Hi, Art here with a new blog series in which I'll be listing every single time something happened. For the first blog I'll list every time someone was spared from elimination.
I was inspired to write this blog because I've seen many people saying "I hate X because they were saved from elimination". However, such thing happened a lot of times to a lot of contestants.
The reason why I'm writing it as a blog and not a sandbox is because I want you guys to remind me if I forgot about some case and to have discussions which case you hated the most, which you're thankful for, etc.
So let's start!
Well, this is just a semi-example. Izzy left the show in irregular way before the final result was announced, thus technically sparing Lindsay from elimination. Although this one doesn't really count because I'm sure Izzy would've been voted out anyway due to telling the opposing team how to win.
Harold's rigged votes helped him to survive his unavoidable elimination (due to him being the only one outside of what I call "Duncan's group"). Chris not reacting to it helped him as well.
DJ volunteers to be eliminated, thus sparing Lindsay and technically Justin from being eliminated. I said "technically" for Justin because due to dialogue between Beth and Lindsay it can be assumed she would be the one going home if DJ hadn't quit.
Courtney would've been eliminated instead of Owen if her winning lawsuit didn't give her immunity for this episode.
Duncan was about to be eliminated, but Lindsay's mistake prevented it from happening.
Oh boy, this season has so many examples of someone being spared from elimination due to completely ignoring the "if you don't sing, you're out" rule. Let's start with more regular examples.
As revealed by Chris shortly before Harold quits, DJ would be the one going home if Harold hadn't sacrificed himself.
Heather would be eliminated if it wasn't for fake elimination ceremony.
This is in fact the only fake elimination ceremony that for sure wasn't planned since the beginning. This means an intern and Chris's "Screw the rules, I make them" decision saved Duncan.
Since Cody wanted to vote for Courtney, which would results in 3-2 result for Courtney, she would be eliminated if Duncan hadn't caused Cody's injury.
Courtney would be voted out if it wasn't fake elimination ceremony.
Sierra would be going home if it wasn't the last fake elimination of the season.
Alejandro would've been eliminated if Chris hadn't ignored the votes and eliminated Sierra for destroying his plane.
Bonus songs round
Note: Some songs were meant only for certain contestants, not the whole cast.
- Owen in Walk Like An Egyptian - Part 1 (could be spared anyway for at least having spoken lines though).
- Cody in Anything Yukon Do, I Can Do Better.
- Alejandro, Cody, DJ, Izzy, and Tyler in Broadway, Baby!
- Cody, DJ, Izzy, and Sierra in Slap Slap Revolution.
- Courtney in The Am-AH-Zon Race.
- Cody (unless I'm wrong Chris only wanted Cody and Sierra to sing and Noah and Owen just happened to sing as well) in Can't Help Falling in Louvre, although he could be forgiven for having spoken lines.
- Noah in Newf Kids on the Rock.
- Alejandro, Cody, and Tyler in I See London..., although Alejandro doesn't really count as he was captured by Ezekiel even before the song.
- Cody, Gwen, and Sierra in The EX-Files, although Sierra at least had spoken lines and it'd be hard for Cody and Gwen to sing in "Gwen hate" song.
- Cody and Sierra in Picnic at Hanging Dork.
- Cody in Sweden Sour.
- Alejandro, Cody, and Sierra in Niagara Brawls, although Cody at least had spoken lines.
- Courtney in Chinese Fake-Out, although she was already eliminated from the challenge, so I assume she didn't have to sing. Not to mention she was eliminated anyway, like Ezekiel in Walk Like An Egyptian - Part 2.
- Cody in African Lying Safari, although it could be forgiven as he was missing at the time and could also still be under the effect of Love-Me Tea.
Cameron volunteered to be eliminated, but Chris made him switch teams instead, like Brick in Finders Creepers.
Cameron was once again spared from elimination because Chris ignored (rigged) voting due to Duncan already being eliminated.
Samey would've been eliminated had she not tricked Chris into believing she was Amy at the moment and had Chris reacted in next episodes.
Max would've been voted out if Ella hadn't been disqualified.
|Character||Number of times being spared from elimination|
|Alejandro||5 (4 excluding I See London...)|
|Carrie and Devin||1|
|Cody||10 (7 excluding Can't Help Falling in Louvre, Niagara Brawls, and African Lying Safari)|
|Emma and Kitty||1|
|Jacques and Josee||1|
|Justin||1 (0 excluding The Sand Witch Project)|
|Laurie and Miles||1|
|Lindsay||2 (1 excluding Up the Creek)|
|MacArthur and Sanders||2|
|Owen||2 (1 excluding Walk Like An Egyptian - Part 1)|
|Rock and Spud||1|
|Ryan and Stephanie||2|