The teams travel to the south of France where they must fight sharks and build sandcastles, before racing to their next stop in Iceland. Someone tries hard to prove himself to another and succeeds, even though they end up penalized from taking total victory giving it to another team. While a duo with tiny brains go through much to survive, a duo with the biggest brains take too long to calculate their means and end up stranded in defeat.
The episode begins with Ice Dancers arriving at the start of the leg trying to depart first, even though the Police Cadets came in first place last episode. After a scolding from both Don and the Cadets, MacArthur vows to keep a closer eye on the Ice Dancers as she does not trust them. For the challenge, teams must take a train to Calanque de Maubois, where they can find their next tip. As the first few teams depart, the Best Friends' tip is stolen by a mime, from whom Devin tries to take it back from. Meanwhile, Junior falls in love with Carrie, and tries to get her attention. However, his efforts to talk to her are ruined by his father who barges in with his own greeting. The Police Cadets have trouble getting a taxi, so MacArthur takes advantage of her police badge to hijack one, allowing them to reach the train station in time. As more teams find a way to get to the train station, the Father and Son fall behind due to Dwayne's lack of energy, but they are still among the first five teams to make it to the train station.
The Geniuses are relieved at the chance of getting to use their knowledge of urban maps to navigate their way to the train station, believing that it'll help them gain a lead in the challenge. While the other teams wait at the train station, the first train arrives and the contestants must compete in a "Botch or Watch," in which they must get their tip from the dorsal fin of a shark. Although most of the teams are nervous about having to compete, Brody is excited about the challenge, believing that being a great swimmer will help him in the challenge. However, he is unable to collect the Travel Tip due to being chased by the shark. The Ice Dancers gain a lead due to Josee's exceptional swimming skills, as train two arrives with four more teams. The Fashion Bloggers take a detour route and arrive via a yacht owned by the Prince of Monaco. The teams must now build a sand replica of the Palace of Versaille, which will be judged by Sandy McCastles (a name which Don thinks isn't his real one), a sand castle making pro, who will give them their next tip.
More teams manage to get their tip using unorthodox methods, such as the Geniuses, who use their intellect to retrieve the tip from the sharks. In the confessional, the Geniuses explain the science behind using a magnet, and Don cuts them off due to their boring explanation. Crimson scares another to surrender its travel tip to her. Only Brody continues to be chased by one of the sharks, pushing the Surfers back as the final teams arrive. The teams begin making their sand replicas with different strategies with the Police Cadets believing it should be big and Emma deciding to go with their example and the Geniuses think that excessive planning must be used, making them fall behind. Meanwhile, the Vegans decide to start a preservation fund for sharks, but Miles immediately changes her mind after getting mauled by one.
Father and Son are the first to complete their sand castle and must now take a speedboat to Iceland where Don awaits them at the next Chill Zone. More teams continue to finish their sand castles as the Surfers start working on theirs. The Geniuses also fall behind as their plans they made for their sandcastle get washed away by the wave, and they are unable to build it without a reference. Along the way to the Iceland, the Best Friend's boat suffers a motor problem, delaying them. Father and Son are the first to arrive but receive a twenty-minute penalty because Dwayne read the tip before he reached the shore, this allows the Ice Dancers to take first place. The Fashion Bloggers arrive in second but also receive a penalty as they didn't take a train to the beach. As more teams arrive at the Chill Zone, it is now down to the final three teams; the Geniuses, Surfers, and Best Friends. Although the Surfer Dudes' speedboat breaks down, Brody is able to get it moving again by holding some wiring in the faulty motor, although as a result he gets continuously electrocuted. The Surfers believe that they are the last team to arrive and accept their defeat, only for Don to announce that they aren't, much to their relief. Back at the beach, the Geniuses are still trying to build their sand castle until Don arrives via helicopter to announce their elimination. The Geniuses accept their defeat and leave with Ellody making a joke about how "science isn't everything," followed by laughter from both Geniuses.
|Emilie Claire Barlow||Ellody|
|Stephanie Anne Mills||Kitty|
- Crimson, Ennui, Jay, Josee, Kelly, Laurie, Mickey, Noah, Ryan, Spud, and Taylor appear, but they do not speak; however, Laurie is heard gasping, while Mickey and Noah can be heard screaming.
- Those who do the Botch or Watch are: Devin, Brody, Sanders, Josee, Dwayne, Chet, Ryan, Tom, Mary, Rock, Crimson, Owen, Emma, and Miles.
- The Geniuses are the first team to be eliminated without checking in at the Chill Zone, as they fall too far behind the other teams. This will later happen again in I Love Ridonc & Roll and Got Venom.
- The mathematical calculations of Mary and Ellody on the beach are the same as Brainzilla's from Jamaica Me Sweat and Cameron's from Brain vs. Brawn: The Ultimate Showdown.
- This is the first, and currently the only, instance in Total Drama Presents: The Ridonculous Race in which more than one team earn a penalty in the same episode.
- Chet mentions swallowing his own vomit and Lorenzo drawing a caricature from None Down, Eighteen to Go - Part 2 and French is an Eiffel Language respectively in the Botch or Watch challenges.
- The seagull with the plastic net stuck on its neck from Total Drama appears.
- The title is a reference to the Bob Dylan song Subterranean Homesick Blues.
- Don reenacts the Coppertone logo when his swimsuit is grabbed by a crab.
- MacArthur's improbable parking skills are likely a reference to a scene from The Blues Brothers. This is further backed up by her mentioning that she once saw this being performed in a movie.
- MacDonnell's, as mentioned by Dwayne while trying to bribe Don with coupons, is a parody of fast food chain restaurant McDonald's.
- The Rockers get their first Travel Tip before the Sisters, even though Rockers ranked fifteenth place and Sisters ranked tenth place in the previous episode.
- When Chet is reunited with Lorenzo after the two chose two different means of transport, Lorenzo is standing in front of a poster with Arc de Triomphe on it. However, once there's a close-up on Lorenzo, he is standing in front of a wall, with the poster he is watching being next to him, off-screen.
- In the next scene, Chet's facial hair is missing.
- After Josee gets her Travel Tip, her hair is dry, even despite she was underwater for a brief moment.
- The Sisters are building their sand castle when they are first seen at the beach. However, a later scene shows Emma taking the Botch or Watch challenge.
- When Ellody complains to Mary that she can't improvise, part of her hair is briefly not attached to her.
- When the Ice Dancers are celebrating coming in first, they are back on the beach in Calanque de Maubois.
- Father and Son and Fashion Bloggers' penalties end at the same time, even though Fashion Bloggers got theirs later and both of their penalties were twenty minutes long.
- When the Stepbrothers fight over who gets to drive the speedboat, they have each other’s voices.