|This article/section features spoilers. Continue reading at your own risk.|
|Total Drama All-Stars|
|Country of origin||Canada|
|Television channel(s)|| Teletoon|
|Teletoon premiere||January 9, 2014|
|Cartoon Network premiere||September 10, 2013|
|Created by|| Tom McGillis|
|Developed by|| Fresh TV Inc.|
|Directed by|| Keith Oliver|
|Preceded by||Total Drama: Revenge of the Island|
|Succeeded by||Total Drama: Pahkitew Island|
Total Drama All-Stars is the fifth season of Total Drama.
Fourteen of Total Drama's most memorable contestants from past seasons return and face off in the most dangerous challenges yet. This season's cast is comprised of Alejandro, Cameron, Courtney, Duncan, Gwen, Heather, Jo, Lightning, Lindsay, Mike, Sam, Scott, Sierra, and Zoey. Back in Camp Wawanakwa, the fourteen contestants are divided into two teams, the Heroic Hamsters and the Villainous Vultures and will have to square off for the grand prize of one million dollars. One by one, every contestant will be eliminated and sent home on the Flush of Shame until there is only one all-star left standing.
The process of elimination in this season is similar to the ones in Total Drama Island, Action, and World Tour. The elimination still takes place around the Campfire, like in season one and four, and the symbols of safety are still marshmallows. After an all-star receives the last marshmallow, the eliminated contestant has to take the Flush of Shame, representing their elimination from the competition.
|Voice Actor||Role||Episode count|
|Clé Bennett||Chef Hatchet||13/13 episodes|
|Christian Potenza||Chris||13/13 episodes|
|Cory Doran||Mike||13/13 episodes|
|Barbara Mamabolo||Zoey||13/13 episodes|
|Megan Fahlenbock||Gwen||13/13 episodes|
|James Wallis||Scott||12/13 episodes|
|Emilie-Claire Barlow||Courtney||11/13 episodes|
|Alex House||Alejandro||11/13 episodes|
|Kevin Duhaney||Cameron||10/13 episodes|
|Drew Nelson||Duncan||8/13 episodes|
|Annick Obonsawin||Sierra||7/13 episodes|
|Rachel Wilson||Heather||7/13 episodes|
|Brian Froud||Sam||4/13 episodes|
|Laurie Elliott||Jo||3/13 episodes|
|Tyrone Savage||Lightning||3/13 episodes|
|Stephanie Anne Mills||Lindsay||1/13 episodes|
The new season was confirmed in an interview with Tom McGillis on July 19, 2012, stating that the fifth season would be very similar to the first and fourth season, hinting it may take place on the island. The interview can be found on YouTube, here and here.
More information was released about the new season, confirming it to be currently in production through a ReFresh blog post by Tom McGillis on October 23, 2012. It confirmed that the season will be 13 episodes long, 13 of which focus on the original cast in an All-Star season.
Christian Potenza confirmed on his Facebook page that recording sessions for the fifth season have been scheduled for December. That same day, Drew Nelson revealed on his fanpage that Duncan would make some form of appearance this season. On February 3, 2013, Nelson confirmed that Duncan would indeed participate in the season.
Cartoon Network revealed the show's name in their Upfront press release on January 28, 2013 (Total Drama All-Stars), with the description Total Drama is back, but this time the team at Fresh TV have assembled the best loved and most hated contestants from seasons past to compete – Heroes vs. Villains style!.
In a YouTube video posted by Christian Potenza, it was confirmed that Cameron, Mike, Heather, Jo, Courtney, Gwen, Sierra and Alejandro would be returning. Also, it was confirmed that Alejandro would receive a new voice actor, Alex House.
On June 15, 2013, Total Drama creator Tom McGillis confirmed that the season is scheduled to air on Cartoon Network in September 2013 and Teletoon in January 2014.
A full cast list was leaked on August 6 through the Cartoon Network database.
The season premiered on September 10, 2013 in the United States on Cartoon Network. New episodes aired on Tuesdays at 7:00/6:00 central.
- As of this season, all seasons' 3rd ranking contestants are eliminated abnormally. In The Bold and the Booty-ful of Total Drama All-Stars, Scott is chosen to get flushed by Zoey since she wants to battle "Mike" in a "friendship finale."
