Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Screaming Gaffers is one of the two opposing teams in Total Drama Action. Their symbol is a light green circle containing a green light-bulb with crossbones, surrounded by a green circular outline. The team members were chosen by the team captain, Gwen, and consists of herself, Duncan, DJ, Harold, Heather, and Leshawna.
The Screaming Gaffers are formed in Riot On Set, its members being decided through selection by Gwen. She picks her friends Duncan, Leshawna, and DJ, chooses Heather under Leshawna's advice, and accepts the boasting Harold "if for no other reason but to shut him up." Duncan wins the acting challenge after his tearful performance, making the Screaming Gaffers the first team to win a challenge in Total Drama Action. In Beach Blanket Bogus, the Gaffers win a beached-themed party after Trent begins to throw challenges for Gwen. Trent continues his cheating in 3:10 to Crazytown, and he is later voted out after Justin discovers what he is doing.
Justin and the other Grips convince Gwen to even the score with them and Gwen ends up keeping her end of the deal in The Chefshank Redemption, where she tries to slow her team down through any means possible such as convincing them she has cramps, and telling DJ and Leshawna not to work so hard. She tops it off by breaking a golden shovel over Harold's head, snapping it in two. This is one of the reasons Leshawna, Harold, and Heather voted Gwen off, removing her from the competition. With Gwen and Trent gone, the competition returns to normal, as the Gaffers win again in One Flu Over the Cuckoos. Leshawna then fake cries to get the team to vote for her to win the reward: a trip to a spa with a close friend. Leshawna also tries to start an alliance with Duncan and Harold against Heather, though this doesn't work out until Dial M for Merger, when Heather is already out of the game.
By The Sand Witch Project, DJ's illegal alliance with Chef starts to wear on his conscious. After Chef helps the Gaffers win the first challenge, they must scare the Grips out of the craft services tent to win invincibility. After Duncan and Harold's plans fail, DJ cooks one up that wins the Gaffers invincibility. Even though they win, DJ's conscience gets the better of him, and he quits the game for his pride, setting the Gaffers one member back behind the Grips. Conflicts begin to rise in Masters of Disasters, when it is revealed that Leshawna fake cried to win the spa trip. Leshawna is disliked for many future episodes. By Full Metal Drama, Duncan states he considers Leshawna already off the team. The team manage to win invincibility again after Duncan and Harold put their conflict aside to prevent the Grips from stealing the Trunk of Mind Blowing Secrets.
The Screaming Gaffers are once again on even footing with the Grips, with four members each in Ocean's Eight - Or Nine. During the challenge, Leshawna ends up being locked in a vault, and the rest of the team has to get her out. They eventually decide not to let Leshawna out of the vault and instead go on to complete the challenge without her. Duncan is shocked to learn that Courtney will be returning to the game, and will be put on the Killer Grips. Thanks to Duncan, the Gaffers easily construct their get away car and begin down the hill. The Grips almost pass them when they run out of gas, but the Gaffers still manage to win invincibility by pushing their cart towards the finish line.
When Leshawna is released from the vault and Courtney appoints herself as the leader of the Grips, the Gaffers have to work harder during the challenges to keep up, especially in One Million Bucks, B.C.. Even though Duncan built his fire first, it is revealed he used a lighter (which was not a prehistoric tool), so the Grips get bigger bones during the duel challenge. Leshawna defeats Lindsay, Heather loses to Beth, and Harold and Justin tie. In the tie-breaker, Courtney tricks Duncan, and he falls into the tar, making the Grips the winners. The Gaffers lose again in Million Dollar Babies, and although Leshawna is caught trash-talking the other contestants during her spa night, it is Heather who is sent home because Harold and Duncan accept Leshawna's apologetic cheer.
The Screaming Gaffers are broken up in Dial M for Merger, with Leshawna, Duncan, and Harold progressing to the merge.
|Screaming Gaffers teammates|
|DJ | Duncan | Gwen | Harold | Heather | Leshawna|
|Contestant||Gender||Rank||Team rank||Episode||Reason for elimination|
|Gwen||Female||12th||6th||The Chefshank Redemption||Voted herself off in order to repay the Killer Grips for when Trent had thrown challenges for her.|
|DJ||Male||11th||5th||The Sand Witch Project||Quit the competition and confessed his illegal alliance with Chef, due to guilt.|
|Heather||Female||9th||4th||Million Dollar Babies||Leshawna's cheerleading convinced Duncan and Harold to vote for Heather, who lost a challenge, instead of Leshawna.|
|Leshawna||Female||8th||3rd||Super Hero-ld||Sent home because Duncan, Courtney, and Justin all convinced Harold to vote her off with them.|
|Harold||Male||5th||2nd||2008: A Space Owen||Owen voted for him to keep himself covered, since he had been caught by Harold. Duncan also voted for him after he squished Scruffy.|
|Duncan||Male||1st/2nd||1st||The Aftermath: IV||Duncan got more votes than Beth. Runner-up in Beth's ending.|
- The Screaming Gaffers are the only "superior" team in the series to have less members than the "inferior" team at the merge, due to the several amount of reward challenges in the season.
- A gaffer is a manager of electronic equipment used in executing lights on film sets.
- This team ties with Team Amazon for the highest amount of challenge wins out of any team in the series, with eight each.
- With the exception of Harold, all the Screaming Gaffers members are eliminated irregularly in Total Drama Island:
- All the females members (Gwen, Heather, and Leshawna) were originally on the Screaming Gophers, and all the males (DJ, Duncan, and Harold) were originally on the Killer Bass.
- Four of the five members of the final five in Total Drama Island are on this team.
- Harold was the only member of this team to not make it past the merge in Total Drama Island.
- Every member of this team made it to Total Drama World Tour, making the Screaming Gaffers the only team in the series to have all of its members return for another season.
- In addition, this makes the Gaffers tied with the Screaming Gophers for the highest amount of members to compete in all of the first three seasons, with six each.
- Also, this team is tied with the Screaming Gophers, Team Amazon, and Heroic Hamsters for the second highest amount of members to compete in four seasons, with three, behind the Villainous Vultures, with four.
- Those three are Gwen, Heather, and Duncan.
- The Screaming Gaffers is one of two teams in Total Drama who didn't have any extra members as a result of a switch or returning contestant, the other being Team Victory.
- Harold and Leshawna are the only members of this team who did not make a cameo appearance in Total Drama: Revenge of the Island.
- Every male member of this team has quit the game at some point in the series. DJ quit in Total Drama Action in The Sand Witch Project, and Duncan and Harold both quit in Total Drama World Tour, in Walk Like An Egyptian - Part 1 and Super Happy Crazy Fun Time Japan, respectively.
- This is the second team featuring Duncan as the highest ranking member, the first being the Killer Bass.
- This is the only team DJ and Harold have been on without Bridgette and Ezekiel.
- This is one of only four teams to have all of its members make it to the merge at least once in the series, the others being the Killer Grips, Team Amazon, and Villainous Vultures.
- This is one of four teams to lose a member in an episode in which they win the challenge, the others being Team Chris Is Really Really Really Really Hot, Mutant Maggots, and Waneyihtam Maskwak.
- Despite being the "superior" team of the season, they end up with less members than the Grips at the merge.