|Fur Color||Gray (Black and white facial markings and black stripes on tail)|
|Friends||Beth, Courtney, Owen (possibly)|
|Enemies||Chef Hatchet, Duncan, Lightning|
|First Appearance||Wawanakwa Gone Wild!|
|Last Appearance||Eat, Puke and Be Wary|
A raccoon is a small, gray, furry mammal with a black facial mask and a ringed tail. They can often be seen around Camp Wawanakwa.
The first raccoon appears in the opening sequence for Total Drama Island when it is pushed out of a tree by a hidden camera.
The raccoon made its first appearance in Wawanakwa Gone Wild!. Duncan is tasked to capture a raccoon for the challenge. However, when he encounters one and threatens it with a chainsaw, several other raccoons appear and combine into a fearsome beast like a robot. It is complete with a very beast-like roar, raccoon launchers and glowing red eyes and proceeds to chase Duncan around the island. It shot more raccoons at Duncan's head, allowing him to catch one, and bring it to the cage at the campfire pit, and started communicating with a duck, also in the cage (courtesy of Gwen). It later attacked Owen after being trapped in the cage.
In Camp Castaways, a few raccoons are seen on a chair floating down the river after the camp is flooded. In Are We There Yeti?, Owen encounters a raccoon when he puts on the night vision goggles, which is seen catching a fish. It waves to him, and does not notice the Sasquatchanakwa running behind it.
A raccoon appears in the opening sequence, where it falls out of a hole in a tree when a camera pops out of it.Top Dog as Beth's animal buddy. For the first challenge, the raccoon must imitate Beth which it does perfectly by assisting Beth when she lost her retainer. She named the raccoon "Mr. Whiskers." In the episode, it's revealed that Mr. Whiskers' burrow is home to several other raccoons. Oddly, they lead a civilized life. Their burrow contains a kitchen area, a ping-pong table, and a wide-screen television. They seem to consider themselves superior to humans because of this and the way they treat Beth. With Mr. Whiskers help, Beth was be able to win both parts of the challenge, enabling her to reach the final three.
In Celebrity Manhunt's Total Drama Action Reunion Special, Duncan and Courtney are shown to have a pet raccoon named Brittany who Courtney tries to get sole custody of by suing Duncan after she and Duncan break up. Also, Izzy used a raccoon as a sort of grappling hook to try to break into the studio where the Gemmie Awards were being held.
In the opening sequence, a raccoon is seen flying out of the Total Drama Jumbo Jet.
In Awwwwww, Drumheller, as Sierra explains that she's planning a surprise for Cody she pats a small brown satchel, which then moves, indicating that an animal is trapped inside it. Later, a tied raccoon is seen running past Alejandro in the kitchen, with Sierra trying to catch it, indicating that it was the animal Sierra had trapped earlier.
In Backstabbers Ahoy!, a mutated raccoon is used by Chris to scare the campers out of the main lodge because their breakfast was cutting into time that could be used for the challenge. Once outside, Chris notices that Lightning is missing. Lightning is then thrown out of one of the windows by the raccoon.
- Apparently, raccoons are used in Chef's Blue Plate Special at Chef's Roadkill Café.
- Beth's raccoon buddy in Top Dog has a different facial design than the other raccoons previously shown in the series. It has a unique facial marking that resembles Beth's glasses. This jokingly shows how much they are alike.
- The people who got this animal in challenges were the final two of Total Drama Action (Duncan had to catch the raccoon in Total Drama Island whereas Beth had to train it in Total Drama Action).
- Duncan and Courtney are the first characters to have a raccoon as a pet.
- The raccoons are possibly one of the smartest animals on the show, showing they can easily communicate with people, and live like humans, shown in Top Dog, when Beth visits their home.
- The raccoon is one of few animals to appear in every season.
- Several other raccoons appear and combine into a fearsome beast like a robot in a reference to the film, Transformers in Wawanakwa Gone Wild!.