During some of the iciest challenges yet, a competitive contestant asserts herself as team leader while a cunning person continues to ruin his team's chances at winning. Meanwhile, an oddball grows fearful of his secret being discovered, and someone is framed by a villain. Ultimately, this brilliant contestant is thrown off the island while someone else returns as an intern.
PlotThe episode opens with the contestants eating their breakfast. Sam tries some of the gruel, but spits it out onto Scott's face. He tries to apologize, but Scott retaliates by throwing his bowl at Sam's face. Cameron is then seen choking over the fumes of Anne Maria's hairspray. She then apologizes and tells him that at least his lungs are waterproof now.
Next, Brick and Jo are seen competing to finish their food first, but Brick chokes on his spoon in the process. Jo then smacks him to dislodge the spoon, which hits Mike in the face and causes him to change into Chester. Zoey is amused by his "act", and Mike finally confesses in the confessional that he has multiple personality disorder but has trouble controlling it. Lightning is then shown choking on his gruel, and Dawn comes to save him. Lightning thanks Dawn for saving him, and Dawn responds by saying that she wasn't saving him, but a beetle that Lightning had accidentally swallowed.
Meanwhile Cameron sees a mouse crawl into the Main lodge, thinking its cute. However when he tries to touch it, the mouse levitates in the air with telekinetic powers, causing him and all of the contestants to run outside. Chris then announces the first part of their next challenge: to race up to Mt. Looming Tragedy. Once at the base of the mountain, Chris explains the challenge to the contestants: they must first climb up a mountain to the top while avoiding the ice blocks that Chef throws at them. The first to the top would get an advantage in part two of the challenge. Chris also states that the contestants could either climb with their hands or use whatever is in a pile of junk, guarded by a giant mutant beetle. Chef then blows his horn and everyone sets off.
When climbing up the cliff, we see that Cameron has trouble from the start, not being able to get a few feet off the ground. While Zoey is rescued from a breaking tree branch by Mike, they then are seen gazing into each other's eyes and smiling, until Jo interrupts their moment in order to yell at them to climb. Jo then tells Brick that her parents used to make her climb walls. Brick then replies that he also climbed in his sergeant boot camp, and that he dislocated his head while trying to get his obstacle course badge. He then tries to show Jo his head, but dislocates his arm as well.Meanwhile, Lightning is climbing the wall alongside Scott when Jo tells Lightning to be prepared to lose to a girl, again. Lightning once again didn't know what girl she was talking about, thinking Jo is still a boy. Back at the bottom of the cliff, Anne Maria hasn't even started on the challenge due to her nails. Also at the bottom is Dawn, who can't even reach the first rock, and Sam, who has slid back down the mountain and announced that he was done with this challenge. Dawn then reassures Sam by sensing that B has a plan.
Back on the top of the cliff, Lightning is still climbing, while knocking rocks over to slow down the Maggots, putting them at the base of the mountain once more. Then as B tries to start his plan, the mutant beetle breathes fire towards him. Dawn then goes to distract the beetle, when Sam takes a recorder, and plays badly, which made the beetle attack Sam, but also helped B continue with his project. The Maggots that are still at the bottom follow B's plan by digging through the junk pile.
Back at the top of the mountain, Chef spots Lightning almost at the top. Chris then signals Chef to start dropping ice blocks, which hit Lightning and Scott back down the mountain side, while Jo uses reverse psychology by angering Anne Maria, prompting her to climb the cliff in order to reach Jo. Mike, Zoey, and Cameron use items from the junk pile in order to help them climb. But it was too late as B had completed his couch rocket, allowing the Toxic Rats to get their team to the top first. Jo is angered because of this as she was the first one up the cliff, but with no team beside her.
