|Million Dollar Babies|
|Season 2, Episode 15|
|First aired (CAN)||September 24, 2009|
|First aired (USA)||September 13, 2009|
|Challenge(s)||Compete in sports challenges, cheer-leading competition.|
"One Million Bucks, B.C."
"Dial M for Merger"
The final eight compete in sports-themed challenges. One's infatuation with a mysterious love, combined with another's new rules and conditions, causes a small problem to arise between one cast member and the other seven, revealing a foreshadow. However, after an accepted apology, a different person gets sent home instead.
The episode opens with Harold, Duncan, and Justin waking up to Chris' trumpet, alert, dazed and confused. Beth walks out of the girls' trailer "sleep-twirling" Courtney's personal digital assistant. Courtney is horrified and dives to get it after Beth throws it, yelling at her enough to wake her up properly.The contestants find out that they are eating pasta for breakfast and that they will be competing in a sports-themed challenge.
Chris brings the cast to a football field and puts them through a variety of training exercises. First, the Screaming Gaffers must push Chef across the field like a football dummy. Heather refuses to help, but Leshawna forcefully tells her to put effort into it. Duncan sides with Leshawna, which she happily interprets as the first step in repairing the damage done by the spa incident. When Chef badmouths the Gaffers one too many times, Leshawna gets so furious that she charges at Chef with significant force and manages to knock him down all by herself. Next, the Grips have to run through tires, made more difficult by the fact that the tires are too small for their feet and have mousetraps planted inside them. For the final exercise, both teams have to crawl through mud under barbed wire. Courtney thinks this is somewhat over-the-top, but Chris explains that he wanted to reuse some props from the war-themed challenge. With the obstacle course completed, the teams are wondering who won, but Chris tells them that the obstacle course wasn't their challenge, rather a simple test to determine their rankings. He explains that the real challenge will be four sporting events, with members of each team facing off based on their seedings.Harold and Lindsay are seeded fourth, so they are pinned against each other in boxing, using marshmallow gloves. Chris then tells them that in true boxing style, they will have to fight in slow-motion. Despite this, Lindsay fights at a normal speed, but Harold fights in slow-motion, awing Leshawna. Lindsay easily blocks Harold's slow-motion jab and takes a bite of his glove, since the marshmallows are real. Courtney begins yelling at Lindsay and doesn't notice that her PDA has fallen out of her pocket. Beth notices this, and decides to borrow it so she can write an e-mail to Brady. However, while browsing the Internet, she finds something that shocks her. Lindsay knocks Harold out after he is distracted by Leshawna's support. However, Harold wins due to his use of slow-motion. Chris also docked Lindsay for biting Harold's glove, angering her. The next challenge pits Beth against Heather in a game of badminton. Before the challenge, Chris mentions his role in a movie about badminton after Justin refuses to believe that any badminton movies exist as he believes "that would be seriously lame." Heather begins pummeling Beth, and it looks as though all hope is lost for the Grips. The Gaffers start trash-talking Beth, and Leshawna tells her that her "chances of winning are about as real as your boyfriend." Her comment sparks fury in Beth, and she transfers her anger to the game, easily defeating Heather. Leshawna again tells Beth that her boyfriend doesn't exist, and Beth retaliates by revealing that she saw a video on Courtney's PDA of Leshawna saying bad things about all of the other contestants on her way to the spa to her cousin, Leshaniqua. They then play the tape, and everyone else is angered by Leshawna's mean comments, except Heather, who says that she does the same thing, and wonders why everyone is so angry.
In the next challenge, Duncan was matched up against Courtney in Greco-Roman wrestling (which had to take place in a kiddie ball pit, thanks to Chris). Duncan revealed in a confessional prior to the match that he wasn't going to throw the challenge to let Courtney win, mainly because he didn't want to duplicate what ultimately happened to Trent and Gwen's relationship. However, Duncan still had trouble against Courtney due to her athleticism and determination. After a lost toddler calls him "Momma," Duncan claims he lost to Courtney due to the distraction, despite his attempts to compete normally. Courtney is seen to be very proud of her victory.
Leshawna was put up against Justin in a "slam dunk" challenge, much to Leshawna's dismay. She didn't want to play for her teammates, much less the camera. Justin's slam dunk included humiliating the Gaffers, by butt-bumping Leshawna, dribbling under Duncan's legs (hitting Harold in the chest), and stealing Heather's wig and putting it on the basketball, before dunking it. Leshawna returned the wig to its rightful place, on Heather's head. Leshawna's slam dunk was much simpler. She threw the ball at Justin's chest, tossing him into the trampoline. He bounced and landed in the basket, bruised and scarred. Chris gave the point to Leshawna, and with each team now having scored two points, Chris lead them to a tie-breaker.
The tie-breaker was a cheer leading competition, which each team coming up with someone to cheer for. The Killer Grips began planning immediately, but the Gaffers had more trouble, not deciding who they'd cheer for, despite Harold's suggestion of Norbert Swindlow, or Heather's suggestion of herself. When Chris announced time, and that the Gaffers were up, Leshawna improvised a cheer about the other contestants, as a way of apologizing. The apology was well-accepted, and she was liked once again. The Grips won the challenge, however, as they cheered for Chris, who was the judge of the challenge.
