The three remaining campers participate in a series of dares that were made up by the eliminated campers. Two campers make a temporary alliance, to eliminate the most cutthroat player to leave the island without her hair and earn her long-waited comeuppance. Now, there are two campers left in the competition, but only one will win...
The episode opens with the remaining three campers, Heather, Gwen and Owen, being served an All-You-Can-Eat pancake breakfast and making several video journals in the confessional. Inside the main lodge, Owen is unsatisfied with the amount of pancakes he receives and reminds Chef that the breakfast is "all you can eat", causing an enraged Chef to bury him in pancakes, much to Owen's amusement.
After breakfast, the campers meet Chris and Chef Hatchet - dressed in a sheer pink dress and matching pink chef's hat - at the outdoor auditorium. Chris tells them that the producers ran out of ideas for challenges so they requested dares from the eliminated campers. He then shows a giant bottle attached to a wheel with pictures of all the other campers for a high stakes game of "I Triple Dog Dare You". Each camper will spin the bottle and the camper it lands on determines the dare; the spinner can complete the dare themselves and win a "get out of dare freebie" in the form of an empty soda bottle or they can pass the dare to someone else. Chris mentions that if a camper refuses to perform a dare, they are automatically eliminated from Total Drama Island. In the confessional, he explains that he and Chef have a minor side-bet for the challenge: the first one to puke has to give the other one $100.
Gwen's up first and the wheel lands on Duncan. Duncan's dare for her is to lick Owen's armpit. Chris asks if Gwen will take it or pass, and she passes it to Heather. Heather nervously moves towards Owen's armpit, and he tries to calm her down by telling her to imagine that she's licking an ice cream cone minus the bad odor. This doesn't help much, nor does mentioning the pit hair while in mid-lick, which sends Heather into convulsions. Heather gets her turn at the wheel and spins Ezekiel, who dares them to chew their own toenail, slowly. She doesn't hesitate to challenge Gwen with the dare. Gwen sits in a small chair in the center of the stage, takes off her boot and lifts up her foot so that Chef can clip a piece of her toenail off. He then hands her the clipping and she puts it in her mouth.
While chewing, Heather reminds Gwen that she has to do it slowly and Gwen's chewing changes to a slow, forced motion. After she completes this dare, Owen spins the bottle and gets Beth, who dares him to re-chew a piece of Harold's old gum. Owen emphatically accepts the dare, grossing out everyone else. Owen figures the gum must be pretty special and starts chewing, describing the flavor as "full bodied, a delicate fruity aroma with a hint of citrus, robust yet balanced, summery, and a crunchy center". The camera zooms onto Harold's picture, which shows him picking his nose, disgusting everyone present. While Chris and Chef almost throw up, Owen blows a large bubble that bursts and covers himself with bubble residue. Chris awards Owen the game's first freebie and an optional tetanus shot, which Owen declines. Gwen retakes the stage and spins Cody, whose dare is to stuff a tray of ice cubes in your underwear and let them melt. Gwen doesn't think the dare is too bad and takes it herself. Chef brings out a bucket of ice cubes, which Gwen takes and stuffs large handfuls of the ice into her skirt.
Heather declares that she will take the next dare, whatever it is, as she won't let Owen and Gwen get ahead of her. She spins the bottle and gets Tyler. Tyler's dare is to eat grape jelly out of Owen's belly button. Chef pours nine spoonfuls of jelly into Owen's navel, while Owen comments on how getting two dares like this must suck. Heather gathers her strength, and while it's not shown on camera, she slurps the grape jelly from Owen's bare stomach, returning to frame covered in grape jelly with a disturbed look on her face. Chris puts her on life support for a few minutes while Chris hands out snacks: peanut butter and jelly sandwiches; hearing of which causes Heather to throw up in the oxygen mask. Owen takes his next spin and gets Izzy, to which Owen is ecstatic. Izzy's dare is to give a purple nurple to a sleeping bear. Owen gladly takes the dare, but loses some enthusiasm when he asks "What's a purple nurple?". Owen goes to the nearby bear cave to perform the dare, which naturally wakes the bear up and causes the bear to attack Owen.
Gwen spins and gets Harold's dare: lick Owen's toe jam; she passes it to Heather who uses her freebie to skip it. Heather spins and gets Geoff: drink powdered fruit punch from the communal toilet. Gwen considers whether she should use her freebie but decides to go for it. Chris mixes the fruit punch into the toilet with a plunger, commenting on how gross it is and then hands Gwen a straw. Gwen pokes the straw into the water and takes a long slurp before getting sick and throwing up. While Owen goes up to get the next dare, Heather taunts Gwen, saying Trent will need a fumigation squad to kiss her with her bad breath, to which Gwen replies by belching foul gas in her face, silencing Heather.