The second challenge is a "Capture the Flag" type of challenge where each of the teams own an ice castle, and must destroy each others' castles, either by melting or by snowballs, in order to capture the other team's flag. The Rats get to pick their fort, either the poorly or greatly constructed fort, due to them winning the last challenge. Scott thought that a fort that looks good on the outside wasn't good on the inside resulting his team taking the bad fort, which turns out to be worse. Once inside, the teams assign members different roles according to what they will do in the challenge. Scott and Dawn are put in charge of catapulting snowballs, while Sam and Lightning went to go get the other team's flag, and B was off sculpting a melting device.
Jo and Mike were put in charge of snowballs, while Cameron held on to the flag, and Zoey, Brick, and Anne Maria went to the other fort. Sam ended up racing across the ice with Lightning, but accidentally cracks the surface of the ice and falls into the cold water, putting him in a block of ice. When Lightning tries to pull him out, he gets knocked out by a snowball. B's melting device begins melting the Maggots' fort as Jo tells Mike to do his Svetlana "act", who gets on the catapult and flies into the other team's fort. He then rises from the snow as a new personality known as Vito, who acts like a tough guy, which Anne Maria is attracted to, and gets the flag.
Scott realizes that the other team's fort was melting too fast and that the Rats would win before Mike could get out of the fort with the flag. His plan was to pick off his own team first, for the Maggots to have a false sense of security, he knocked the melting device to hit Sam, and reflect off him and back at the fort. Their fort melts immediately afterwards, causing the Maggots to win.
At the elimination ceremony, Scott sets up B in order for everyone to vote him off, but before Chris can reveal whether B or Sam would be sent to the Hurl of Shame, Dakota flies in on a glider. She confesses that she didn't need the money, but wanted more camera time. After her father calls Chris and offered an extravagant amount of money, she becomes an intern on the show, but does not compete for the million dollar prize. B is then voted off, given the Marshmallow of Toxic Loserdom and is launched out on the Hurl of Shame before he could ever actually speak. Chris then signs off for the episode.
|Athena Karkanis||Anne Maria|
- Dakota returns as an intern at the end of this episode, making her the only contestant in Total Drama history to become an intern of the show.
- One of Mike's alternate personalities, Vito, debuts in this episode.
- Mike admits that he has multiple personality disorder in this episode.
- This is the first and currently only episode where B's voice is heard; he screamed while being flung out of the Hurl of Shame.
- This is second episode of the series none of the original contestnats make any sort of appearance.
- This is the third episode in which the eliminated contestant has no lines, in this case, B. The other two were Justin in Not Quite Famous and Leshawna in Haute Camp-ture.
- This is the first episode of the season where a male contestant is voted off.
- This is the first time Scott directly causes a player's elimination.
- This is the fifth episode that involves challenges in the cold weather. The others are Beach Blanket Bogus, Anything Yukon Do, I Can Do Better, Slap Slap Revolution, and Sweden Sour.
- The music from No Pain, No Game, when the Wheel of Misfortune was spun, is heard when Chris gives out hot chocolate.
- The two contestants Scott says need to go end up being the next two contestants eliminated.
- This episode marks the beginning of the Mike, Zoey, and Anne Maria love triangle, as Anne Maria starts to become infatuated with Mike when he changes into another personality named Vito.
- After Dakota's return, Chris states that he hates when eliminated contestants become "clingy", a possible reference to Ezekiel and Sierra attempting to stay in the game after their eliminations in Total Drama World Tour.
- The title is a reference to the 1990 hip hop song of the same name, Ice Ice Baby, written by American rapper, Vanilla Ice.
- Dakota's last name was revealed to be Milton, which could be a reference to American socialite, actress, businesswoman, fashion designer, and musician, Paris Hilton.
- When Brick is competitively eating against Jo, the outline of his hair is missing around the outside of his head. It is also missing when he's bragging whilst climbing with Jo.
- When Scott was talking in the confessional about how he wants B to be gone, it shows a picture of the Mutant Maggots' logo in the corner.
- When Vito says "Let's rumble!", his hair appears to be longer in the back.
- When Dakota faces the camera for her close up, her cleft chin is missing.
- When Scott tells his team to pick the poor fort, the freckles on his body are missing.
- Zoey's hairstyle is reversed several times in this episode.