|Season 5, Episode 5|
|First aired (CAN)||TBA|
|First aired (USA)||October 8, 2013|
|Challenge(s)||Make it to the finish line during the Blue Harvest Moon|
|Challenge reference||The Treasure Island of Dr. McLean|
|Reward(s)||The loser from the losing team; Staying a night at the eco-friendly McLean Spa Hotel|
|Exiled to Boney Island||Scott|
"No One Eggspects The Spanish Opposition"
During a rare Blue Harvest Moon, all of the wildlife is affected to become their opposite, turning into ravenous monsters that hunt the teams. Someone's condition takes over as a result, and they wreak havoc on their teammates, while another camper becomes suspicious. Meanwhile, one camper starts to warm up to another, as someone else tries to make amends. When someone expresses their interest in someone else, their partner promptly breaks up with them. One camper on the losing team volunteers for elimination in order to escape another's affections, but is instead switched to the other team.
The Heroic Hamsters are shown eating slop for dinner outside the cabin, while Duncan gags and Cameron complains. As Cameron walks down the stairs, Mal trips him from underneath. Mike suddenly returns and helps his friend, but when he attempts to give Cameron his glasses, they split in two. Zoey takes notice of this, while Sierra asks her if she's invisible. The latter is still distraught after the breaking of her cell phone, but happily goes back into the cabin as soon as Zoey acknowledges her.
Meanwhile, Alejandro and Heather argue at the McLean spa hotel. Alejandro's lack of interest is annoying Heather, who is flabbergasted when he calls her "typical." Alejandro reveals in the confessional that he is doing this in order to distract her. Outside, Courtney realizes that she is missing Scott, who is searching for the invincibility statue on Boney Island. Chef Hatchet airlifts him away, presumably before he actually finds anything, and drops him rather harshly at the starting line where Chris is about to announce the challenge. Courtney worries for him, but says that she is only interested in Scott as an "ally," although she calls him "cute, in a rustic kind of way."
Chris explains the "extremely dangerous nighttime challenge," which turns out to be a throwback to The Treasure Island of Dr. McLean. The contestants must race to the other side of the island, with the team with all of its members at the finish line first winning. Duncan remarks that it sounds easy, and Chris reveals that the full moon that night is a rare blue harvest moon which will cause all the island's animals to behave unusually. He gives the Villainous Vultures a map for winning the last challenge, and has Chef give bacon hats and sausage tails to the Heroic Hamsters before sending them off.
When Mike suggests to Cameron that they follow the Vultures since they have a map, his idea is quickly praised. Zoey then whispers to Cameron that Mike purposely broke his glasses. Cameron soon confronts Mike about this, even though Zoey had asked him not to. However, Cameron accepts Mike’s apology, and promises to help him should any problems arise with his personalities. While talking, he smashes into a tree, only to be saved by Sierra. Sierra again refers to him as Cody before pointing out the moon, which turns blue and sends out a ring that is shown to make normally gentle animals violent, and vice versa. Mike is also affected, at this point switching to Mal. He shows in the confessional that he can imitate Mike’s voice and hair without changing back, and intends to do this so as not to alert the others.
The Villainous Vultures meet up with an alligator, who confuses them by wagging its tail like a dog and seeming docile. Alejandro figures out that the moon has caused the animals to become their opposites. Heather compliments him on this and cuddles the alligator, seemingly affected by the moon as well. This sudden change shocks her teammates, particularly terrifying Alejandro, who shivers.
Birds fly at and attack Cameron, Sierra, and Duncan, and a gang of bunnies attacks and chases Scott. A duck with large teeth walks menacingly towards Zoey, its quacking imitating demonic laughter. Mike, still as Mal, convinces Cameron to ditch Sierra, though Cameron is concerned that it will hurt her feelings. He then convinces him to grab onto a stick with him so they won’t get separated, and runs off. The Villainous Vultures run along, though Scott is still being chased by bunnies and Heather stayed awhile cuddling the alligator. When she finally moves on, she prances around happily, which Gwen and Courtney joke about. They bond for a moment, calling Heather part-wolf before Courtney clears her throat to stop laughing, remembering that she has not yet forgiven Gwen.
Cameron, still holding the stick with Mike, talks about how Mike getting hit with a shovel may have triggered his inability to bring out his personalities. This annoys Mal, who stops suddenly so that Cameron trips over a rock, falls, and tumbles down a hill. Cameron doesn’t realize Mike is not himself, and attributes this to having "lost his footing." Here, an initially innocent looking bunny roars and a gang of them start to chase him. Sierra saves him and weaves a backpack with him in it to keep him safe, carrying him the rest of the way.