- In I Triple Dog Dare You! of Total Drama Island, Heather is eliminated in a sudden-death challenge when she declines the challenge, but ends up "accidently" doing the Challenge.
- In Top Dog of Total Drama Action, Owen is fired by Chris for revealing his purpose of returning.
- In Hawaiian Punch of Total Drama World Tour, Cody is eliminated in a tiebreaker (when Alejandro knocks him into the water and fails to free Heather) for a spot in the finale.
- In The Enchanted Franken-Forest of Total Drama Revenge of the Island, Lightning decides to hurl Zoey because he thought Cameron would be easy to defeat in the finale.
- The first two contestants introduced are the season finalists.
- As of this season, Heather is currently the only female to win in the United States.
- Excluding specials, this season featured the one hundredth episode of the Total Drama series, Zeek And Ye Shall Find.
- Among the original contestants participitating, there are five females and two males. This is the reverse for the second generation contestants, with five males and two females participitating.
- Mike, Scott, and Zoey all made it farther in this season than they did in Total Drama: Revenge of the Island.
- Gwen and Courtney made it farther in this season than they did in Total Drama World Tour.
- Gwen is the only contestant from Total Drama Action to do better this season than in Total Drama Action.
- This is the first time any of the original contestants have competed in the show since Hawaiian Punch.
- This is the first season where no contestants return after being previously eliminated.
- This is the first season to premiere in the United States before Canada.
- This is the first season featuring the original contestants where a former Screaming Gopher is not one of the finalists.
- This is the first season to not have the same team win the first two challenges.
- This is the first season to feature Alex House, who replaced Marco Grazzini as Alejandro.
- This is the first season featuring the original contestants to not have any male Screaming Gophers competing.
- This is the first season where a former member of the Screaming Gophers is the first contestant voted off.
- This is the first season where a contestant finishes in the same ranking as their previous season, as Lindsay came in 14th in both Total Drama World Tour and this season.
- This is the first season where Duncan is not the highest-ranking former Killer Bass member in the season.
- This is the first season since Total Drama Island where Gwen makes it to the merge.
- This is the second season in which every competing contestant uses the confessional, the first being Total Drama Action.
- This is the second season where both finalists are members of the same team, the first being Total Drama Island.
- This is the second season where both members of a couple are the finalists, the first being Total Drama World Tour.
- This is also the second season since Total Drama World Tour where the antagonist of the season is in the final two.
- This is the second season where five members of the same team are eliminated consecutively, as every elimination from Cameron to Scott was a former member of the Villainous Vultures. The first season was Total Drama World Tour, with Team Victory.
- This is the second season in a row where Scott and Zoey make it to the final four.
- This is the third season to merge at the final eight.
- This season features the earliest merge in the show's history so far, with the merge occurring in the eighth episode.
- This season features the longest streak of consecutive irregular eliminations out of any season in the show's history, with four.
- This season features the lowest amount of writers, with four.
- This season features the closest margin between the two teams' numbers of victories and losses out of any season so far, as one team won four times, while the other team won three times.
- Also, in terms of the number of people eliminated from each team prior to the merge, this is the first season where it was a tie (even though the teams themselves remained uneven): Three Hamsters and three Vultures were eliminated before the merge.
- Many of the challenges this season contains elements from challenges from previous seasons.
- Only Ezekiel, Izzy and Owen have made cameos during the season.
- This is the first season where none of the contestants wore their swimsuits for water-related challenges.
- However, they were in their swimsuits in the opening sequence.
- This season bears similarities with two seasons of Survivor.
- Survivor: All-Stars: Both seasons share the same name and consists of contestants from different generations.
- Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains: Both seasons have the same name for both teams, and the first episode shares the exact same title.
- This season also introduces a reward of one member of the winning team volunteering for exile on Boney Island, which is similar to Survivor-based concepts such as Exile Island.
- This season also introduces the new feature of the peanut gallery, where the winning team gets to silently watch the losing team's elimination ceremony. This is similar to the gradually-increasing jury always being allowed to silently watch the post-merge Tribal Councils in every season of Survivor.
- This is the second season where no one ends up bald, the first being Total Drama Action.
|Total Drama seasons|