Leonard was a contestant on Total Drama: Pahkitew Island, as a member of the Waneyihtam Maskwak. He was also a competitor on Total Drama Presents: The Ridonculous Race, as a member of The LARPers, with Tammy.
Leonard is a passionate LARPer (Live Action Role Player). He dresses like a wizard and believes he has magic powers. This becomes the theme of his team when he competes in Total Drama Presents: The Ridonculous Race. He always carries around his spell book, chanting a spell whenever something goes awry. Like many Total Drama contestants, Leonard seems to mean well, but his mind is not in the right place at the appropriate times. He is very passionate about his wizardry and persists on his spells no matter how ineffective they are.
Leonard, along with the rest of the new cast, debuts in So, Uh This Is My Team?. Leonard believes he is a real wizard, claiming that he can cast a spell on Dave. After having to jump out of the zeppelin, Leonard's parachute fails to work and he pulls out a spell book to look for a spell that allows him to fly. Shortly after, he believes that he had succeeded which in actuality he was caught by Jasmine. He is then placed on Waneyihtam Maskwak with the other six contestants who didn't have actual parachutes. Leonard performs poorly in the challenge, failing to retrieve any building materials and suggest that his team should build a wizard tower, with Ella, Sugar, and Beardo supporting his idea. Despite Dave's protests, they end up creating and completing the tower. The tower however falls and tumbles as a stampede of moose appear. Because of his poor suggestion, Leonard ends up in the bottom two at the elimination ceremony but receives the final marshmallow of the night.
Leonard again performs poorly in I Love You, Grease Pig! where he is chosen by Sugar to compete in the last part of the challenge. Leonard attempts to cast a levitation spell on the pig and believes that his spell isn't working because Dave doesn't believe in him which made Dave frustrated at him. This gives Jasmine enough time to beat him, making the team lose for the second time in a row. With the exception of Sugar, with the majority of the team votes off Leonard that night. Leonard is shocked to find out that he is eliminated and attempts to reverse time before being picked up by Chef Hatchet. Leonard again tries to cast many lethal spells before being shot out of the Cannon of Shame, where only Sugar is sad to see him go.
He is mentioned again in the last three episodes of the season. He was first mentioned as "that wizard kid" by Chris in Sky Fall, saying that he misses him, then shouts "force field," as a reference to the first episode. In Pahk'd With Talent, as Sugar is eliminated, she makes one last shout-out to Leonard, saying "I'm coming, wizard!" Finally, in Lies, Cries and One Big Prize, when Shawn is considering who his helper will be, he mentions that a person with a good physical ability is a good ally and says he would be fine with "anyone but Leonard", after listing every character.
Leonard quickly gets over his defeat on Total Drama: Pahkitew Island and joins another reality show, The Ridonculous Race, this time with his classmate and fellow LARPer, Tammy, as his partner. He believes that with her help, their victory is guaranteed. Unfortunately, Leonard has not learned his lesson from his previous defeat and still believes he is a wizard with real magic powers. His unusual behavior even makes Owen steer clear of him in None Down, Eighteen to Go - Part 1.
While Leonard seems to have gotten more strategic by attempting to form alliances with multiple teams, just like before, Leonard's belief in his powers causes his defeat in None Down, Eighteen to Go - Part 2. They are slowed down after attempting to use "dragon coins" as money, and despite being ahead of the last two teams, he and Tammy decide to slow the others down. They attempt to cast a magic spell, but nothing happens as they are overtaken and lose the Race. Despite this and Don berating them for their "use" of magic, Leonard remains positive and explains that joining the Race allowed him to do many things he couldn't before.
Leonard and Tammy appear in A Million Ways to Lose a Million Dollars with the other eliminated contestants, watching the final outcome of the Race. After the winner is declared, he joins the others in the final group shot.
- View this video for Leonard's audition tape.
Leonard talks about how he'd be a good contestant because he has taken down vampires and demons from other dimensions. He is interrupted by a call from his friend Timmy and tells him how he can't come over because he's making a video, his unicycle was stolen, and he can't walk because it's raining and his cape is made of paper.
- Leonard is one of six characters known to roleplay. The others are Harold, Noah, Sam, Sierra, and Tammy.
- Leonard, along with B, Cameron, Chef Hatchet, Justin, Lightning, and Ryan are the only males to have prominent lips.
- Much like Ezekiel, Leonard was eliminated in the second episode both times he competed. This makes him one of four contestants to be eliminated in an episode of the same number.
- Both were eliminated in the second part of the two-part premiere of a show.
- Both also ranked eighteenth in a season of both shows where the theme involves traveling around the world.
- He is tied with Blaineley for the second-lowest amount of participation overall in the Total Drama (both ahead of Staci and Beardo) with two episodes each.
- The LARPers have the lowest amount of participation episodes in the Ridonculous Race; having competed in only two episodes.
- Leonard is the first contestant from the third cast of Total Drama to meet a contestant from the first cast.
- Leonard is the second character to wear a one-piece outfit (in his case, wizard robes), the first being Blaineley.
- Though his feet are covered by his cloak most of the time, it can be seen on several occasions, even in his rotation sheet, that he wears navy blue shoes.
- According to Re:Fresh blogs he is based on Christopher Mintz-Plasse's character Augie Farcques from Role Models.
- Leonard is frequently shown quoting Gandalf or saying a variant of his lines.
- Many of Leonard's spell incantations reference spells appearing in Harry Potter.
|Eliminated from Total Drama: Pahkitew Island|
|Beardo||I Love You, Grease Pig!||Amy|
|Eliminated from Total Drama Presents: The Ridonculous Race|
|N/A||None Down, Eighteen to Go - Part 2 with Tammy||Gerry and Pete|
|Waneyihtam Maskwak teammates|
|Beardo | Dave | Ella | Leonard | Max | Shawn | Sky | Sugar|