|This article/section features spoilers. Continue reading at your own risk.|
Total DramaRama (formerly titled "Total Drama Daycare") is a spin-off of the Total Drama franchise.
"Total DramaRama re-introduces favorite cast members like loveable Owen and uptight Courtney but ages them down from teenagers to toddlers. While the cast may be pint-sized, their teen personalities are fully-formed with the voices we know and love and each episode is packed with dream sequences, cutaways, visual jokes, confessionals and flashbacks. So, whether it’s using Uber to have a Ferris Bueller-style day off or scaring away a new teacher, our cast is ready to scale the walls, hack the school computer and do whatever it takes, because make no mistake... these toddlers are here to PLAY!"
Main Article: List of Total DramaRama episodes
So far, the following characters have made an appearance.
- Chef Hatchet
- Jude (from 6teen)
According to Actra Toronto, Total DramaRama started production on July 13, 2017 and is projected to end production on August 30, 2018. Total DramaRama was officially announced on December 19, 2017 by WorldScreen.
On June 4, 2018 Corus Entertainment confirmed the show's official release date along with the finalised title.
On July 30, 2018 the entire first episode was uploaded to the Cartoon Network App.
On December 21, 2018 the series was renewed for a second season according to a character designer of the show. The second season will also consist of 52 episodes just like its predecessor, expanding the episode count to 104.
- Emilie-Claire Barlow, the voice actress for Courtney, was nominated for Outstanding Performance – Female Voice for her performance as Courtney in the episode "Sharing is Caring".
- Lilly Bartlam, the voice actress for Gwen, was nominated for Outstanding Performance – Female Voice for her performance as Gwen in the episode "Aquarium for a Dream".
- According to Christine Thompson, Total DramaRama occurs in an alternate universe. Characters from 6teen, another Fresh TV-developed series, are also set to appear.
- All the children are 4 years old, as confirmed by Christine Thompson.
- Because the spin-off takes place in an alternate continuity, every character knew each other when they were children.
- Hilariously, MacArthur mentioned that Jen Masterson of 6teen was her babysitter, implying she is younger than the cast of 6teen. Here, she is older than both Jude and Nikki.
- Tom McGillis and Jennifer Pertsch decided to create Total DramaRama as they wanted to try something new and different with the franchise.
- According to Tom McGillis, Cartoon Network originally wanted to make the cast 11 years olds, but McGillis and his team suggested making them a lot younger. They thought that if they did make them 11 years olds, it will limit the number of stories they can tell.
- For a while, the show was conveniently called "Total Drama Daycare", but that was later changed to "Total DramaRama" because Fresh TV didn't want young kids to mistakenly think the show is about preschool.
- Imagine spots and flashbacks of the children are often depicted in the form of children's drawings, using the same art style as Owen's stories in The Sucky Outdoors, The Aftermath: III, and Oh My Izzy.
- While it is unknown which city the daycare is located, it has the same background scenery as New York City in A Million Ways to Lose a Million Dollars.
- This is the only series not to have Clé Bennett as part of the voice cast.
- This is the first season in the franchise since Total Drama All-Stars, where new episodes are released on a weekly basis on Cartoon Network.