|Number of members||12|
|Highest ranking member|| Gwen, 1st/2nd place
Owen, 1st/2nd place
|Lowest ranking member||Noah, 21st place|
|Advanced to Action||9|
|Advanced to World Tour||8|
|Advanced to All-Stars||3|
|Team selected by||Chris|
|Action counterpart||Screaming Gaffers|
The Screaming Gophers is one of the two opposing teams on Total Drama Island, the other being the Killer Bass. The Screaming Gophers originally consisted of Owen, Gwen, Beth, Trent, Justin, Leshawna, Heather, Cody, Noah, Lindsay, and Katie. In the episode Not So Happy Campers - Part 2, Katie and Sadie, being inseparable, begged Chris to let them be on the same team, and after a while, Chris lets Katie switch to the Killer Bass and as a result, Izzy becomes a Screaming Gopher. The Screaming Gophers' logo is a green gopher standing upright with its fists drawn out. It is mounted on a pale yellow circle with a green ring around it. The Screaming Gophers were seen as the superior team to the Killer Bass in challenges, losing only five challenges compared to the Killer Bass' seven.
In Not So Happy Campers - Part 1, the team members were chosen by Chris. The Screaming Gophers went undefeated for the first two episodes. They seem to got along pretty well in the first challenge and their teamwork was better then their rival team. Their losing strict ended in Dodgebrawl, when the Killer Bass managed to defeat them in three out of five dodgeball matches only after the Gophers had already taken the lead with two wins, winning the third and fourth thanks to Duncan's prison tactics and the last match due to Harold's figure skating skills, which gave them their first win. Noah becomes the first Screaming Gopher voted off the island because of his refusal to help in the dodgeball match and lack of team spirit. All the way up until If You Can't Take The Heat..., the Gophers were always either tied or at an advantage in numbers.
From Up the Creek to If You Can't Take The Heat..., the Screaming Gophers lost three consecutive challenges, losing Izzy, Cody, and Beth respectively, which decreases their numbers below those of the Killer Bass for the first and only time in the season's run. This was mostly perceived as bad luck from a cursed tiki idol that Beth unknowingly took from Boney Island in Up the Creek, which led up to her elimination. However, following Beth's elimination, the Gophers redeemed themselves by winning another three consecutive challenges up until Brunch of Disgustingness, when the teams merged (giving the Gophers a six-four advantage over the Bass), meaning that Heather, Trent, Gwen, Leshawna, Owen, and Lindsay are the only members to make it to the merge.
The two teams ended in Brunch of Disgustingness; Bridgette moved to the gophers cabins while Trent and Owen moved into the Bass cabins in order to have the two genders compete against each other during the challenge. Izzy returns in No Pain, No Game, claiming to have been living in the woods since her elimination and in that same episode the teams were permanently dissolved.
|Screaming Gophers teammates|
|Beth | Cody | Gwen | Heather | Izzy | Justin | Katie | Leshawna | Lindsay | Noah | Owen | Trent|
|Contestant||Gender||Rank||Team rank||Episode||Reason for elimination|
|Noah||Male||21st||11th||Dodgebrawl||Refused to participate in the dodgeball game by being over-sarcastic and ticked off his teammates.|
|Justin||Male||20th||10th||Not Quite Famous||Heather tricked others into voting off Justin instead of her.|
|Izzy||Female||Returns||Returns||Up the Creek||Although she was not actually eliminated, the RCMP arrive to arrest her and she runs off screaming, "You'll never get me alive!"|
|Cody||Male||17th||9th||Paintball Deer Hunter||He was in a full body cast due to being mauled by a bear and the team thought he wasn't useful anymore.|
|Beth||Female||16th||8th||If You Can't Take The Heat...||Her team found out about the cursed tiki idol she took from Boney Island and was blamed for their losses.|
|Trent||Male||11th||7th||Search and Do Not Destroy||Gwen told Leshawna that Heather kissed Trent. Leshawna told everybody to vote him or Heather off. Since Heather won invincibility, they voted off Trent instead.|
|Lindsay||Female||9th||6th||That's Off the Chain!||Thanks to Heather she crossed the finish line second, but since Owen and Duncan couldn't make it to the finish line, due to their bikes being destroyed, by a technicality, she was the last to cross the finish line.|
|Izzy||Female||7th||5th||Wawanakwa Gone Wild!||She shot Heather, Chef Hatchet, a plane, and a unicorn with a tranquillizer gun due to having bad hunting skills and being too crazy.|
|Leshawna||Female||5th||4th||Haute Camp-ture||Katie and Sadie accidentally caused many of the campers and a parrot to vote her off by saying her name.|
|Heather||Female||3rd||3rd||I Triple Dog Dare You!||Gwen and Owen teamed up against her, and she failed a dare on a technicality due.|
|Gwen||Female||1st/2nd||1st/2nd||The Very Last Episode, Really!||Won the final challenge and won the first season; came in second in Owen's ending.|
|Owen||Male||1st/2nd||1st/2nd||The Very Last Episode, Really!||Won the final challenge and won the first season; came in second in Gwen's ending.|
- Throughout the entire series, original members of the Gophers are generally more successful in winning than the Bass' members. Examples of this include:
- They won most of the challenges (both pre-merge and post-merge) in Total Drama Island.
- Every one of the Screaming Gophers (except Cody and Noah), returned for Total Drama Action.
