Katie was a camper on Total Drama Island, and was a member of the Screaming Gophers before switching to the Killer Bass. She does not compete in Total Drama Action or Total Drama World Tour, but appears on the Total Drama Aftermaths of both seasons as a commentator. She was seen with the original contestants on a yacht in the first episode of Total Drama: Revenge of the Island.
Katie is most notable for being Sadie's best friend. They do everything together, even wear the same outfits which Katie sews herself. Like Sadie, Katie is a sensitive, cheerful, and kind-hearted girl. She's boy-crazy and when she has grown attracted to someone, she (and Sadie) will fawn over him endlessly. Katie can be considered as the more passionate one between her and her best friend. Her biography states that she "thinks with her heart", in contrast to Sadie who "thinks with her head". This may imply that Sadie could be more logical, whereas Katie has stronger relationships than Sadie. She is shown to have a bad sense of direction, a flaw which produces tragic results. Sadie's label of "The Sweet Girl's Friend" may imply that Katie is more independent and capable of making decisions on her own. However, given her thinking habits, they don't always turn out to be wise.
When first arriving to the island in Not So Happy Campers - Part 1, Katie arrives with Sadie. Katie notices that the campers will be living at a summer camp and becomes very excited, along with Sadie. Before Chris announces the teams, Katie and Sadie tell Chris that they have to live together, implying they need to be on the same team. However, Katie is put on the Screaming Gophers, much to the girls' dismay. In the second part of the pilot, Katie and Sadie beg Chris to allow Katie to switch from the Gophers to the Killer Bass. Izzy volunteers to switch places with Katie, and Chris allows it. The two then jump off the cliff together, both now a part of the Killer Bass. Later, when both girls have to go to the bathroom, they notice something feels itchy. This itch turns out to be poison ivy, which ends up stalling their team and later leads to their loss in the final challenge.
In The Big Sleep, Katie makes minor appearances but is not seen to be a strong competitor. She (and Sadie) are one of the first to fall asleep in the challenge. In the talent show, their teammates instantly rejects the both of them partaking in the talent show. The one and only challenge where Katie is a major help in Dodgebrawl, as she is the only person to play in every round of the dodge ball challenge. With her help, the Killer Bass win their first challenge.
In the following episode, Katie and Sadie notice some blueberries along the path in the forest and ramble about how much they love blueberries. This causes them to get distracted and lose their team. While attempting to find their teammates, Katie and Sadie start to argue after the latter accuses Katie of her bad sense of direction, causing them to lose the challenge. They start to argue about who's better at which. But when they hear sounds, the two stumble into a cave. They stay overnight and run back to camp, costing their team the win and Katie was eliminated. She gives Sadie some words of encouragement before she leaves, leading to a sad departure between her and her best friend.
Katie's reappears in a cameo during Who Can You Trust?, where she waits for Sadie on the Boat of Losers, who had just been eliminated. The two are very excited to be reunited, where the girls proceed to squeal and embrace each other in excitement. In Haute Camp-ture, Katie and Sadie are seen drinking milkshakes with Noah at the bar. Katie later freaks out when Izzy bites Sadie. Later, the two reminisce about their time together on the show, focusing on their major fight and being split apart. Katie (and Sadie) are the first two to accidentally vote off Leshawna.
In Total Drama, Drama, Drama, Drama Island, Katie and Sadie team up to search for the million dollars along with Justin. However, Justin later abandons them due to their talkative nature, which they do not even realize. After getting into another feud with each other, the two manage to get onto the diving board. However, the two fell off into the tub below and didn't make it to the dock in time. Katie seems fine about not making it into Total Drama Action and watching it on the sidelines in the aftermaths.