At the Gilded Chris Ceremony, Chris reviews everyone's reason for possibly going home. He then says that Harold is the only one who might be safe, and gives him the first Gilded Chris Award to prevent him from giving a speech. Chris then tosses an award to Duncan, mockingly calling him "Diaper Shark." Heather is voted off instead of Leshawna, as Duncan and Harold liked Leshawna's apology. At the end of the episode, Leshawna walks Heather to the Lame-o-sine, telling her she can consider themselves friends. Heather then gives Leshawna her wig from the past episode as a farewell gift, so that Leshawna can use it when her real hair looks "as bad as it does today."
Heather suprisingly isn't mad at her elimination like last time, stating that she can now have the time to to grow her hair back. She mention with her father being cheap, she might ended up having a pony tail. Heather then come up of a plan to cut her mother's hair while she is asleep and claim it as her own as her mother's hair has a nice volume. She ends the video saying the possibilities of how she will get a new set of hair are endless now that the show is over for her.
|Clé Bennett||Chef Hatchet|
|Stephanie Anne Mills||Lindsay|
- As of Heather's elimination, none of the final three from last season are still in the competition (until Owen returns in Rock n' Rule).
- Leshawna was revealed to have insulted all of the other contestants on the show, while she was riding to the spa:
- Heather: "Just mean for the sake of being mean."
- Lindsay: "Has half a brain cell, max that's usually gone out shopping."
- Justin: Has a "giant ego."
- Duncan: "Likes to think he's a bad boy," but "when Courtney was there, she dragged him around by his eyebrow ring."
- Beth: "Actually wears a side ponytail."
- Harold: Is "sweet on" Leshawna, but "is getting as much play as an old school cassette tape in a world of MP3s."
- Duncan and Harold are the third pair to use the confessional together this season, sixth time overall. The first pair was Katie and Sadie in The Sucky Outdoors. The second pair was Chris and Chef in Camp Castaways. The third pair was Heather and Owen in Trial by Tri-Armed Triathlon. The fourth pair was Geoff and Bridgette in Monster Cash, and the fifth pair was Lindsay and Beth in Alien Resurr-eggtion. One may also count DJ and Chef Hatchet in The Aftermath: II.
- The little kid that comes out in the ball pit was also briefly seen in Wawanakwa Gone Wild!.
- Technically, this is the second time Heather has lost her hair after being eliminated. In I Triple Dog Dare You!, she loses her hair, and in this episode, she willingly gives away her wig.
- This is the second episode of the season with a title that references the million dollars. The first is One Million Bucks, B.C..
- This is the third episode to air in the USA before it aired in Canada. The others are TDI Rundown (because it was only shown in the USA) and One Million Bucks, B.C..
- This episode also marks the first real time (out of three) a Screaming Gaffer is voted off (as Gwen orchestrated her own elimination in The Chefshank Redemption, and DJ quit the game in The Sand Witch Project).
- This is the very first episode in the series in which Owen does not appear, is not mentioned, and does not have any lines.
- This is the second challenge in a row where the contestants were paired up for part of the challenge:
- This is also the second challenge in a row where Duncan and Courtney and Heather and Beth were paired together.
- This also happens to be the second time in a row where Beth defeated Heather in a challenge. The first is in One Million Bucks, B.C..
- This is also the second time in a row where Courtney defeated Duncan in a challenge. The other is in the episode before.
- This is the first episode in which Courtney is seen in her pajamas.
- This is the second episode where part of Chris' chest is seen. The first is One Million Bucks, B.C..
- This is the first episode to use props from a previous episode; the barbed wire.
- Mutiny on the Soundstage is the only other episode to reuse props from a previous episode.
- This is the first time a team is reduced to only three members, a record that is not be broken until Slap Slap Revolution.
- Leshawna compares Duncan and Beth, saying that they are like a pair. Coincidentally, the both of them are the final two of Total Drama Action.
- Courtney states that her "heart can't be swayed by just any tattooed bad boy," implying that Duncan may have a tattoo.
- This episode's title is a reference to the 2004 sports drama movie, Million Dollar Baby.
- In this episode, Chris is revealed to have starred in a movie about badminton, in which he played a main character named "Flipper." The nickname and the speech about "winning one for the flipper" is a parody of a similar speech done by "George 'The Gipper' Gipp" (played by future US president Ronald Reagan) in Knute Rockne, All American.
- Harold refers to Leshawna as a Benedict Arnold, the name of a traitor during the American Revolution.
- Leshawna refers to BOGO Day, a Payless Shoestore sales event, when she talks about Duncan siding with her.
- Chris calls Lindsay "Miss Tyson" after biting Harold's marshmallow. This is an indirect reference to Mike Tyson, the boxer, who was also known for a well-publicized biting incident.
- At the beginning of the episode, the cast is hit with spaghetti and sauce gets on their pajamas, but seconds later, the stains disappear.
- At the end of the episode, Harold mentions Leshawna calling him "deluded" when, it was actually Chris who called him "deluded" during the boxing challenge. Leshawna has never called him deluded on-screen.
- There are several instances in the episode where Lindsay's eyes are a much paler, lighter blue than usual.
- When Leshawna cheers for Harold, Harold's hand vanishes for a moment.
- When Duncan says to the person who laughed at him if it is funny to him, the piercings around his eyes, the one on his nose, and one of his earrings on his left ear are all missing.
- When Courtney shows everyone Leshawna's rants about the contestants, Leshawna is sitting on the left side and Leshaniqua on the right. However, in One Flu Over the Cuckoos, Leshawna was on the right and Leshaniqua was on the left.
- This could have happened while they were coming back to the lot.