Fifteen returning cast members, plus three new contestants, compete for the chance to win $1,000,000 in challenges taking place all around the world. This season, players are divided into three teams and must live on the Total Drama Jumbo Jet. They must also perform spontaneous musical numbers every episode or risk being eliminated via the Drop of Shame. The prize money (once again $1,000,000) goes to the last-standing contestant in the season.
Total Drama World Tour consists of twenty-six episodes.
|Voice actor||Role||Episode count|
|Christian Potenza||Chris||26/26 episodes|
|Clé Bennett||Chef Hatchet||26/26 episodes|
|Marco Grazzini||Alejandro||26/26 episodes|
|Rachel Wilson||Heather||26/26 episodes|
|Peter Oldring||Cody||26/26 episodes|
|Annick Obonsawin||Sierra||26/26 episodes|
|Emilie-Claire Barlow||Courtney||22/26 episodes|
|Scott McCord||Owen||21/26 episodes|
|Peter Oldring||Ezekiel||21/26 episodes|
|Megan Fahlenblock||Gwen||18/26 episodes|
|Peter Oldring||Tyler||17/26 episodes|
|Drew Nelson||Duncan||16/26 episodes|
|Carter Hayden||Noah||15/26 episodes|
|Clé Bennett||DJ||15/26 episodes|
|Katie Crown||Izzy||15/26 episodes|
|Stephanie Anne Mills||Lindsay||13/26 episodes|
|Novie Edwards||Leshawna||11/26 episodes|
|Kristin Fairlie||Bridgette||10/26 episodes|
|Brian Froud||Harold||9/26 episodes|
|Carla Collins||Blaineley||8/26 episodes|
There are no Region 1 or Region 2 DVD releases of Total Drama World Tour, but Madman Entertainment has released Total Drama World Tour in its entirety on DVD in Australia.
- Eva, Katie, Sadie, Justin, Beth, Trent, and Geoff did not qualify for this season.
- Noah, Tyler, Cody, Courtney, and Heather all made it farther than they did in Total Drama Island.
- Bridgette, Gwen, DJ, and Heather all made it farther than they did in Total Drama Action.
- All of the males who competed on Total Drama Island, but not Total Drama Action, were eliminated in the same order as before.
- This is the only season to have an adult competing in the competition.
- This is the only season to feature three teams instead of two.
- This is the only season in which a female contestant wins in the United States.
- This is also the first season where the winner is not the same in both Canada and the United States.
- This is the only season to feature two confessionals. The first, and more commonly-used one, is in the Jet's lavatory (reminiscent of the original confessional in Total Drama Island). The second one is in the Jet's Cockpit, with Chef or Chris always in the background due to being the co-pilots.
- This is the only season to feature another way of elimination, aside from being voted off, quitting, or being automatically eliminated by a challenge. Chris states that if the contestants do not sing, they will be eliminated.
- However, no one is actually eliminated by this rule, and many people get away with not singing throughout the season.
- This is the first season to take place outside of Canada, although they have returned to Canada four times in Anything Yukon Do, I Can Do Better, Newf Kids on the Rock, Niagara Brawls, and Awwwwww, Drumheller.
- This makes Canada the most-visited country throughout the season, tying with the United States.
- This is the first season in which only one contestant returns after being previously eliminated.
- This is the first season to have tied votes at an elimination ceremony, in both Picnic at Hanging Dork and Chinese Fake-Out.
- This is the first season to feature "fake eliminations," in which Chris has all members of the losing team vote like they regularly would, then reveal the result, but not actually count that person as eliminated.
- This is the first season to feature an odd amount of contestants competing from the start, as Total Drama Island had twenty-two contestants, and Total Drama Action started with fourteen contestants.
- This is the first season in which someone had to leave because of medical problems.
- This is the first season in which a previously eliminated contestant is brought back into the game without being an actual contestant. In this case, Ezekiel was brought back to aid in challenges in I See London... and African Lying Safari.
- This is the first season where Duncan isn't the highest ranking member on his team.
- This season features the highest amount of irregular eliminations. Only seven contestants were voted off via the normal process.
- This season features the latest merge of a season, with the merge happening in the nineteenth episode.
- This is one of only two seasons to have its main promotional image be a moment from an actual episode, the other being Total Drama Island.
- This is the only season directed by Jennifer Pertsch and Tom McGillis.
- This is the only season where Izzy competes and does not rejoin the game.