Owen spins Cody, whose next dare is to eat dog food, another dare that Owen is glad to take himself. Chris questions why Owen would do it as he has two freebies he can use, or better yet, challenge an opponent, preferably one with no freebies (referring to Heather). Owen says that his dog eats this kind of food and he wants to know what he has been missing. He then takes the plate of dog food, which is still in a can shape, and voraciously eats it. When Owen describes it as "meaty tasting," proving too much for Chris as he throws up. After Chris pays $100 to Chef, Chef throws up, followed by Gwen, then Heather. In the confessional, Chris says it was too gross, then throws up again and asks if there's anything the campers won't do.
The game continues on with dare after dare, including Owen dressing up as a baby, Gwen kissing a dead fish, and Heather wrestling an alligator; after over sixty rounds, no one has dropped out. Owen has twenty freebies while Gwen still has one and Heather has none. Frustrated at how long this could continue, Gwen strikes a deal with Owen: help her take Heather down and in return, Gwen will give Owen a share of the prize money in the case she wins--but in case Gwen doesn't win, she promises to get Owen some doughnuts. Owen agrees and gives half of his freebies to Gwen. Heather protests this, but Chris says that there aren't any rules against contestant sharing freebies. Heather's torture starts when Gwen spins and lands Courtney, who dares them to drink a blended puree of Chef's mystery meat. This leads to a montage showing Heather swimming in leeches, wearing a chicken hat and pretending to be a chicken, slapping herself, eating a live cockroach, kissing one of Chef's socks in the guise of a sock puppet play of the Princess and the Frog, and getting a bucket of feces dumped on her head before being fired out of a cannon into a feces pile.
When the bottle lands on Lindsay, Heather feels relieved, thinking that Lindsay couldn't possibly come up with a bad dare. However, she is extremely wrong when Chris reads the card aloud which states, "have your head shaved by Chef." Heather is put in a barber's chair while Chef menaces her with an electric razor. When she begins to have doubt, Chris tells her exactly what's at stake, have her head shaved to stay in the game or keep her hair and leave. As Chef approaches, Heather panics and kicks the razor out of his hands, it flies in the air and lands on her head. The chair then falls backwards as bits of hair fly away. When the chair returns upright, Heather's in shock, with only a few clumps of hair left; although Heather did get her head shaved (albeit partially), Chris points out that she didn't technically accept the dare, she's therefore disqualified. When asked about the lack of rules by an enraged Heather, Chris says that it's "complicated," but she still loses; her screams can be heard all the way from Playa Des Losers. Heather is taken to the Boat of Losers and leaves the island, all while threatening to sue Chris for everything he has and promises to ruin his reputation everywhere. This leaves Total Drama Island's two finalists being Gwen and Owen, who celebrate their long-awaited triumph over Heather.
- Chef Hatchet appears, but he has no lines. However, he grunts several times when he almost throws up.
- All of the nineteen previously eliminated campers have a cameo appearance at the end of the episode, but they do not speak.
- This episode is similar to No Pain, No Game, as far as having a spinning wheel that tells the contestants to do a horrific challenge at random.
- The order in which Chris introduces the eliminated campers is: Izzy, Trent, Cody, Justin, Noah, Leshawna, Lindsay, Beth, Tyler, Harold, DJ, Geoff, Bridgette, Duncan, Courtney, Eva, Katie and Sadie, and Ezekiel.
- All Screaming Gophers were introduced first and the Killer Bass were introduced afterwards.
- The dares the eliminated campers made up for the final three are:
- Ezekiel: Chew your own toenail slowly (Gwen does it).
- Eva: Wear a beard made out of bees (Owen does it).
- Noah: Wrestle an alligator (Heather does it).
- Katie and Sadie: Kiss a dead fish (Gwen does it).
- Tyler: Slurp grape jelly out of Owen's belly button (Heather does it).
- Cody: Drop a tray of ice into your undies and let them melt (Gwen does it), eat dog food (Owen does it).
- Beth: Chew a wad of Harold's gum (Owen does it).
- Courtney: Drink a blended puree of Chef Hatchet's mystery meat (Heather does it).
- Harold: Lick Owen's toe jam (Heather uses her freebie to skip it).
- Trent: Eat hard boiled eggs while lying down (Heather does it).
- Bridgette: Dress like a baby with a pink lace bonnet, light blue pacifier, and diaper. (Owen does it).
- Lindsay: Have your head shaved by Chef Hatchet (Heather refuses to do it, but ends up having it done to her anyway).
- Izzy: Give a purple nurple to a sleeping bear (Owen does it).
- Geoff: Drink powdered fruit punch out of the communal toilet (Gwen does it).
