The host makes the teams go through a truth-or-dare showdown. Someone has to face up to her guilt regarding her problems with another contestant, the attraction between two contestants grows stronger, and two competitors continuously get tormented over and over. Ultimately, someone's issues with being truthful with his infatuations end up making him tongue-tied and eliminated.
The episode begins with Jasmine getting up to carry out her usual morning routine of foraging for food, however Samey asks her wait so she can join in. Jasmine reminds her that it is the recently eliminated "Samey", who usually forages with her and not "Amy". Remembering not to blow her cover, Samey pretends to be her sister, by acting rudely towards Jasmine. While Samey is glad that Jasmine is helping to hide the truth from everyone, she puts some blueberry juice underneath her right eye to serve as Amy's beauty mark, in order to ensure everyone that she is her sister. As the pair are in the woods, they meet up with Shawn as usual but just as Jasmine comes up to talk to him, Shawn immediately retreats, pulling Dave with him. While the girls wonder what is wrong, Shawn admits that he is terrified about developing feelings for Jasmine, afraid that she (and their future baby hiding in his pillow) would turn into zombies and eat his brains.
Meanwhile, Rodney and Scarlett are on the way to their team's eating spot when Scarlett stops him from stepping on some feces. Just as with Jasmine and Amy, Rodney falls in love with Scarlett. Things become even more complicated when Samey touches his arm during breakfast and becomes infatuated with her as well (or more specifically, her sister again). Rodney realizes that now he has three "girlfriends" (Amy, Jasmine, and Scarlett) and is conflicted on how to choose between them. As the teams are eating breakfast, they discuss and compare how useful "Amy" is to her good for nothing sister. Though angered at them for mocking her, Samey has no choice but to go along with their ridicule of herself just as Chris gathers everyone for the challenge. Ella invites Sugar to sit next to her, but the latter pushes her off due to wanting more camera time. Chris sees this and sarcastically sympathizes with Ella. As usual, Topher compliments Chris, but the host simply ignores him.
The challenge is an intensified version of Truth or Dare, called "Truth or Scare". Above Chris is a screen that will randomly select a contestant along with a halo (truth) or a flame (scare). If a contestant fails any of the aforementioned challenges, their entire team is shocked through the electric collars that Chef placed around their necks. As the slot stops at Amy's image during the demonstration, Samey is the first person to participate a Truth challenge. To detect whether a contestant is lying or not, Chris introduces Clucky, a lie detecting chicken. For Samey's question, Chris asks her who she hates the most. After being guilt tripped by Clucky, she nervously admits to hating Amy the most, much to the confusion of everyone who believes that she is Amy. When it seems that she is going to admit the truth, Jasmine stands up and reassures "Amy" that Samey's failures weren't her fault. The other contestants agree with this and again badmouth Samey in front of "Amy".
Rodney is the next one chosen by the screen and has to answer who he thinks is the most attractive girl on the island. He struggles between choosing "Amy", Jasmine and Scarlett but when Sugar suggests it is her, Rodney goes along with it. Clucky sees through his lie and shocks his entire team. Sugar becomes agitated and calls Clucky "broken", resulting in Clucky shocking Waneyihtam Maskwak as well. Sky is next and she is required to drink an entire jug of mineral water in under thirty seconds. As she struggles to complete her challenge, Shawn takes control by shaking the jug and spraying the liquid into Sky's mouth. Sky scores a point for her team but the sudden rush of water entering her body causes her stomach to become upset. It is Max's turn and he is asked what frightens him the most. The self-proclaimed evil genius insists that he fears nothing, shocking his entire team.
Dave goes after him and believes that he has nothing to hide, only to find out that he gets a Scare challenge instead. Challenging Dave's germ sensitivity, Chris makes him kiss the person next to him: Shawn or Sky. Since the former bolts without a single word, Dave is elated as this means he gets to kiss Sky, who is also satisfied about the challenge. As they lean closer for a kiss, Sky accidentally belches in his face. In the confessional, Sky states that this is a habit of her which occurs whenever she's nervous but persists that it is the water she drank that caused it. Because this, Dave fails the challenge and Team Maskwak is electrocuted. Shawn is then dared to pick his nose and wipe it on a competitor next to him. Since there is no one else next to him, Shawn targets Dave, who takes hint by automatically getting up and running away. Shawn easily overtakes him and fires a "snot rocket" at him, covering Dave and the rest of the team in mucus. However, Chris declares that Shawn fails the challenge as he had to "wipe" it on Dave, not everyone.
