Total Drama Action is the second season of Total Drama.
This season's challenges are based on movie genres, and the site where each challenge takes place is an abandoned film lot in Toronto. The grand prize for this season is $1,000,000. Fifteen castmates compete for forty-two days for one grand prize. When eliminated, contestants have to take the Walk of Shame and enter the Lame-o-sine, which takes them to the Total Drama Aftermath studio. Here, they are interviewed by two hosts about their experiences on the show and how they feel about their current position.
After the events of Total Drama, Drama, Drama, Drama Island, all of season one's contestants attempted and failed to win the million dollars in a final challenge at Camp Wawanakwa. Chris recruits the closest lucky fourteen (later fifteen) players that tied in the challenge to continue on to the second season, which takes place on an abandoned film lot in Toronto. For forty-two days, the cast is forced to compete in movie genre themed challenges for the one million dollar grand prize, faced with new challenges, surprises, and drama. Once split into two new teams, the Killer Grips and the Screaming Gaffers, the contestants take part in various movie-genre-based challenges, where the winning teams gain immunity or rewards for their successes. The losing teams are forced to attend an award ceremony, where they vote on who will receive the Gilded Chris Award or immunity, and who will be forced to take the Walk of Shame to the Lame-o-sine, and be eliminated from the competition. The lucky cast member who outlasts their other castmates wins the highly anticipated $1,000,000.
Elimination is a common tradition carried out throughout the entire Total Drama series. In Total Drama Action, the elimination ceremony generally happens after every other challenge. The team or players that haven't received immunity will vote off another contestant via electronic devices. The participant who receives the most votes leaves the competition.
|E-Scope||Killer Grips||Returns||Riot On Set|
|Trent||Killer Grips||13th||3:10 to Crazytown|
|Gwen||Screaming Gaffers||12th||The Chefshank Redemption|
|DJ||Screaming Gaffers||11th||The Sand Witch Project|
|Explosivo||Killer Grips||10th||Full Metal Drama|
|Owen||Killer Grips||Returns||Ocean's Eight - Or Nine|
|Heather||Screaming Gaffers||9th||Million Dollar Babies|
|Leshawna||Screaming Gaffers||8th||Super Hero-ld|
|Justin||Killer Grips||7th||The Princess Pride|
|Lindsay||Killer Grips||6th||Rock n' Rule|
|Harold||Screaming Gaffers||5th||2008: A Space Owen|
|Courtney||Killer Grips||4th||Top Dog|
|Beth||Killer Grips||1st/2nd||The Aftermath: IV|
|Voice Actor||Role||Episode count|
|Christian Potenza||Chris||27/27 episodes|
|Clé Bennett||Chef Hatchet||27/27 episodes|
|Sarah Gadon||Beth||27/27 episodes|
|Drew Nelson||Duncan||27/27 episodes|
|Brian Froud||Harold||25/27 episodes|
|Stephanie Anne Mills||Lindsay||24/27 episodes|
|Scott McCord||Owen||21/27 episodes|
|Emilie-Claire Barlow||Courtney||20/27 episodes|
|Adam Reid||Justin||20/27 episodes|
|Novie Edwards||Leshawna||20/27 episodes|
|Rachel Wilson||Heather||18/27 episodes|
|Katie Crown||Izzy||16/27 episodes|
|Clé Bennett||DJ||14/27 episodes|
|Megan Fahlenbock||Gwen||13/27 episodes|
|Scott McCord||Trent||12/27 episodes|
|Dan Petronijevic||Geoff||9/27 episodes|
|Kristin Fairlie||Bridgette||9/27 episodes|
- Cody, Eva, Ezekiel, Katie, Noah, Sadie, and Tyler all appeared in six episodes.
- Alejandro, Blaineley, and Sierra all appeared in one episode.
- Monster in Monster Cash.
- Alien in Alien Resurr-eggtion.
- Drama in Riot On Set.
- Beach in Beach Blanket Bogus.
- Western in 3:10 to Crazytown.
- Prison in The Chefshank Redemption.
- Hospital in One Flu Over the Cuckoos.
- Horror in The Sand Witch Project.
- Disaster in Masters of Disasters.