The Vultures come to a rope bridge. Gwen leaves (much to the disapproval of her teammates) because she believes it will break. Scott sprints across, screaming, and smiles proudly at his accomplishment. However, a beaver chews through half the rope, leaving only the side to cross on. They do so, and when Heather almost falls, Alejandro catches her. Heather then reverts back to normal, revealing that she had been pretending to be affected the whole time to throw off Alejandro and get him to show he cared.
Duncan and Gwen, each being chased by animals, run into each other. Duncan saves them both by using his sausage tail as bait to lure them away, but the two are not together for long. He angers her by asking about Courtney, specifically, what she has been saying about him since the team swap. She retaliates and walks away. Gwen is then shown in the confessional, labeling his "obsession" with his ex-girlfriend "so uncool it burns."
The Heroic Hamsters arrive at the now-broken bridge, and Zoey once again becomes suspicious of Mike lying when he says that a bear chased him. Sierra comes up with the idea to swing them all over on a rope, and though they all smash into a tree on the other side, they are able to climb up and get close to the finish line around the same time as the Vultures. Believing her team will lose because of Gwen, Courtney screams into the forest angrily, before a deer viciously threatens her. Gwen shows up with enough time to grab a stick and shove it against the animal's mouth. After some small talk and the stick breaking, the moon reverts back to normal, as well as all the wildlife and Mike. In his confusion, he stands still, letting Gwen and Courtney cross the finish line. The Villainous Vultures claim another win.
At the elimination ceremony, Gwen wishes aloud that she were a Heroic Hamster. Duncan comforts her and kisses her cheek, but asks excitedly if Courtney was watching. This angers Gwen, who then pushes him away and breaks up with him. Scott volunteers for exile, to Courtney’s dismay, as Cameron volunteers for elimination, to Sierra's dismay. Chris then announces the surprise he had in mind, which was to reward the winning team with the eliminated member of the losing team. Thus, Cameron joins the villains, who stare him down as he tries a friendly introduction. Chris signs off the episode shortly afterwards.
- Chef Hatchet appeared, but had no dialogue.
- An intern can be heard screaming, but it is unknown who voiced him.
- This marks the first time since exile duty was introduced that a contestant has gone to Boney Island twice.
- With Duncan and Gwen breaking up, Lindsay and Tyler are the only couple from the original cast that have yet to break up at any point in the series.
- This episode's challenge is a reference to the treasure hunt from The Treasure Island of Dr. McLean.
- This is the second time in a row where a member of the losing team volunteers for elimination, but is instead simply switched to the other team, the first being Brick in Finders Creepers.
- Both instances involved a male contestant who debuted in Total Drama: Revenge of the Island.
- Both times were also in the horror themed challenges
- Sierra is seen weaving in this episode, the third time in the series she has done so. She previously revealed to be extremely skilled at the craft in Walk Like An Egyptian - Part 2, and once again in Rapa Phooey!.
- Gwen once again explains the common clichés and scenes occurring in a horror movie. The first time being in Hook, Line, and Screamer
- This is the fifth horror-themed challenge of the series, which continues the trend of each season having a horror-themed challenge.
- This is the only horror-themed episode of the series in which a couple do not share a mutual kiss.
- Izzy and Owen made out in Hook, Line, and Screamer and The Sand Witch Project.
- Duncan and Heather also kissed in The Sand Witch Project, though, unlike the others, not willingly.
- Duncan and Gwen kissed in the confessional in I See London....
- Anne Maria and Mike (as Vito) made out in Finders Creepers.
- Sierra placed Cameron in a carrier in a similar fashion to the way she did Cody in African Lying Safari.
- Both of Gwen's break-ups happened in the fifth episode of a season. The first with her and Trent happened in 3:10 To Crazy Town. The second one with Duncan and her happened in this episode, the fifth episode of Total Drama All-Stars.
- When Chris, from the control tent, signs off the show for the commercial break, the horror figure Slender Man can be seen on the far left monitor behind him, a reference to the character created by Eric Knudsen under the user name Victor Surge on the Something Awful forums.
- The bunnies on the island becoming wild and ferocious is a reference to the 1972 horror film Night of the Lepus. They can also be a reference to the Killer Rabbit from Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- When the Heroic Hamsters are about to reach the other side of the bridge with a liana, Mal's dark circles around his eyes are missing.
- The side of which Zoey's flower is on changes throughout the episode.
- The watch on Chris's hand disappears or appears throughout the episode.
- Some of the sausage tails disappear and reappear throughout the episode.
- When the Hamsters are in the confessional, they are not wearing their bacon hats and sausage tails.
- In the previous episode, Sierra fixed her broken phone for "emergency repairs," but in this episode, her phone is still broken.