers Punched|
|Post-merge||You Regatta Be Kidding Me | Zeek And Ye Shall Find | The Obsta-Kill Kourse | Sundae Muddy Sundae | The Bold and the Booty-ful | The Final Wreck-ening|