- Leshawna: Walk on a tight rope while carrying steaks above shark infested waters (Gwen does it).
- Duncan: Lick Owen's armpit (Heather does it).
- None of the dares that Justin or DJ made are revealed, and Cody is the only one that has more than one known dare.
- There are also some dares that are seen, but it isn't known who came up with them. It is possible some of these may be Justin or DJ's.
- When Heather screams after having her head shaved, it can be heard at Playa Des Losers, where the losing campers are standing around the pool in the same positions they were in when they vote Leshawna out, except for the following differences:
- When Owen shares his freebies with Gwen, Heather says: "Ix-nay on the onspiracy-cay," which is Pig Latin for: "nix on the conspiracy."
- Of the three dares that involve Owen's body (Duncan, Tyler, Harold), two of them are done by Heather, and had she not used her freebie, she would've had to do all three.
- All three dares regarding Owen's body were made by previous Killer Bass members.
- This challenge marks the eighth time Gwen wins a challenge for herself or for her team. Even if her ending for the finale doesn't count, this is still the record for any season.
- Heather's fate is foreshadowed in many previous episodes, usually by Lindsay.
- In If You Can't Take The Heat..., Heather threatens Lindsay that she would cut her hair if she ever sided with Leshawna against her again.
- It's also interesting to note that one of Lindsay's challenges in No Pain, No Game is to have her hair cut off with a chainsaw, which she failed to do.
- In That's Off the Chain!, Lindsay shows Heather an "ugly doll with pretty hair" that she feels resembles Heather as they built their bikes. During Lindsay's elimination, she states that she hopes Heather gets everything her karma owes her.
- Coincidentally, Lindsay is the cause of Heather's fate.
- Two of the challenges Heather performed are Beth and Tyler's fears from Phobia Factor (enter a tub filled with bugs and chickens respectively).
- Leshawna and Geoff's dares are similar to the challenges that they needed to do in Search and Do Not Destroy in order to obtain their keys.
- The scene in the beginning, switching between the three finalists in the confessional, is currently the longest uninterrupted confessional scene in the entire series.
- This marks the third time someone leaves the island without a campfire ceremony.
- In addition, this is the second time that someone is not eliminated at night.
- Heather will not get her original hair length back until Total Drama: Revenge of the Island's episode, Up, Up And Away In My Pitiful Balloon.
- This episode's title is a parody within itself, referenced to the popular nighttime kid's game, I Triple Dog Dare You.
- In the recap when Chris mentions that the campers "...ran helter, they ran skelter" is a reference to The Beatles song, Helter Skelter.
- The contestants are able to perform dares voluntarily to gain "Get out of dare freebies," similar to the "Get out of jail free card" in the board game Monopoly. Also, when Chris says that whoever chickens out on a dare goes directly to the walk of shame, he parodies the "Go To Jail" card.
- During the time Chris explains the penalties of not completing dares, he says "Do not go to a bonfire, do not collect a marshmallow, and do not get to win $100,000." This is another reference to Monopoly where if a player draws a Chance or Community Chest Card, it could possibly say "Go directly to Jail, do not pass 'GO', and do not collect $200."
- When Heather is eliminated, a squirrel with a surprised expression turns its head to dramatic music. This is a spoof of a popular YouTube video turned Internet meme called "The Dramatic Chipmunk."
- Heather's line about "The World According to Heather" could be a reference to the movie and the book, The World According to Garp.
- After winning twenty freebies, Owen played Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
- Chris's pants and sneakers change to shorts and sandals twice in this episode.
- Only thirteen of Owen's twenty freebies are shown on screen, however, some shots show only nine.
- When Chris, Chef, and Gwen are in the bathroom, Chef is seen wearing his normal clothes instead of the pink dress. He is shown wearing it again when Gwen goes off to puke.
- Owen is shown with armpit hair in this episode when Heather licks his armpit, yet it never was or is seen ever in previous or future episodes.
- When Heather is forced to eat hard-boiled eggs lying down, the wheel is shown pointing at Leshawna, even though it is Trent who gave her the dare.
- Right before Chef vomits, the gap in his teeth is missing.
- After Heather sucks the jelly out of Owen's navel, Owen exclaims that she didn't puke this time, but when she licked his armpit, she did not vomit either.
- When Chris says Owen has twenty freebies and Gwen and Heather have none, Gwen is shown to still have one freebie.
- When Owen asks Gwen what if she doesn't win while teaming up against Heather, part of Gwen's mouth is missing.
- After Gwen takes off her boot to chew her own toenail, the camera pans over to Heather, who is shown to have two pairs of eyebrows.
- When Gwen and Owen were walking to see Heather get eliminated, the tips of Gwen's shirt were missing.
- Chef's tattoo disappears multiple times in this episode.