- War in Full Metal Drama.
- Bank heist in Ocean's Eight - Or Nine.
- Prehistoric in One Million Bucks, B.C..
- Sports in Million Dollar Babies.
- Spy in Dial M for Merger.
- Superhero in Super Hero-ld.
- Fairytale in The Princess Pride.
- Mystery in Get a Clue.
- Rock 'n' roll in Rock n' Rule.
- Kung fu in Crouching Courtney, Hidden Owen.
- Space in 2008: A Space Owen.
- Animal buddy in Top Dog.
- Pirate and Miscellaneous (a combination of almost all of the past movie genres) in Mutiny on the Soundstage.
Total Drama Action EXTRA
The official Cartoon Network Total Drama Action site. It features videos, information about the contestants, games (see above), headlines, and exclusives, all on Total Drama Action recent stuff. Also, the Best. Game. Ever. challenge announcement changes weekly according to the previous episode of the season.
Best. Game. Ever.
An online game seen on Cartoon Network's official Total Drama Action site. It consists of RPG gameplay, where the player creates their own avatar and receives missions from Chris, which will change weekly, so it will relate to the last challenge done on the show. The player will be forming alliances, fighting beasts and obtaining money to buy more accessories for their avatar throughout the game.
The Big Picture
Another Cartoon Network game made on Total Drama Action. The main goal is to take high-quality pictures of the contestants, with as many castmates in them as possible while they run across film studios.
There are many more challenge prizes in Total Drama Action than in the previous season. Since this season has less contestants and the same number of episodes, a large number of challenges are reward and non-elimination ones.
Since there aren't any Region 1 and Region 2 DVD release of this season, Australia released Total Drama Action: Collection 1, in a Region 4 DVD on November 2, 2011. Total Drama Action: Collection 2 is released on July 4, 2012.
Total Drama Action has been released onto Netflix. This season contains unedited dialog and full screen, 16:9 aspect ratio. It also includes all the episodes of the season.
- Cody, Courtney, Eva, Ezekiel, Katie, Noah, Sadie, and Tyler are the contestants who did not originally qualify for this season, though Courtney later debuted in Ocean's Eight - Or Nine.
- Beth, Duncan, Harold, Courtney, Lindsay, and Justin all made it farther than they did in Total Drama Island. However, Owen, Leshawna, Heather, Izzy, DJ, Gwen, Trent, Geoff, and Bridgette did not.
- This is one of only two seasons to feature an odd number of competing contestants, with fifteen overall, the second being Total Drama: Revenge of the Island, with thirteen.
- The contestants who were eliminated before the merge in Total Drama Island (Justin, Beth, Harold, and Courtney), all made it past the merge this season.
- This is the first season where a contestant(s) is eliminated before the teams are formed. The only other time would be in Total Drama World Tour, with Duncan.
- This is the only season where all of its competing contestants have made it to the merge at least once in the series.
- With the exception of Eva, every contestant who made it to the merge in Total Drama Island made it into this season.
- The two characters who returned after being previously eliminated in this season were Owen and Izzy.
- This also marks the first time that the two returning contestants are of the opposite gender; one male and one female.
- This season is currently the only season where team captains were chosen by a challenge, and the captains got to choose the teams, rather than the host making the decision or by rankings in a challenge.
- This is also the only season in which the teams weren't formed in the first episode.
- While a major part of the previous season was getting a romantic relationship started for most campers, this season focuses on keeping a relationship going, surviving hardships, and several major relationships breaking up.
- The first five contestants shown in the opening are the final five of Total Drama Action. In this case, they are Duncan, Harold, Courtney, Owen, and Beth.
- This is the first season to ever feature a double elimination, and features two in total: Alien Resurr-eggtion and Top Dog.
- Due to the two double eliminations, this season never has an actual final thirteen.
- This is the first season to feature Total Drama Aftermath, where the eliminated contestants talk about their time on the show, and what they have been up to since.
- This is the first season in which the final two contestants were from two different teams.
- This is the first season in which no contestants became bald, with the second being Total Drama All-Stars.
- This is the first, and currently the only, season in which a former Killer Bass member was in the final two.
- This is the only season where there is no team swap between two contestants.