According to the instructions, the player is Chef's co-pilot on the Total Drama Jumbo Jet. The player's objective is to cook burritos for him, repair the jet, and avoid obstacles. If the obstacles hit the plane, a crack will appear on the window, and the player must repair it. Chef gets hungry while flying, so the player must cook a burrito for him every so often, but if it is left in the microwave for too long, the microwave will explode. The farther the player gets, the more obstacles there are. If Chef becomes too hungry, Chef makes the plane crash and the game ends with Chef in a parachute, saying "Crash and burn!" If the plane sustains too much damage, it crashes on its own and the game ends with a message saying, "Too much plane damage!" On the app, tilting the device will control the steering and tapping the microwave cooks the burritos.
- At the title screen, if the player holds the "SHIFT" button key and clicks on the maple leaf mark behind Chef's head, a screen pops up allowing them to enter a cheat code. The player can enter "handyman" or "XL burritos."
- Courtney, Heather, Noah, Owen, and Tyler can all be seen parachuting to the ground during the game.
- Some contestants can be seen doing things other than falling; Izzy can be seen cannonballing, Harold is flying in his his super hero costume, and Leshawna can be seen in the hand of a giant gorilla perched on top of a skyscraper, similar to how Izzy was in the Celebrity Manhunt's Total Drama Action Reunion Special. In addition, you will also find Tyler with his injuries sustained in The EX-Files and Owen nude from his dream sequence in Niagara Brawls.
- The aliens from The EX-Files appear as obstacles in the game.
- Some of the locations Chef flies over in the game are New York City, the Yukon, and Alberta.
- While Chef is flying, the player is also able to click on the video screen above him, and set it to a video or system tool. The overhead includes a radar, a video of a plane flying, a video of Daffy Duck from Looney Tunes, a video of a person putting a substance in a mixing bowl, a video of a horse, a video of a polar bear, and a video of a bowling alley.
- Flight Simmerator was the third Total Drama app to be available for download in the App Store, the others being Total Pandamonium, Drop of Shame and Total Drama Freezer Burn. All of the games have since been removed.
- Several moments featuring the Jumbo Jet in the actual show are re-used exactly for this game:
- The yellow airplane from Total Drama Island can be seen as one of the obstacles in the game.
- In the game, Chef is seen not holding the wheel, and it appears as if he is going to crash, however as he continues to do this, the plane flies perfectly straight.
- At some point in the game, Chef's hunger pangs go up rapidly even after the player feeds him a couple of burritos in a row. Something similar to this happens again when the player doesn't feed Chef a lot of burritos, but his hunger pangs go down.
- Even if Chef's plane crashes in the daytime, it is shown falling to the ground at night.
- Although the instructions say that the player is Chef's co-pilot, the point of view clearly depicts the player as Chef himself, even controlling which way his arms move to steer the Jet.