- Every one of the Screaming Gophers (except for Trent, Beth, and Justin) returned for Total Drama World Tour.
- Every former Gopher, except Katie, has competed on at least two seasons.
- Four out of the final five contestants in Total Drama Island (Owen, Gwen, Heather, and Leshawna) were Gophers, and the final three campers were all Gophers.
- A Gopher has made it to the final two in every one of the first three seasons, whereas there were no former Bass in the final two of Total Drama Island or Total Drama World Tour.
- Every former Gopher has made it to or past eleventh place at least once.
- A Gopher was never one of the first two people eliminated from the show, until Lindsay in Total Drama All-Stars.
- In every season to feature members of the original cast, there was at least one Gopher competing in every episode, or (in the case of the Aftermath episodes) making some sort of an appearance.
- The Screaming Gophers currently feature the highest amount of contestants who have competed in the first three seasons, tying with its Total Drama Action counterpart, the Screaming Gaffers. Both teams have six members in this category.
- For the Gophers, those six are Lindsay, Heather, Gwen, Leshawna, Izzy, and Owen.
- The Screaming Gophers currently feature the highest amount of contestants who have competed in four seasons, once again tying with the Screaming Gaffers, with three.
- The Screaming Gophers have more members then the Killer Bass that have made it to the final four of a season. Those members are Owen, Gwen, Heather, Beth, and Cody.
- Also, at least one member of the Screaming Gophers reaches the final four in every season featuring the original contestants.
- For some reason, Ezekiel is not included in the Killer Bass picture. Instead, he is seen in the Screaming Gophers picture. There are several strange flaws with the picture besides this. Examples include:
- Gwen is standing on air, and, since she is leaning over, her back seems bent out of shape.
- Cody's shirt and pants are altered from the promotional picture, and his legs are very irregularly shaped.
- Leshawna's earring is half-way colored.
- Noah is not smiling in the picture, even though he was smiling in the main promotional picture with all of the twenty-two campers.
- Trent's shirt collar is missing.
- The Screaming Gophers have six females and five males. This is the reverse of the Killer Bass.
- A majority of the post-merge challenges were won by former Screaming Gophers:
- No Pain, No Game: Leshawna won Invincibility and a luxurious trailer.
- Search and Do Not Destroy: Although almost everyone technically won the challenge, Heather won the greatest victory by winning the Invincibility pass.
- Hide and Be Sneaky: Leshawna won once again, winning invincibility. Heather also managed to win Invincibility for helping Chef hunt other campers.
- That's Off the Chain!: Heather, yet again, won Invincibility.
- Hook, Line, and Screamer: Gwen won Invincibility.
- Wawanakwa Gone Wild!: Gwen won the prize of a gourmet dinner.
- Are We There Yeti?: Gwen and Heather both won.
- Thus, in the two episodes after that, a Gopher won.
- In most of the series, there are more former Gophers in the game than former Bass:
- In Total Drama Island, the only episode in which there were more Bass on the island than Gophers was Who Can You Trust? (with seven Bass and six Gophers) In addition, the only three episodes where there was an even amount of each were The Sucky Outdoors (nine each), If You Can't Take The Heat... (seven each), and Basic Straining (six each).
- In Total Drama Action, the only episodes where there were more Bass than Gophers were Get a Clue, Crouching Courtney, Hidden Owen, and 2008: A Space Owen (all three of these had three Bass and two Gophers). In addition, the only episodes where there were the same amount of Gophers and Bass were The Princess Pride (three each), Rock n' Rule (three each), Top Dog (two each), Mutiny on the Soundstage, and The Aftermath: IV (the latter two both had one each).
- In Total Drama World Tour, there were no episodes where there was ever more Bass than Gophers. The only episode with an even amount of competitors from both teams was Chinese Fake-Out (with two each).
- In Total Drama All-Stars, the only episodes where there was an even amount of Bass and Gophers were Evil Dread, Saving Private Leechball, Food Fright, Moon Madness, and No One Eggspects The Spanish Opposition, with two each. The only episodes where there were more Bass than Gophers were Suckers Punched and You Regatta Be Kidding Me, with two Bass and one Gopher. In Zeek And Ye Shall Find, The Obsta-Kill Kourse, and Sundae Muddy Sundae, it was back to being even with one Bass and one Gopher. In The Bold and the Booty-ful, the only member of the original cast left was a Gopher.
- Beth is the only female Screaming Gopher to compete in only two seasons.
- This is the only team Izzy has been on in which she wasn't the first member to be eliminated.
- Former Screaming Gopher Gwen currently holds the record for most challenges won in a single season (Total Drama Island), and also the most challenges won in all of the seasons she participated.
- Counting Gwen's ending of The Very Last Episode, Really!, this is one of only four teams whose highest ranking member is a female. The other are Killer Grips, Team Amazon and Heroic Hamsters.
- The runner-ups of the first three seasons of Canada are on this team.
- Owen, Gwen, Heather, Izzy, and Lindsay are the only members of this team to have a cameo appearance in Total Drama: Revenge of the Island.
- This team has more contestants who had a cameo appearance in the fourth season than any other team in the series.
- Owen is the only male member of the team to have a cameo appearance in the fourth season.
- The Screaming Gophers are one of only two teams to have all three finalists from the season on it, the other being Waneyihtam Maskwak from Total Drama: Pahkitew Island.
- Despite being considered the "superior" team of the season, they are the first team ever to lose more then two times in a row.