Hi guys, as you can tell from the title of the blog, it's my 2 year anniversary! 2 years ago, I first came onto this wiki as a clueless noob. I made a bunch of crummy edits which Phoenix immediately reverted, had no idea how to switch between visual and source editor, and almost got scared away by some blog argument about Zoey.
But here I am, 2 years on, a wiki admin! I sure didn't expect I'd make it this far, in fact I wasn't sure I'd stay on the wiki this long. And I largely owe it all to you guys for making me feel so welcome here. Thank you for all the kindness and support you gave me! As a wiki community we've gone through a lot of ups and downs, but we always pulled through the end.
Here's a little timeline of important wiki events for me:
- January 6, 2014: Joined Total Drama Wiki
- May 23, 2014: Created my first page, which was the Cody 1 and 2 page. (I started off small)
- April 19, 2014: Hit 1000 edits.
- May 16, 2014: Created my first blog post. Click here to see that embarrassment.
- August 2, 2014 - August 17, 2014: Participated in the Main Space Race, where I made it to Week 8 before being eliminated.
- August 21, 2014: Promoted to Rollback.
- September 1, 2015: Promoted to Admin.
And here I am today. :)
Now with these blogs what usually happens is listing out all the people you want to thank, respect, or are just friends with. But this is quite a difficult task for me considering I know SO MANY people on the wiki (just take a look at my friends list). For the sake of simplicity I've tried to restrict it to those who have been fairly active in the past 3 months, since users who are inactive or have left probably won't see this. Also, this is for users on Total Drama Wiki, I know a few users from other wikis and sites who sometimes come on here, but haven't been included here.
Users who have been most significant to me
(Not in order of importance, as I don't believe in putting a number on friendship)
- PhoenixDragonSamurai: You are one of the most powerful users on this wiki, and without a doubt the foundation that holds it together. I am honored to have served beside you, and feel you would have made a great admin.
- Numbuhthreefan: For the longest time you were the most active, nicest, and best admin. You and I have achieved so much together, and worked wonders for this wiki.
- Fire Eater: You have been a amazing friend to me, and I always love our conversation, whether it's Total Drama, movies, games, or life in general. I had a great time, and hope there are many more to come.
- TheEpicDestroyer: You're both smart and funny. All your blogs and comments are always so deep and analytical. I always look forward to reading what you write.
- TheDipDap1234: I have lost track of just how much you have done for this fandom, from HD images, to transparents, to reviews, staff info, and even uploading whole episodes. You can be very funny, but also very resourceful, and we are very lucky to have you on this wiki.
- Mughees J. Simpson: We have had so much history together, joining the wiki at almost the same time. You have done so much for the wiki! I have no doubt you are a future admin/rollback in the making.
- VeryUnknownFan: Or as I like to call you, Jayden. One of my oldest friends on the wiki. I feel like I've known you since I commented on my first blog. You're one of the maturest and smartest users around here. I hope university hasn't been too hard on you.
- TotalDramaNaruto: Fun to talk with, dedicated, and a great rollback whenever you come on. Pleasure working beside you these past few months, and I hope there's more to come.
- CoGreen2.0: I've never gotten the chance to say this, but I think you're amazing. You created a masterpiece with Total Drama Do-Over, and you go out of your way to educate others what is wrong with Mike and the final scene from TDAS.
- ArtDraw12: You have so many ideas for this wiki, and have come to me with so many request and questions. I always feel great in helping you out.
- Izzynoah12: One of my apprentice prototype page makers. It was a pleasure helping you complete the pages and teaching you. I'm glad you ended up getting a page published.
- Ellafan4evr: I feel like I've known you forever. It was so much fun talking to you.
- Bulbasaur-Is-Awesome: Fellow Kitty fan!
- DerpyandDawn: You were one of the people who introduced me to the world of roleplaying (along with Epic). For that I give my thanks.
- Princess Cloudy: A good friend from another wiki, who I found I shared so much in common with, including being from my hometown. It's been fun playing the MMORPG with you, and maybe we will meet in real life.
- TDSkavefan: Another one of my Australian friends. Loved talking with you on chat. P.S. we won against him! (inside joke)
- TylerWebkinzFan: Thank you for all the support gave me in becoming admin.
- TDStoryWriter: I remember working with you a lot on prototypes. I'm glad to have been of service.
- PokemonTDHTF98: Thank you for providing so many conversation topics. I had a great time.
- BarBar: Heh, heh. You are all sorts of trouble, but have made things very interesting. I also loved being your teammate in the MS Race, along with our departed colleague Codyfan12.
- DestructiveMilkshake: You're well know for a lot of things, but above all you're an amazing roleplayer.
- The not so happy user: We've been through a lot together. You're an amazing image uploader, and you always make me laugh. I loved showing you around the wiki.
- TDPIScarlett: You haven't been on in a while, but I haven't forgotten you. You're one of the best debaters I know.
- AnonymousRose94: The only exception I'll make to the active in last 3 months limit. I don't know what has happened to you, or if you'll ever see this. But this is still something I would still like to say to you Rose. You are, hands down, the most influential person to me on this wiki. Without you I would never have made it this far, in fact I might not have even have stayed on the wiki at all. Everything I have accomplished and achieved, I owe to you. Thank you so much for taking me in as your apprentice and teaching me everything I know today. I hope with all my heart we can speak again, and that you are still alive and well.
Please don't feel offended if I forgot to mention you. I tried to mention as many people as possible, and it was very hard to pick. Like I said, there are others I am friends with, but may not have talked too in a long time. If you really think I've left you out when you deserve a mention, just leave a comment and I'll add you in.
- Shadowshroom: You came to me asking for help, and I was happy to give it. Hope you now feel acquainted on this wiki. :)
I would also like to give a shout out to all of the staff of our wiki community (that I haven't already mentioned). Including: Ryan, TDA15, Mygeto, Ruebenn, Moneyballer024, Webkinz Mania, CD-TDA, TdiAlex.
Some of you are more active than others, while some are coming close to passing on the baton. But everyone of you has done your part for this wiki. And for that I salute you.
Thank you for reading this. I hope to have many more great memories with you all! :)