It is Ella's turn next and she is required to tell the truth. Chris asks what she would change about herself if she could and she replies she would change whatever is preventing her and Sugar from being friends. However, Sugar notices when she begins using "pageant speak" and lunges at her only for Shawn and Dave to hold her back. Even though Clucky judges Ella's answer as truth, Chris declares that Ella is lying since he believes otherwise. The challenges continue with Sky and Sugar scoring two more points for their team, while Scarlett and Jasmine score for theirs. However, every time it is Rodney's turn, he unfortunately gets a Truth challenge that involves his "girlfriends" and fails.
After many challenges, the score is still tie at 3-3. Wanting to end the challenge fast, Chris announces a "sudden death" round, during which each team will be represented by one person: Rodney for Team Kinosewak and Ella for Team Maskwak. Since this round is Scare challenge only, Rodney believes his luck has finally changed and taunts Clucky on how she could not shock him anymore and further infuriates the chicken by stating that he collects chicken eggs daily back at his farm. Clucky attempts to attack Rodney, only for Chris to calm her down. For the final round, both contestants are required to untie a bag containing a a remote programmed to the other team's collars. The winner is the first contestant who retrieves the control and activates it to shock the other team. Rodney struggles as his fingers are too large to untie the knot while Ella easily open hers. Because of her niceness, Ella refuse to shock Team Kinosewak. Clucky decides to take over and repeatedly shocks Team Kinosewak for Rodney's words. As Chef carts a restrain Clucky away, Chris declares Team Maskwak the winner and rewards them with a bag of cooked horse, much to the team's disgust. When Team Kinosewak refuses, Chris tells them that Chef is cooking chicken for dinner.
After the challenge, Dave and Sky meet up, but she becomes nervous again and runs away. Her belching can be heard in the distance as he begs for a "sign" of how she feels. At the elimination ceremony, Rodney and Scarlett are in the bottom two. Chris struggles to explain why the latter could be there and eventually gives up and gives her the final marshmallow, eliminating Rodney. As he is about to launch out of the Cannon of Shame, Rodney attempts to confess his love for "Amy", Jasmine, and Scarlett, and has trouble as usual. Chris becomes inpatient and fires him anyway. As Rodney's trajectory changes angle, he hits an approaching ship just as Chris signs off the episode
- Chef Hatchet appears; however, he has no lines.
- Topher is the only competitor who is not shown being called on to participate in the challenge.
- Sky reveals she has a habit of belching whenever she gets nervous.
- This is the only episode in which Ella appears, but doesn't sing at all.
- This is the second episode containing the phrase "I Love You" in the title, the first being I Love You, Grease Pig!
- Samey is the only contestant who scored a point in a "Truth" challenge.
- Sky is the only contestant to successfully complete more than one challenges.
- No males are successful in completing a challenge as all points earned are by females.
- This is the third challenge to reference the game "Truth or Dare", the other times were I Triple Dog Dare You! in Total Drama Island and Truth or Laser Shark in Total Drama: Revenge of the Island.
- The music heard when the contestants are selected is the same as the one that plays when the Wheel of Misfortune is spun.
- The title is a wordplay of the old game She/He Loves Me, She/He Loves Me Not.
- Shawn calls zombies "walkers" in this episode, a possible nod to the popular apocalyptic franchise The Walking Dead.
- Sugar believing she had to eat the tarantula is likely a nod to the Survivor Smorgasbord challenge used in Survivor, which in one season did have contestants eat a tarantula.
- Clucky is carted off the island restrained in a manner similar to Hannibal Lecter in the 1991 film adaption of The Silence of the Lambs.
- Chris makes a reference to the Hasbro game Battleship at the end of the episode.
- The food Chris offers has the character of a nursery rhyme in it's jingle, Humpty Dumpty.
- In a pan shot across Sugar and Ella, there is a point where Ella's bow is missing from her headband.
- Before Scarlett's challenge, the score is 2-1, with Waneyihtam Maskwak in the lead. After her challenge; however, the score is reversed, and Pimâpotew Kinosewak has the lead. Scarlett's point is then given to Waneyihtam Maskwak, bringing the score to 2-2, as it should have been.
- Rodney's chin cleft disappears several times during this episode.
- When Sugar is about to attack Ella, Sky's hair seems to be normal, but in the next scene, it appears to be messed up again.
- When Chris spins the wheel one time for the Pimâpotew Kinosewak, it shows Amy without her mole.
- When Topher complains about the lack of drama, his hands are shown on the log while his arms are facing outward.
|Total Drama: Pahkitew Island episodes|
|Pre-merge||So, Uh This Is My Team? | I Love You, Grease Pig! | Twinning Isn't Everything | I Love You, I Love You Knots | A Blast from the Past | Mo Monkey Mo Problems | This Is The Pits! | Three Zones and A Baby|
|Post-merge||Hurl and Go Seek | Scarlett Fever | Sky Fall | Pahk'd With Talent | Lies, Cries and One Big Prize|