Welcome to Most Underrated Character. The following are characters that are, in my opinion, underrated for their performance in a certain season. These are just my opinions, but I would love to hear yours as well!
For Total Drama Island, the Underrated Award goes to the Badass Bruiser, Eva. Eva only has a total of four competing episodes, however, she is a major character in two of those four episodes, an impressive feat. She is very visible, very over the top and endlessly entertaining.
There's really not much to say about Eva, but I think as Total Drama Island is her only competing season, more people ought to notice her presence. Without her, No Pain, No Game would have been much more boring. She made that episode interesting, from her amazing moments, to beating up Sasquatchanakwa, and her hilarious rivalry with Bridgette. Furthermore, there's something to be said about the vulnerability Eva has, but doesn't show – consider her line when she was on the Boat of Losers. She says that she let her anger get the better of her...again. Not only is this line humorous, but it hints at potential development for Eva.
- Three episodes in, and she breaks a lock on one of the stalls in the girls' bathroom.
- Eva the Shark comes out when you try to touch her MP3 Player. Relatable...
- The hellfire that occurred during her return. I want my own personal hellfire too.
- "Eeeeva, Eeeeva, Eeeeva..."
- "Bridgette. Because she's a backstabbing, low-life traitor. Grr."
- "Heather can kiss my butt! It's all her fault that I'm stuck in this place and I'm gonna enjoy watching her go down!"
For Total Drama Action, the Underrated Award goes to the Ex-Heartthrob, Justin. Justin makes it to an impressive seventh place in TDA, but sadly he is forever destined to be a loser. That's part of his appeal. He plays the role of a main antagonist, a comc relief, and even a very deep and developed character.
Justin has quite the journey in Total Drama Action. He starts off showing his more antagonistic role, and he even manages to eliminate Trent, Gwen, and Izzy. That's actually more impressive than people think; the first two are quite popular among the cast. Sadly, I can't say more than that since Justin isn't that impressive of an antagonist. Despite this, he has a wonderful role as comic relief, and had something funny to say in nearly every episode, especially after the merge.
- "Wouldn't know, math is for ugly people"
- I loved his mirror gags in Dial M for Merger.
- "Timber Man"; that is all.
- His crush on Courtney.
- Best of all, his complex where his entire identity of being beautiful is stripped away from him; who are you when everything you know about yourself is taken away?
TDWT: Tyler <3 Love him so much. He always had something funny to say and I never got tired of watching him.
TDROTI: Dawn. She was responsible for a lot of character development, guys. Her powers are cool.
TDAS: Scott. He was so lovable and had something funny to say in pretty much every episode, and made it a bit easier to watch.
TDPI: Sugar. She's not so much underrated as she is overhated. I loved her both as a character and an antagonist.