The teams are merged, and the host sends the players on a challenge that someone quickly takes control of. Due to one person's slip-up, someone with a secret is forced to work for another until he finally stands up to take control and save his crush. Although someone appears to have a come-from-behind victory after being betrayed, the host gives the rewards to the original winner, which allows him to eliminate a contestant who recently resolved his problem.
The episode opens with Chris waking up the contestants with an old alarm and tells them about a treat he has in store: the teams are merging. Jo is happy about the merge, but decides to keep Lightning as an ally. Chef then drops a giant block of cement on the Maggots' cabin with a helicopter, destroying it, leaving the Maggots to sleep in the Rats' cabin. Chris says that he built a mountain with his face named Mount Chrismore. Zoey complains about their belongings being buried by the block, so Chris allows them to recover their belongings. Cameron tries to form an alliance with Jo, offering to have his brains compliment her brawn, but she refuses as she's satisfied with Lightning. However after seeing Lightning have trouble counting to ten, she starts reconsidering.
Zoey has difficulty retrieving her clothes from the rubble, so Mike offers her an extra pair of Brick's boots. Zoey is touched by the gesture, but the pungent odor of the boots causes her to fall off the roof, but Mike catches her. Scott observes this mockingly, stating that Mike thought of himself as a lady's man, and formulates his newest scheme to exploit Mike with his new knowledge of Mike's Multiple Personality Disorder. Overhearing this, Cameron begs Scott not tell anyone else, only for Scott to trick him into revealing more information on how to summon Mike's personalities. Chris then brings Duncan to demonstrate the challenge, but he runs to the forest once Chef unties him. Chris gives the instructions of the challenge: the contestants must find the hidden keys in the kitchen to Chef's vintage go-karts and then drive them to three different landmarks and leave their mark in them. First to finish wins. Chef scolds Chris for letting the contestants drive his kart collection, but Chris ignores him.
Scott tells Mike to help him or he will tell Zoey about his personality disorder. Mike is shocked that Scott knows this, to which Cameron apologizes. Left with no choice, Mike reluctantly agrees to help him. In the kitchen, the contestants search for the keys. Scott repeatedly asks Mike to do things for him which Mike angrily does, which leads to Mike getting several injuries. Zoey notices this and is confused to why he would do so. Eventually everyone finds a key. Cameron finds his under a table, Zoey's in a bucket, Lightning's behind a pantry, Jo's in the trash, and Scott's in a jar. Mike finds a gold key and Scott tells Mike to give it to him, which against his will, he ends up doing.
Out at the go cart alley, Chris gives everyone a can of spray paint and GPS device. Their mission is to tag three landmarks around the island, The Rock Wall of Mt. Looming Disaster, the spooky tree in the haunted forest, and the top of a giant totem. Chris also says everyone will have to steal their go carts from Chef in order to drive. When everyone gets to Chef, he releases the laser-eyed squirrels. Scott uses Mike to cover him to his go cart, while Cameron diverts the squirrels attention by tossing nuts that he found back in the kitchen which land near Jo, Lightning, and Chef. They all run as the squirrels chase after them. Cameron is the first to drive, while Scott tries to go as well, but his cart is missing the two front wheels. He uses Mike as a tow for him, and Zoey drives past them. Meanwhile, Jo and Lightning are now stuck in a prison chamber guarded by Fang.Nearby, Zoey is the first to tag the first land mark, she uses a heart and drives off to the next. Cameron had just passed her to tag it himself. When Scott and Mike arrive, Scott says he's going first. Cameron is still working on his design, and Mike tries to warn him that he doesn't need to be as detailed as what he is doing. Scott honks his horn repeatedly so Mike couldn't finish his sentence and goes back to the cart. Back at the prison cell, Jo and Lightning had come up with a plan to get out of the cell. The camera is then back to Zoey who just tagged the second landmark and drives off, then Mike and Scott get there, but Scott uses Mike to check if it's safe, which it isn't. Lightning had then finally pulled the bars apart of the cell door, Jo then pushes him out into Fang and leaves him. Lightning then makes a deal with the shark to take him to Scott. While in the go cart, a message appears on the GPS from a dummy of Chris and a tape recording of his voice telling the contestants to go to a fourth landmark. The camera then reveals it is Chef trying to get back at Chris for allowing the contestants to steal his go carts.
Jo had finally caught up to Cameron, who just finished his tag of himself getting the million from Chris. Jo then uses her tag to cross out his tag and tells him it's a race not art school. Zoey is then seen having almost the top of the totem, Scott uses Mike's face for a boost and throws his spray can at Zoey and hits her. Mike tries to help, but Scott rips off his shirt releasing Vito. He then asks where Anne Maria is again, Scott agrees to show him where she is for a lift, leaving Zoey behind. Jo is then seen in the woods, with her car keep breaking, while Lightning passes her. Zoey couldn't hold on any longer and lands on Cameron's cart allowing him to jump up the top. Chris then appears about to declare the winner, but realizes everyone is gone and is surprised to find out from Lightning that they are going to a fourth landmark, Mt. Chrismore. Chris thinks that this is Duncan's doing and Chef agrees.At Mt. Chrismore, Vito asks about the location of Anne Maria which prompts Scott to hit him on his head with an actual club, knocking him out. Zoey finally comes up to Mike telling them that they're through, but realizes he is knocked out. In his subconscious, Mike finds himself with all four of his alternate personalities. They all gang up on him, but he retaliates and tells them that he's taking charge from now on. He gains control of his body and wakes up to Zoey. He then tells her all of his "characters" were because of his disorder and didn't want to look like a freak. Zoey then says she loves odd-balls and says that there is just more Mike to love. Scott and Lightning were the only ones to reach the top, but Lightning sprays with a giant lighting bolt first. Chris then says he didn't win because Duncan added this mark. Duncan then appears behind a rock and tells Chris that the extra landmark isn't his handiwork before revealing his true plan: blowing up Mount Chrismore.