Katie appears as a guest in The Aftermath: I, a sideshow hosted by Bridgette and Geoff. When given the opportunity to speak of their opinion on the breakup of Gwen and Trent, Sadie and Katie took Trent's side and even volunteer to be his new girlfriend, though he doesn't appear to be interested in either of them. Nonetheless, Sadie and Katie remain consistently sympathetic towards him. Katie tells Geoff and Bridgette that every time she thinks about Trent, she throws up in her mouth and Sadie admits the same. When debating about whether Heather kissed Trent or whether they kissed at the same time, the two best friends had their third fight (shown on the series), but when Trent explains where his number Nine obsession came from, they quickly make up.
In The Aftermath: II, it is revealed that Katie and Sadie have started a Trent Fan Club/Anti-Gwen Club. It seems that both her and Sadie have developed a new major crush on Trent and a hatred for Gwen due to Gwen breaking up with him. They spent most of the episode flirting with him instead of answering questions.
In Celebrity Manhunt's Total Drama Action Reunion Special, Katie and Sadie seem to have resolved their conflict with Gwen and are now friendly with her. They served as her assistants for her web show due to Leshawna not being able to although they were unwittingly more of an annoyance to Gwen. Nonetheless, they wore green colors of their regular clothing at the Gemmie Awards in support of "going green" for Gwen. Because they were part of the search party that went to get help after the bus crashed, she didn't qualify for the next season and have to watch from the sidelines again.
In Aftermath: Bridgette Over Troubled Water, Katie returns as a commentator and is sitting with other commentators in the peanut gallery. She strongly hugs Trent as they remember they still have each other when Blaineley asks about not getting into the new season. Like all the other non-returning contestants, she seems happy not to be in this season. When it is revealed that Ezekiel is hiding on the plane, Katie thinks that he might be a ghost. This idea frightens Sadie, causing her to scream in terror. She is seen gushing over Trent, Justin and Harold singing the song Baby, along with Beth and Sadie, and even starts to fight with them over The Drama Brothers. During I'm Sorry, when Geoff reminds Bridgette of her actions in front of his friends, she looks at Sadie in sorrow, and when the song ends, she is seen crying with Sadie over how romantic it was.
Katie appears in Aftermath: Revenge of the Telethon, however, she does not play a very large role. She, along with the rest of the peanut gallery, which now includes Harold, are accepting calls for donations to fix the plane. At first, she is spending time talking to Sadie over the phone but later receives many calls throughout the various segments. She is also attacked by a panda bear when Blaineley releases the animals that DJ hurt over the course of the season. She, along with the rest of the peanut gallery, is tied up above the shark tank, until Izzy causes the bomb to explode. Katie is then seen lying on the floor next to one of the sharks.
Katie appears in the peanut gallery again during Aftermath Aftermayhem. She catches a can of peanuts, but they are normal peanuts, so she doesn't receive a chance to enter the competition. She doesn't seem too irritated by this, and she doesn't do much throughout the rest of the episode.
Katie appears in Hawaiian Punch with the rest of the ex-contestants. She is still rooting for Alejandro but looks disappointed when he won the tie-breaker challenge. She is also seen at the end of the episode running to escape the island with the rest of the cast after Heather threw Alejandro's pineapple sacrifice in the volcano, causing it to erupt and is later seen swimming away from the island with the others. In Heather's ending, Katie is seen cheering when Heather wins the season, along with the one million dollar prize.
- View this video for Katie's audition tape.
Katie's audition tape functions as both her's and Sadie's. In it, Katie and Sadie are dancing, and Katie does a twirl that knocks over the camera. After Sadie turns the camera off to get it upright again, the two have a pillow fight, and Katie hits Sadie softly while Sadie hits Katie hard by accident, rendering her unconscious.
Katie was given a design that depicted her with a completely different hairstyle with roughly the same shirt (though sleeveless), but with Capri pants. Additionally, her outfit was not identical to Sadie's (what was also planned for the show). She is also shown to be drawn with a slightly larger chest. It is unknown if she and Sadie were best friends in the promo since neither of them was featured in it. Only her feet were shown in the showers. This prototype design is shown in Rock n' Rule, as one of the many cardboard photographers. In Jamaica Me Sweat, this promo design was featured as the first female intern ever seen in the series, serving Chris and Chef in the bobsled challenge.
