Hey I just found a "trick" on YouTube, of how to do TD Characters, without Paint Tool SAI. You need:
- The TD Character's images you want
These are the steps:
- Look the size of your image (i.e. Courtney's size is 139 x 540)
- Open Paint.NET
- Click in "File: New" and in width put (in Courtney's case) 139 and in height 540
- Now in "Layers: Import from File" open Courtney's image)
- Choose a transparent color and put tolerance to 100%
- Click on the bucket and paint the image
- Now add a new layer and choose the "Lines & Curves" tool. Choose color black and thickness 2.
- Start doing the outline and some big things, such as the hair.
- TIP: To see how your drawing's going untick the character's image
- With a thickness of 1, do the details, suck as the eyes, mouth, nose, any hair decoration and clothes.
- Add a new layer and put it under the lines' layer. Start painting with the color you like, but don't paint the eyes.
- Add another layer and put it under the colors' layer. Paint the white of the eyes, and then the color point.
Ready! If can't do it, just ask me! I can do it for you!