At the elimination ceremony, Chris announce Scott as the winner of the challenge and is able to choose who gets to be eliminated and he chooses Mike. At the Hurl of Shame, Zoey comes up to Mike trying to say her last goodbye. Mike gives her a gold medal with his face on it, which she loves. They lean in for a goodbye kiss, but Chris interrupts their kissing by hurling Mike, and then signs off the show.
|Clé Bennett||Chef Hatchet|
- This is the seventh episode in the series to reference a character's name in the title, with the others being The Chefshank Redemption, Super Hero-ld, Crouching Courtney, Hidden Owen, 2008: A Space Owen, Aftermath: Bridgette Over Troubled Water, The Treasure Island of Dr. McLean, and later on Zeek And Ye Shall Find, Scarlett Fever, and Sky Fall.
- The contestants used the following paint colors and symbols in their tags:
- Cameron: Purple pi symbol (he used his own version of The Creation of Adam on the first tag).
- Jo: Black, no symbol (she used it to cross out Cameron's first tag).
- Lightning: Red lightning bolt.
- Mike: Green checkmark.
- Scott: Blue X.
- Zoey: Pink heart.
- Interestingly, Cameron's initial symbol shows Chris handling him the million dollars prize, which eventually becomes true.
- In the initial Cartoon Network release of the episode, the challenge title is changed to "Extreme Chef Auto". However, the episode title remains the same as the Teletoon version. The reason for this edit is currently unknown, though it may heavily be influenced by the inappropriate nature of the video game referenced in the title.
- Later releases have removed this edit. However, the edit is still present on iTunes.
- The first part of the challenge involving searching for keys throughout a section of the camp is similar to the challenge from Search and Do Not Destroy.
- Duncan quitting last season is referenced upon his introduction, with Chris saying he "owes him camera time" for doing so.
- This is the first time in Total Drama history that the winner of the challenge gets to decide who is eliminated.
- This is technically the second time that one person alone gets to choose who went home. The first is Courtney in Ocean's Eight - Or Nine. However, that is originally intended to be a regular elimination, and only after the other votes are wasted on the immune Courtney, so her vote is the only one that counts.
- This is the second episode starting with a merge in which a male is eliminated. The first is Niagara Brawls with Owen. This happens again in You Regatta Be Kidding Me with Duncan, and again in Hurl And Go Seek with Dave.
- This is the first episode starting with a merge in which a male has won the challenge, not counting Courtney and Duncan who won the challenge together in Niagara Brawls.
- This is the fourth time a couple's kiss is interrupted before they were separated, the others being Gwen and Trent in Search and Do Not Destroy, Izzy and Owen in Full Metal Drama, and Lindsay and Tyler in Can't Help Falling in Louvre.
- As such, this continues the trend of one couple's kiss being interrupted in every season.
- The Chris doll Chef used for his message is the same doll Chris used to fake his death in Get a Clue.
- The animation of Mike and Zoey's "almost first kiss" appears later in The Bold and the Booty-ful in one Mike's dreams.
- The title of this episode is a reference to the popular video game series, Grand Theft Auto; more specifically, the graffiti tagging challenge references Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, where one of the side activities is to graffiti tag one hundred locations within the city of Los Santos.
- Duncan's introduction in this episode is similar to that of the depiction of fictional serial killer Hannibal Lecter by Anthony Hopkins in films based on the books of Thomas Harris, most famously in his 1991 Oscar-winning depiction in The Silence of the Lambs.
- He is also brought to camp similar how the convict Garland Greene is brought to the plane in the movie, Con Air.
- Chris's personal monument, "Mount Chrismore", is a reference to Mount Rushmore in South Dakota, which depicts the heads of four past United States presidents.
- Cameron's graffiti tag is a reference to The Creation of Adam.
- Chester makes a reference to Miss Canada while using the confessional. He also sings the song played at the competition.
- When Scott picks up Mike to cover him, his shirt is tucked in, but when he runs with Mike his shirt is normal.
- Scott can be seen with Mike's shirt in his hand for a small moment after ripping it off him, before the scene zooms over at Mike as Vito. When it switches back to Scott, Mike's shirt is nowhere in sight.
- When Mike wakes up after winning the fight with his alternate personalities, his shark tooth necklace is gone.
- When Manitoba Smith is punching Mike along with Chester, Svetlana and Vito, he has a bag on his back. However, when Manitoba ropes Mike, the bag is absent. Chester is also seen with a cane, but not at the beginning.
- On Netflix, the closed captions incorrectly call Manitoba Smith "Alberta" during the brain fight sequence.
- While guarding the go-karts, the gap between Chef's teeth is missing.
- Initially, Lightning's seat is on the right side of the go-kart while Fang's seat is on the left side. However, while driving up Mt. Chrismore, the position of their seats changes.
- Fang's collar disappears after he spits Scott out of his mouth.
- Duncan's nose piercing is on the incorrect side when he removes his restraint mask.