|Total Drama World Tour|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|Television channel(s)|| Teletoon|
|Teletoon premiere||June 10, 2010|
|Cartoon Network premiere||June 21, 2010|
|Created by|| Tom McGillis|
|Developed by|| Fresh TV Inc.|
|Directed by|| Chad Hicks|
|Preceded by||Total Drama Action|
|Succeeded by||Total Drama: Revenge of the Island|
Total Drama World Tour (originally titled Total Drama: The Musical) is the third season of Total Drama.
Fifteen previous contestants and three newcomers compete in challenges all around the world. However, this season, when Chris rings a bell, the contestants must break into song. If they don't, they are automatically eliminated. By the rules, contestants must sing once in each episode, and Chris may call a "reprise" of the song. Contestants safe from elimination are awarded barf bags full of airline-issued peanuts, continuing the tradition of edible safety items. When a contestant is eliminated, they must take the Drop of Shame voluntarily or someone will have to force them off of the plane.
During the events of Celebrity Manhunt's Total Drama Action Reunion Special, all of the contestants from the first two seasons went to great lengths to prevent being labeled as "has-beens," and being replaced by Chris' new reality concept: Total Drama Dirtbags. Ultimately, after proving themselves through nearly catastrophic means, Chris rescues a group of fifteen (as well as two new faces) to join him on a journey around the world in the third season. Traveling around on the Total Drama Jumbo Jet, the cast participates in new challenges in various countries on six continents with all new drama and challenges awaiting them. Split into three separate teams after the first challenge, the teams work to achieve immunity, as well as first-class to their next destination. The losing team is then forced to attend a ceremony, where one member is forced to take the Drop of Shame from the plane to wherever they land. The lucky contestant who outlasts the rest of the contestants wins $1,000,000.
This is the process in Total Drama World Tour in which a contestant is eliminated; initially, the team that lost the most recent challenge, unless the last challenge happened to be a reward challenge, would vote for a contestant and the one with the most votes against them would be voted off. Since the teams eventually merged, all the contestants began to vote for each other and only the challenge winner received immunity. In the case of a tiebreaker, the two contestants would have to face off until one was eliminated In a special case, both contestants were eliminated due to budget cuts.
|Voice Actor||Role||Episode count|
|Marco Grazzini||Alejandro||26/26 episodes|
|Clé Bennett||Chef Hatchet||26/26 episodes|
|Christian Potenza||Chris||26/26 episodes|
|Rachel Wilson||Heather||26/26 episodes|
|Peter Oldring||Cody||26/26 episodes|
|Annick Obonsawin||Sierra||26/26 episodes|
|Emilie-Claire Barlow||Courtney||22/26 episodes|
|Scott McCord||Owen||21/26 episodes|
|Peter Oldring||Ezekiel||21/26 episodes|
|Megan Fahlenblock||Gwen||18/26 episodes|
|Peter Oldring||Tyler||17/26 episodes|
|Drew Nelson||Duncan||16/26 episodes|
|Carter Hayden||Noah||15/26 episodes|
|Clé Bennett||DJ||15/26 episodes|
|Katie Crown||Izzy||15/26 episodes|
|Stephanie Anne Mills||Lindsay||13/26 episodes|
|Novie Edwards||Leshawna||11/26 episodes|
|Kristin Fairlie||Bridgette||10/26 episodes|
|Brian Froud||Harold||9/26 episodes|
|Carla Collins||Blaineley||8/26 episodes|
There is a total of twenty-six episodes of Total Drama World Tour. But there is no special for this season.
There is not a DVD release of Total Drama World Tour for Region 1, but Australia released Volume 1 of the season onto DVD on April 3, 2013.
Total Drama World Tour has been released onto Netflix. This season has unedited dialog and full screen, 16:9 aspect ratio. It also includes all the episodes of the season.
|Contestant||No. of Songs|
- The original name of the season was "Total Drama, the Musical." This was brought up in Celebrity Manhunt's Total Drama Action Reunion Special, where Chris and Chef start singing "Total Drama Musical." This was also brought up in Aftermath: Revenge of the Telethon; the screen displayed font which read "TDM Telethon," but this was quickly changed back to "TDWT Telethon."
- Noah, Tyler, Cody, Courtney, and Heather all made it farther than they did in Total Drama Island.
- Bridgette, Gwen, DJ, and Heather all made it farther than they did in Total Drama Action.
- All of the males who competed on Total Drama Island, but not Total Drama Action, were eliminated in the same order as before. Ezekiel was eliminated first, followed by Noah, then Tyler, and finally Cody.
- Coincidentally, all of the newcomers ended up with serious injuries by the end of the competition.
- Alejandro was completely burnt by lava and trampled by the contestants in Hawaiian Punch, causing him to be put into the Drama Machine.
