|This article/section features spoilers. Continue reading at your own risk.|
|So, Uh This Is My Team?|
|Season 5.2, Episode 14|
|First aired (CAN)||September 4, 2014|
|First aired (USA)||July 7, 2014|
|Challenge(s)||Gather materials and build a shelter|
|Reward(s)||Two bags of food from the Petting Zoo Barbecue and Immunity.|
"The Final Wreck-ening
(Total Drama All-Stars)"
"I Love You, Grease Pig!"
The new season of Total Drama begins with fourteen new contestants arriving to a new island and finding out it's much tougher than the previous. They are placed on two teams, and the race to win starts as they have to build their new homes. One contestant's annoying ability and unhelpful tendencies end up getting him sent flying.
The episode begins with Chris reviewing the events of last season's destructive finale. He then introduces the location for this season, a Cree island in Western Canada named Pahkitew Island. The island is shown to be the least luxurious location in Total Drama history thus far, with no houses, no showers, and no cafeteria; meanwhile, the confessional was the only thing saved from last season.
After the theme song, the new cast is shown in a blimp, awaiting their arrival at the new island. Sky offers Max some gum, causing him to rant about his self-proclaimed evilness. Dave comments on Max's weirdness while Leonard attempts casting spells. Ella then begins singing, with accompaniment by Beardo and his beat-boxing. Amy requests that Samey switch seats with her, due to her sitting too close to Beardo. When they do switch, however, Amy is shocked to see how tall Jasmine is, who is now sitting next to Amy. Amy calls her a giant, and Jasmine questions if they're going to "have a problem". Topher runs around the blimp looking for Chris, while Sugar attacks him, angered by the possibility of him scuffing her pageant shoes. She threatens to throw him out the window and says he'll be "squished flat in 2 minutes", causing Scarlett to correct her. Rodney comments on Scarlett's brains, and Shawn is scared by the word "brains", being a paranoid zombie nut. The blimp enters some turbulence, and pieces of the blimp begin to the rain from the ceiling while the contestants scream and panic.
Chris appears asking if they're "ready for some fun", causing Ella and Topher to get excited, surprising Chris. He then continues to review the components of the blimp, explaining the emergency exits and the emergency parachute packs. He states that half of the parachutes are real, while the other half are filled with useless junk that will be useless, should they need them. Sky comments that "it's a good thing they won't need them", causing Chris to give a vague response about this season being filled with surprises, which is when one of the turbines on the blimp explodes, causing their blimp to quickly descend out of the sky. The contestants scramble to get parachute packs and exit the blimp, and Topher offers Chris one, but he states that he's a hologram, shocking Chef, who then grabs Topher's second pack and abandons the blimp. The contestants fall to the ground, with some being saved by parachutes, and some not, forcing them to land in the water. Chef is angered at Chris for not giving him a pack with a parachute, but Chris blows him off. Scarlett, Topher, Rodney, Jasmine, Max, Amy and Samey all had actual parachutes, so they are placed on a team. Samey tries to correct Chris on the pronunciation of her name, but Chris says she's officially "Same-y" because of Amy's meddling. He names the team the "Pimapotew Kinosewak", which he thinks means "Soaring Eagles", but Sky corrects Chris, saying their team name actual means "Floating Salmon". He then names Shawn, Leonard, Ella, Dave, Beardo, Sky and Sugar the "Waneyihtam Maskwak", which thinks means the "Ferocious Tigers", but actually means the "Confused Bears". He blames Chef, who used a free online translator.
He then announces that their first challenge is to build their own shelter. Hatchet then pummples the contestants with tennis balls as they scatter to their respective teams. Rodney and Jasmine keep interrupting each other as they attempt to lead the team. Rodney explains in the confessional that as the oldest of six brothers, he is used to being in charge. Jasmine says that as she is very tall, this is what must intimidate Rodney. As Jasmine explains to Rodney her plan, he falls in love with her. The lovestruck Rodney agrees blindly to her plan. Meanwhile, ask Sky tries to explain her plan to the team, Dave nervously tries to agree with Sky, but keeps awkardly messing up. Scarlett speaks up and says that the team should get the wheelbarrow. Amy interrupts Samey by saying this could be used to carry stuff, stealing her idea. Shawn easily evades the balls and grabs a can of Cream of Broccoli. The twins help stuff the wheel barrow with stuff as Rodney pushes. Topher boasts in the confessional that he will bring his face, after Jasmine instructs him to bring something "great". Dave is very annoyed that Shawn brought soup, as opposed to something useful. Topher asks Chris to watch Chris sign off to commerical, and he happily obliges.
