"Total Drama Presents: The Ridonculous Race, an action-filled, outrageous buddy comedy in which 18 pairs of unforgettable characters are put to the mental, physical and emotional test in a frantic race around the world.
Each new leg of the Race features an adventure to a new country where teams will face off against BRUTAL challenges, baffling local customs and competing teams as they frantically race to the next Chill Zone on their way to the ultimate Finish Line. They’ll all push themselves to the limit, but only one team will win the Race and the prize of $1,000,000!"
Eighteen pairs of two contestants plus the host of the show; Don.
|Voice actor||Role||Episode count|
|Terry McGurrin||Don||26/26 episodes|
|Evany Rosen||MacArthur||26/26 episodes|
|Nicole Stamp||Sanders||26/26 episodes|
|Scott McCord||Jacques||26/26 episodes|
|Julie Lemieux||Josee||26/26 episodes|
|Stacey DePass||Emma||26/26 episodes|
|Stephanie Anne Mills||Kitty||26/26 episodes|
|Kristin Fairlie||Carrie||25/26 episodes|
|Jeff Geddis||Devin||25/26 episodes|
|Scott McCord||Brody||24/26 episodes|
|Dan Petronijevic||Geoff||24/26 episodes|
|Joseph Motiki||Ryan||24/26 episodes|
|Nicki Burke||Stephanie||24/26 episodes|
|Stacey DePass||Crimson||21/26 episodes|
|Carter Hayden||Ennui||21/26 episodes|
|Carter Hayden||Noah||19/26 episodes|
|Scott McCord||Owen||19/26 episodes|
|Neil Crone||Dwayne||17/26 episodes|
|Jacob Ewaniuk||Junior||17/26 episodes|
|Carter Hayden||Spud||15/26 episodes|
|Darren Frost||Chet||15/26 episodes|
|Carlos Díaz||Lorenzo/Rock||15/26 episodes|
|Lyon Smith||Jay/Mickey||12/26 episodes|
|Julie Lemieux||Kelly||10/26 episodes|
|Bryn McAuley||Taylor||10/26 episodes|
|Ashley Botting||Jen||8/26 episodes|
|Jeff Geddis||Tom||8/26 episodes|
|Emilie-Claire Barlow||Laurie||7/26 episodes|
|Katie Griffin||Miles||7/26 episodes|
|Emilie-Claire Barlow||Ellody||5/26 episodes|
|Katie Griffin||Mary||5/26 episodes|
|David Huband||Gerry||4/26 episodes|
|Adrian Truss||Pete||4/26 episodes|
|Clé Bennett||Leonard||3/26 episodes|
|Nicki Burke||Tammy||3/26 episodes|
The process of elimination in this season is different compared to Total Drama. Rather than being eliminated by being voted off, the eliminations in Ridonculous Race are automatic. They are simply decided by whichever team is the last to reach the Chill Zone in each leg of the race. Some episodes may be non-elimination rounds, but it is never announced until after the final team has arrived. Only one team is eliminated in an irregular manner despite not coming in last, when one of their members sustained injuries that were too serious to allow them to continue.
Total Drama Presents: The Ridonculous Race was announced by Fresh TV via the Fresh TV Blog on July 1, 2014, following much speculation as to whether Total Drama would be renewed for a sixth season. On October 1 of the same year, the first official character design and host of the series; Don is revealed along with the official show logo. On December 30, the first two competitors are revealed; Carrie and Devin.
Fresh TV additionally reveals that the show will be formatted in terms of elimination to its base program, The Amazing Race, with several teams of two competing instead of individual contestants and with two characters eliminated at a time. They also confirm that a small selection of contestants from Total Drama will be competing in the series.
The Cake Entertainment page for Total Drama Presents: The Ridonculous Race is created on June 9, 2015. Its promo image showed five new members of the cast, the old design of the host, and three returning Total Drama cast members; Owen, Noah, and Geoff. Fresh TV gradually revealed the remaining teams as well as the locations over the summer. On September 4, 2015, Cartoon Network releases the first six episodes on their website. The show began premiering in the United States on September 7, 2015 with the airdate being confirmed via The Futon Critic on August 24.
The series has been added to Netflix as of November 2016. Despite being a separate series, it's shown to be listed under Total Drama as "Total Drama: The Ridonculous Race".
- While Total Drama is based on Survivor, The Ridonculous Race is based on The Amazing Race. Thus, many of the gameplay elements and rules of the show is similar to that of The Amazing Race.
- In addition to this, the main logo and title for The Ridonculous Race is also similar to that of The Amazing Race.
- Like The Amazing Race, teams will often talk about their time on the show during a montage of their moments after they are eliminated.
- Unlike Total Drama (with the exception of Blaineley), the contestants of The Ridonculous Race are of varying age, ranging from younger contestants to much older contestants.
- Unlike Total Drama, there are several eating challenges as well as water themed challenges.
- Noah, Owen, and Geoff are 19 years old by the time they join the Race, suggesting that three years have passed since Total Drama Island.
- This, however, is an error in continuity; in The Enchanted Franken-Forest, Chris states that Total Drama: Revenge of the Island happened three years after Total Drama Island. Chris was later imprisoned for a year before the premiere of Total Drama All-Stars. Assuming that at least four years have passed since the first season, the first generation contestants should all be 20 years old or older.
- Leonard on the other hand, is still 16 years old, which is the minimum age for all Total Drama contestants, suggesting that the Race takes place in less than a year after Total Drama: Pahkitew Island.
- The first four teams to be eliminated are coincidentally the final four teams to be introduced in None Down, Eighteen to Go - Part 1.
- Both teams with one of the members voiced by Emille-Claire Barlow and Katie Griffin are eliminated back-to-back.
- Both teams with one member voiced by Carlos Diaz are eliminated in the same episode.
- The last two teams with one member voiced by Carter Hayden are eliminated back-to-back.
- Two characters voiced by Scott McCord reach the finale.
- Counting Total Drama, this is the first time in the franchise where any contestant who returns from being previously eliminated goes on to become a finalist.
- This is the first series in the franchise to not air on Teletoon, instead it aired on the Canadian version of Cartoon Network.