The eighteen teams make their way to the second destination on their journey, where they have to endure the desert and hot spices to make it to their first Chill Zone. Two teams spark a rivalry to try and make it to the finish first, while several others have multiple problems, including animal protection, spice allergies, family rivalry and utter embarrassment. Ultimately, one and their secret crush win the day; while a desperate action by another team allows them barely make it, as two annoyances who can't make an alliance attempt to magically obtain victory, sealing their fate and sending them home.
The episode opens at the airport where the six remaining contestants are waiting to board the final plane to the next destination. The LARPers try to kill time by offering to form alliances with other teams, but their weirdness only repels everyone else. As flight number one lands in Morocco, the first six teams compete in an "All-In" challenge, where they have to make their way to Youseff's Spice Kiosk. Then they must choose five spices, ideally Cumin, Cinnamon, Paprika, Saffron, and Ginger, to receive their next tip. A few of the teams express excitement for the next challenge due to their knowledge of spices. As flight number two takes the air, the Rockers express their fear of flying for the first time. Several teams manage to complete the challenge with ease and must proceed to a restaurant in the desert on a camel.
By the time the second flight arrives, the third flight has taken off. Both Vegans and Geniuses are easily able to identify the five spices, and with the pressure building up, the Reality TV Pros and Father and Son have no choice but to choose their spices at random. Meanwhile, Emma refuses to let Kitty help in the challenge, believing she would guess, even though Kitty tries to point out Emma guessed as well. As most teams are on their way to the restaurant, the final flight arrives in Morocco. En route, the Vegans develop a bond with their camel and refuse to ride it, further adding that they wish to start a campaign against riding camels. Father and Son do not fare well, with their camel collapsing along the way.
The Cadets are the first ones to reach the chef. The Race's first "Botch or Watch" challenge consists of one member of each team eating a Moroccan stew cooked with the spices they brought, and then make their way to the Chill Zone. As MacArthur is overheating, Sanders volunteers to eat the stew. However, upon seeing Sanders eating like a "civilized person" by constantly wiping her mouth with a napkin, MacArthur gets fed up and pours the entire contents down her mouth. While watching Devin drink the stew, Carrie admires him from afar and confesses to the audience that she is indeed in love with her childhood friend, but repents after she realizes that Devin's girlfriend might be watching her confession. Meanwhile, back to the other teams, Emma puts the blame of choosing the wrong spice on her sister, even though Emma was the one to choose the spices. While Owen is overcome by his stew's spice, he drinks a camel's drool, causing several other teams drinkers (and a camel) to almost puke in disgust. Chet also nearly vomits, but Lorenzo forces him to swallow it down. Although they get lost along the way, as well as Carrie spraining her ankle, Devin is able to carry her to the finish line, securing first place. Meanwhile, Sanders begins to cramp up, forcing MacArthur to carry her. Along the way, the Ice Dancers begin to catch up to the Cadets, but end up crashing into a tree. This gives the Cadets a temporary advantage and earns them second place, while the Ice Dancers earn third place. Much to Josee's frustration, she begins throwing a tantrum in the interview room.
As more and more teams reach the Chill Zone, the LARPers and the Vegans fall behind. Father and Son finally reach the restaurant in last place. Not wanting to be sent home, Dwayne quickly downs the stew in one gulp, but suffers from temporary blindness due to the spice, forcing his son to drag him to the finish line. As the last three teams race to the Chill Zone, the LARPers realize that the other two teams are catching up to them, and attempt to sabotage them by using "magic." Unfortunately for them, nothing happens and both the Vegans and Father and Son pass them. Due to this, the LARPers are the last team to arrive at the Chill Zone and are eliminated. Don soon after berates that there is no place for magic in the race, and it is for those who make an effort. The LARPers look at the positive side of their elimination, saying that although they could've done better, they got to try a lot of things they hadn't done before. Leonard adds that he wishes they didn't have to walk back home.
|Stephanie Anne Mills||Kitty|
- Crimson, Ennui, Gerry, Mary, and Pete appear, however, they have no dialogue. Though Crimson and Ennui are heard sighing, and Gerry and Pete scream and grunt when they are thrown off of their camel.
- The blonde intern from the Total Drama Aftermaths makes an appearance at Toronto's airport.
- Those who competed in the Botch or Watch are: Brody, Chet, Crimson, Devin, Dwayne, Emma, Jay, Josee, Kelly, Leonard, Mary, Miles, Owen, Pete, Ryan, Sanders, Spud and Tom.
- The five recommended spices that the teams were supposed to get were: Cumin, Cinnamon, Paprika, Saffron, and Ginger.
- Both of Emilie-Claire Barlow's characters this season (Ellody and Laurie) are seen reciting and choosing the same spices at the same time and even compliment each other.
- The LARPers' elimination in this episode is very similar to Leonard's own elimination in I Love You, Grease Pig!:
- Once again, Leonard gets eliminated in the second episode he participated.
- Like before Leonard lost by trying to use magic, slowing him down.
- After getting eliminated, Tammy tries to reverse time with a spell, much like Leonard did.
- Junior's speech of not wanting to lose early despite his dislike of being in the Race mirrors Gwen from Not So Happy Campers - Part 2.
- Owen mentions his time on Total Drama World Tour, stating that since then, he now owns a teddy bear named "Beary" in order to calm his fear of flying.
- Similar to the second episode of Total Drama World Tour, there is a "camel race" where one of the participants bonds with the camel on their side: Izzy in Total Drama World Tour; the Vegans in this episode.
- Botch or Watch challenges are the equivalent of Roadblocks from The Amazing Race.
- Leonard's line "a weaving of wizards and doppelgangers to rule them all" is a reference to Gandalf's "One Ring" monologue from Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring.
- This is the second time Leonard has parodied one of Gandalf's lines, which he also did in So, Uh This Is My Team?.
- Tammy's use of an ocarina to use magic is a reference to The Legend of Zelda video games, more notably in the fifth and sixth games of the series.
- When the second flight arrives, Rock's left boot is overlapping Taylor's right boot.
- When Carrie complains about the camels' smell, the outline on the top of her head is flat instead of a wavy line.
- When Josee and Jacques arrive at the Chill Zone, Josee's ponytail is lower than originally intended.
- The Cadets are not penalized even though MacArthur helps Sanders drinking the stew during the Botch or Watch.