As Ella finishes singing, Chris expresses annoyance and confusion. In the confessional, Ella explains that as she was a fan of season three, she will sing any chance she can get. Ella then grabs a bucket of glitter, which infuriates Dave and Sugar, the former because it is useless and the latter because she wants it for herself. As Dave draws Chef fire, Beardo goes to grab something, but he is running in slow motion, which annoys Dave again. He is hit by Chef and falls down. Leonard attempts to use magic, but he is hit by numerous tennis balls in the process. Sky then deflects one of Chef's hits and he is given a black eye. Chris then announces that whatever the contestants currently have may be only used to build their shelters. Max then is looking for his "evil lair" and selects a cave, but runs out as soon as he sees the bats.
As Jasmine's team is building their shelter, they hear construction noises from the other team and thus work harder. However, this is simply Beardo, making sound effects. Leonard suggests a Wizard's Tower, which annoys Dave, but Sugar, Ella, and Beardo agree to the plan. Sky tries to convince Dave that "the team has spoken" and they have no choice. Dave, very annoyed, complies. Jasmine finishes building the tree house as Chris releases a horde of mooses. The other team has finished as well building their Wizard's tower. However, when the mooses arrive, they knock over Leonard's tower. Chris declares them the losers. Beardo is voted off that night.
|Clé Bennett||Chef Hatchet/Beardo/Leonard|
- The order in which the contestants are introduced is:
- This is the first episode since Hawaiian Punch to take place at a location other than Camp Wawanakwa.
- This is the first episode since Hawaiian Punch to not feature any contestants from the second generation cast.
- Sky is revealed to understand Cree, being shown to correct Chef's translations.
- This is the first episode since Eat, Puke and Be Wary where more than one character share the same voice actor. In this case, Chef Hatchet, Leonard and Beardo (voiced by Clé Bennett) as well as Amy and Samey (voiced by Bryn McAuley).
- This is also the first episode since Walk Like An Egyptian - Part 2 where three characters share a voice actor in the same episode.
- This marks the first time a character voiced by Clé Bennett is eliminated normally, as all of DJ's eliminations were abnormal.
- The confessional outhouse was the only thing saved from Camp Wawanakwa after its sinking.
- The music that plays during the Cannon of Shame's introduction is the same used before the Gilded Chris Award ceremonies in Total Drama Action.
- The satellite seen in the opening of Bigger, Badder, Brutal-er! is seen in the pile of scrap.
- The building challenge is similar to the "building a hot tub" challenge from Not So Happy Campers - Part 2
- One of Leonard's spell incantations was a reference to the Harry Potter spell "Expelliarmus", which disarms the caster's opponent.
- Leonard's line, "Go back to the shadows of Wawanakwa, you shall not pass", is a reference to a line said by Gandalf in Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring.
- When Beardo was revealed to be the one that is eliminated, the sound effect he made is from the Pac-Man series whenever Pac-Man loses a life.
- When the cast is jumping off of the balloon, Chef jumps first followed by Topher, but in the next scene Topher appears falling followed by Amy and then Chef.
- On the blimp, hologram Chris says there are seven parachutes, and seven non-parachutes. However, there is still one for Chef.
- When the contestants are shown falling some of them aren't there.
- The cable guide says Chris introduces sixteen contestants but there are only fourteen.
- When the contestants are shown falling we can see Amy falling after Topher, while Samey isn't there, but afterwards we can see Samey with Amy screaming.
- Chris claims that he was responsible for sinking Camp Wawanakwa, when it was actually Chef's fault. However, he did instruct Chef to do it in the first place.
|Total Drama: Pahkitew Island episodes|
|Pre-merge||So, Uh This Is My Team? | I Love You, Grease Pig! | Twinning Isn't Everything | I Love You, I Love You Knots | A Blast from the Past | Mo Monkey Mo Problems | This Is The Pits! | Three Zones and A Baby|
|Post-merge||Hurl and Go Seek | Scarlett Fever | Sky Fall | Pahk'd With Talent | Lies, Cries and One Big Prize|