- Sierra was rendered bald and placed in a wheelchair because of the plane's explosion in Awwwwww, Drumheller.
- Blaineley was placed in a full body cast after landing on a small Chinese hut after taking the Drop of Shame in Chinese Fake-Out.
- This is the first and currently only season in which a female contestant wins in the United States.
- This is also the first season where the winner is not the same in both Canada and the United States.
- This is the first season to take place outside of Canada, although they have returned to Canada four times in Anything Yukon Do, I Can Do Better, Newf Kids on the Rock, Niagara Brawls, and Awwwwww, Drumheller.
- This makes Canada the most-visited country throughout the season, tying with the United States.
- This is also the first, and currently only, season to not have at least one episode feature Camp Wawanakwa in it.
- This is the first season to feature "fake eliminations," in which Chris has all members of the losing team vote like they regularly would, then reveal the result, but not actually count that person as eliminated.
- This is the first season to feature an odd amount of contestants competing from the start, as Total Drama Island had twenty two contestants, and Total Drama Action started with fourteen contestants.
- This is the first season in which only one contestant returns after being previously eliminated.
- In addition, this is the first season in which Izzy does not return after being eliminated.
- This is the first (and currently the only) season to feature three teams instead of two. In this case, Team Victory, Team Amazon, and Team Chris Is Really Really Really Really Hot. These teams have many differences from the previous teams seen in the series.
- This is the first (and currently the only) season to feature two confessionals. The first, and more commonly-used one, is in the Jet's lavatory (reminiscent of the original confessional in Total Drama Island). The second one is in the Jet's Cockpit, with Chef or Chris always in the background due to being the co-pilots.
- This is the first (and currently the only) season to feature another way of elimination, aside from being voted off, quitting, or being automatically eliminated by a challenge. Chris states that if the contestants do not sing, they will be eliminated. Despite this, only Rowin' Time, Before We Die, Condor, I'm Gonna Make It, and Versus feature all remaining contestants singing.
- This is the first season in which someone had to leave because of medical problems.
- This is the first season in which a previously eliminated contestant is brought back into the game without being an actual contestant. In this case, when Ezekiel was brought back to aid in challenges in I See London... and African Lying Safari.
- This is the first season (and currently the only) to have an adult competing in the competition.
- This is the first season in which neither Owen nor Duncan makes it to the final four.
- This is the first season in which there is a tie between the votes at an elimination ceremony. In this case, it was in Picnic at Hanging Dork and Chinese Fake-Out.
- Coincidentally, both instances involved Courtney.
- This is the only season to feature a same-sex double elimination.
- This season features the highest amount of irregular eliminations. Only seven contestants were voted off in the normal process.
- Team Amazon was the only team to never have a single member be regularly voted out.
- The first four contestants eliminated were on the Killer Bass in the first season.
- After Duncan quit, the next five contestants eliminated are from Team Victory. This is the first time so far that a team loses five of their members in a row.
- This is also the first season in the Total Drama series to have two people, one person and nobody on the team remaining on a team before the merge.
- It is, however, the first season in which he hasn't appeared in some way throughout the whole season up until his elimination, as he quit in Walk Like An Egyptian - Part 1, left in Walk Like An Egyptian - Part 2, was referenced in Super Happy Crazy Fun Time Japan, had no appearances at all from Anything Yukon Do, I Can Do Better to Jamaica Me Sweat, and also didn't appear in Awwwwww, Drumheller.
- Total Drama World Tour won "Best Animated Series," "Best Voice Talent," (Clé Bennett) and "Best Tweens/Teens Program" in the Tweens/Teens, Creative Talent, and Viewers Choice categories for the 2011 KidScreen Awards.
- Strangely, Dwayne Hill, Josh's voice actor is credited, despite Josh not making a single appearance this season.
- With the merge being in Niagra Brawls, this is the latest merge of a season, due to there being eighteen episodes (including the aftermath shows) before it.
- Events in this season are very similar to those of Survivor: All-Stars.
- Both shows begin with three teams.
- There are eighteen contestants competing in both shows though Total Drama World Tour started out with seventeen contestants.
- A former winner is eliminated first, though in Total Drama World Tour, Duncan returns.
- The yellow team is very weak and wins very few challenges.
- The yellow team is nonexistent before the teams merge. In Survivor, they got absorbed while in World Tour, they were completely taken out.
- The final two is comprised of a male and a female who are in a relationship.
- Heather and Alejandro also have similarities with Amber and Rob, the final two.
- This is the only season so far that Lindsay, Owen, and Gwen compete in but neither of them don't make a confessional in the first episode of the season.
- This is the only season without a team with a red logo.
|Total Drama seasons|