- As seen in a Cartoon Network extra, Katie and Sadie have starred in a movie entitled "Mall Cop Force." This may be a parody of the movie Mall Cop.
- Katie is one of only eleven contestants to switch teams (as well as one of the first two to do so), the others being Izzy, Sierra, Brick, Scott, Jo, Duncan, Courtney, Cameron, Max, and Sky.
- Katie is one of the contestants of the original cast to switch with someone in order to be on the opposite team, the others include Sierra, Max, Sky, Brick, Jo, Cameron, and Izzy.
- As a result, she is the only member of the original cast to not be on a team with Izzy.
- Sadie, Eva, and Katie are the only characters who are aftermath commentators in two seasons.
- Katie and Sadie were the first pair to know each other before they came on the show. The second being Amy and Samey.
- This is unless one counts Alejandro and Sierra interacting with the contestants before officially competing.
- Duncan also knew Mike from juvenile detention, although it seems this was not mutual, as Duncan said he "steered way clear of him."
- In Katie's biography, she and Sadie had a summer job before entering the Total Drama series; selling their self-made ice cream at a pier. They are the only characters other than Bridgette, Gwen, Courtney, Shawn, and Noah that are known to have had an occupation prior to Total Drama.
- According to her biography for Total Drama Island, Katie sewed her and Sadie's outfits.
- This makes her the first known competitor to sew her own clothing. The second is Zoey.
- Katie, along with Sadie, Eva, and Blaineley, is one of the only contestants from the first three seasons that has competed on only one season.
- Katie, Sadie, and Eva all didn't make the next three seasons in which their generation competed, whereas Blaineley was introduced and competed only in Total Drama World Tour.
- Katie is one of five contestants to have competed in only one season, yet be on two teams, the others being Brick, Dakota, Max, and Sky.
- Katie was the first female to ever receive a symbol of immunity. In her case, it was a marshmallow. Ironically, she is the lowest-ranking female in Total Drama Island, and the entire series, due to Eva's return.
- Katie has gone the longest of any contestant in Total Drama history without competing, as she was eliminated in the sixth episode of Total Drama Island, and has not competed since.
- Katie, along with Sadie, Tyler, Ezekiel, and Noah, are the only original contestants to never make it to the merge at any point in the series.
- Excluding the second and third generation cast, Katie and Blaineley are the only contestants in Total Drama history to never get a "Best of" video after their elimination.
- Katie is the first competitor in the series to return to the show after their elimination for reasons other than a second chance, doing so in Who Can You Trust? to greet Sadie after the latter's elimination.
- In Haute Camp-ture, it is revealed that Katie and Sadie are from Toronto, Ontario, making them the two of the only few contestants to have their hometown revealed.
- Katie and Sadie have two audition tapes which feature no spoken lines at all.
- In The Sucky Outdoors, it is revealed that Katie only signed up to be on the show because Sadie was picked. This completely contradicts Sadie's biography, which says that she auditioned because Katie did.
- However, Sadie may have just said this to anger Katie, as the two were arguing at the time.
- The most popular flavor of ice cream at Katie and Sadie's self-made ice cream shop at the pier was Spumandi Laupar.
- Also stated in her biography is that Katie, along with Sadie, was raised in the small town of Twig Harbour.
|Eliminated from Total Drama Island|
|Justin||The Sucky Outdoors||Tyler|
|Screaming Gophers teammates|
|Beth | Cody | Gwen | Heather | Izzy | Justin | Katie | Leshawna | Lindsay | Noah | Owen | Trent|
|Killer Bass teammates|
|Bridgette | Courtney | DJ | Duncan | Eva | Ezekiel | Geoff | Harold | Izzy | Katie | Sadie | Tyler|