|Number of members||6|
|Highest ranking member||Duncan, 1st/2nd place|
|Lowest ranking member||Gwen, 12th place|
|Advanced to World Tour||6 (all)|
|Advanced to All-Stars||3|
|Team selected by||Gwen|
The Screaming Gaffers is one of the two opposing teams in Total Drama Action. Their symbol is a light green circle containing a green light-bulb with crossbones, surrounded by a green circular outline. The team is picked by Gwen and consists of herself, Duncan, Leshawna, DJ, Heather, and Harold.
In Riot On Set, Duncan wins the acting challenge after his tearful performance, making the Screaming Gaffers the first team to win a challenge in Total Drama Action. In Beach Blanket Bogus, the Gaffers win a beached-themed dinner after Trent begins throwing challenges for Gwen. Trent continues his cheating in 3:10 to Crazytown, and he is later voted out after Justin discovers what he is doing.
Justin and the other Grips convince Gwen to even the score with them and Gwen ends up keeping her end of the deal in The Chefshank Redemption, where she tries to slow her team down through any means possible such as convincing them she has cramps, and telling DJ and Leshawna not to work so hard. She tops it off by breaking a golden shovel over Harold's head, snapping it in two. This was one of the reasons Leshawna, Harold, and Heather voted Gwen off, removing her from the competition. With Gwen and Trent gone, the competition returns to normal, as the Gaffers win again in One Flu Over the Cuckoos. Leshawna then fake cries to get the team to vote for her to win the reward: a trip to a spa with a close friend. Leshawna also tries to start an alliance with Duncan and Harold against Heather, though this doesn't work out until Dial M for Merger, when Heather is already out of the game.
By The Sand Witch Project, DJ's illegal alliance with Chef starts to wear on his conscious. After Chef helps the Gaffers win the first challenge, they must scare the Grips out of the craft services tent to win invincibility. After Duncan and Harold's plans fail, DJ cooks one up that wins the Gaffers invincibility. Even though they won, DJ's conscience gets the better of him, and he quits the game for his pride, setting the Gaffers one member back behind the Grips. Conflicts begin to rise in Masters of Disasters, when it is revealed that Leshawna fake cried to win the spa trip. Even though they won, Leshawna is disliked for many future episodes. By Full Metal Drama, Duncan states he considers Leshawna already off the team. The team manage to win invincibility again after Duncan and Harold put their conflict aside to prevent the Grips from stealing the Trunk of Mind Blowing Secrets.
The Screaming Gaffers are once again on even footing with the Grips, with four members each in Ocean's Eight - Or Nine. During the challenge, Leshawna ends up being locked in a vault, and they have to get her out. They eventually decide not to let Leshawna out of the vault and instead go on to complete the challenge without her. Duncan is shocked to learn that Courtney will be returning to the game, and will be put on the Killer Grips. Thanks to Duncan, the Gaffers easily construct their get away car and begin down the hill. The Grips almost pass them when they run out of gas, but the Gaffers still manage to win invincibility by pushing their cart towards the finish line.
When Leshawna was released from the vault and Courtney as the leader of the Grips, the Gaffers have to work harder during the challenges to keep up, especially in One Million Bucks, B.C.. Even though Duncan built his fire first, it was revealed he used a lighter (which was not a prehistoric tool), so the Grips get bigger bones during the duel challenge. Leshawna defeats Lindsay, Heather loses to Beth, and Harold and Justin tie. In the tie-breaker, Courtney tricks Duncan, and he falls into the tar, making the Grips the winners. The Gaffers lose again in Million Dollar Babies, and although Leshawna was caught trash-talking the other contestants during her spa night, it was Heather who was sent home because Harold and Duncan accepted Leshawna's apologetic cheer.
The Screaming Gaffers are broken up in Dial M for Merger, with Leshawna, Duncan, and Harold going on to the merge. Leshawna was sent home by Duncan, Courtney, Justin, and even Harold in Super Hero-ld thanks to the new guys' alliance and due to her being a big threat. Harold was voted off in 2008: A Space Owen as he was about to reveal Owen's cheating as a traitor to everyone after he got eliminated, but fails as he gets dragged away from the show. In Duncan's ending of the season finale, he receives the most votes to win and takes home the million dollar prize.
|Screaming Gaffers teammates|
|DJ | Duncan | Gwen | Harold | Heather | Leshawna|
|Contestant||Gender||Rank||Team rank||Episode||Reason for elimination|
|Gwen||Female||12th||6th||The Chefshank Redemption||Voted herself off in order to repay the Killer Grips for when Trent had thrown challenges for her.|
|DJ||Male||11th||5th||The Sand Witch Project||Quit the competition while Lindsay's elimination and confessed his illegal alliance with Chef, due to guilt.|
|Heather||Female||9th||4th||Million Dollar Babies||Leshawna's cheerleading convinced Duncan and Harold to vote for Heather, who lost a challenge, instead of Leshawna.|
|Leshawna||Female||8th||3rd||Super Hero-ld||Sent home because Duncan, Courtney, and Justin all convinced Harold to vote her off with them.|
|Harold||Male||5th||2nd||2008: A Space Owen||Owen voted for him to keep himself covered, since he had been caught by Harold. Duncan also voted for him after he squished Scruffy.|
|Duncan||Male||1st/2nd||1st||The Aftermath: IV||Duncan got more votes than Beth. Runner-up in Beth's ending.|
- The Screaming Gaffers were the only "superior" team in the series to have less members then the "inferior" team at the merge.
- A Gaffer is a manager of electronic equipment used in executing lights on film sets.
- This team ties with Team Amazon for the highest amount of challenge wins out of any team in the series, with eight each.
- The Gaffers have three major conflicts in the series; Gwen and Heather, Harold and Duncan, and Leshawna and Heather.
- DJ is the only member of this team to not be part of any major conflict.
- In Total Drama Island, all the Screaming Gaffers members (except for Harold) were eliminated irregularly:
- All the females members (Gwen, Heather, and Leshawna) were originally on the Screaming Gophers, and all the males (DJ, Duncan, and Harold) were originally on the Killer Bass.
- Four of the five members of the final five in Total Drama Island were on this team.
- Harold was the only member of this team to not make it past the merge in Total Drama Island.
- All of the contestants of this team made it to Total Drama World Tour, making the Screaming Gaffers the only team in the series to have all of their members return to another season.
- In addition, this makes the Gaffers tied with the Screaming Gophers for the highest amount of members to compete in all of the first three seasons, with six each.
- Also, this team is tied with the Gophers for the highest amount of members to compete in four seasons, with three; Gwen, Heather, and Duncan.
- The Screaming Gaffers were the first team in Total Drama who didn't have any extra members as a result of a switch or returning contestant, the other being Team Victory.
- This is also one out of only two teams to have an even amount of male and female members, along with Team Victory.
- Harold and Leshawna are the only two members of this team who did not make a cameo appearance in Total Drama: Revenge of the Island.
- Every male member of this team has quit the game at some point in the series. DJ quit in Total Drama Action, and Duncan and Harold both quit in Total Drama World Tour.
- This is the second team featuring Duncan as the highest ranking member, the first being the Killer Bass.
- This is the second "superior" team in the series, the others being the Screaming Gophers, Team Amazon, Mutant Maggots, Villainous Vultures, and Waneyihtam Maskwak.