Despite their contrasting personalities, Duncan and Owen become good friends over the course of the series. In Brunch of Disgustingness, both become acquainted when Owen moves into the same cabin as Duncan, along with all the other remaining guys. In Total Drama Island and Total Drama Action, they both make it into the final four. In Total Drama World Tour, they both end up on the same team, which gives them plenty of time to develop their friendship.
Episodes Suggesting a Friendship
Duncan and Owen are placed together on the guys team and party with the other guys in the cabin. Duncan cheers for Owen when he wins the tie-breaker. At the end of the episode, they happily go on the trip they win, along with Geoff, DJ, and Trent.
After having two great days together with the other guys, they happily return to the camp together. When yelling out that "guys rule," Duncan and Owen have their arms around each other.
Duncan and Owen form a guys' alliance with Geoff and DJ in order to not be eliminated. Owen was a little unsure about it at first, but after he joins, he is happy about it and kisses Duncan three times on the cheek. At the end of the episode, the new alliance successfully votes out Bridgette.
Duncan, Owen, and Geoff have a friendly conversation about their most painful experiences that they had in the past while riding a bicycle.
Once Owen reunites with his friends, he quickly hugs both Gwen and Duncan. Additionally, Duncan wasn't as annoyed as Gwen and Heather by Owen after his mental breakdown.
Chef puts them on the same team against Heather and Gwen. They are seen working together in an attempt to steal the other team's materials, and succeed in doing so, being in the lead. They also seem to bond over farts during the challenge.
Duncan chooses to side with Owen instead of Gwen, despite his good friendship (and future relationship) with her, even before Owen announced his big party he would hold if he won. Duncan is seen cheering for Owen throughout the challenge. In the end, Duncan and Owen, along with Geoff throw Chris into the water and then attempt to do the same thing with Chef.
Owen and Duncan hide together behind a car standee from the monster. After Owen managed to eat all the prop food and find the key, Duncan is impressed with Owen's eating ability as well as winning the challenge for the boys.
Duncan seems concerned when Owen gets his jaw broken and glares at Chris for not caring.
When Owen returns, Duncan happily greets him and Owen hugs him along with Harold. Later when Lindsay and Beth are trying to get Duncan voted out, they ask Owen about it. Owen seems worried and doesn't vote for Duncan, but instead votes for Courtney due to Courtney voting him off in Ocean's Eight - Or Nine even though she has immunity .
When Duncan was not in the trailer, Owen appeared to be worried for Duncan's disappearance. Although he votes for him, Owen admits that he likes Duncan.
Owen is impressed by Duncan in Owen's eating challenge. At the end, Owen votes for Duncan to win the season by drawing a stick man with an angry expression and a mohawk on the voting paper because Duncan is a healthy eater and because he "still feels like one of the guys."
Duncan helps Owen get into the bus when Chris saves the cast. Soon after, they both qualify for Total Drama World Tour.
Owen, unlike most of the contestants, still sides with Duncan, saying he got a major score by getting with two hot girls on the same show in his terms of a "Babe Olympics." This also probably shows that Owen supports Duncan's new relationship with Gwen. Owen is also the only person, other than Gwen, to look worried when Duncan was shot by a laser. Later in the episode, Duncan helps Alejandro carry Owen back to Chris.
During this episode, Duncan tries to ally with Owen after realizing that Noah was correct about Alejandro. In order to seal an alliance with Owen, he agrees that he misses Noah too and follows everything that Owen tells him to do once Owen is appointed as captain during the Viking Ship Battle challenge.
During Blainerific, Duncan and Owen are in a coffee shop, enjoying latte. Later in the episode, Duncan bids Owen farewell before he leaves.
Episodes Supporting a Conflict
Owen mocks Duncan for being a deer, referring to him as "Bambi." In retaliation, Duncan calls Owen "tubby." Later Duncan calls him "Farticus" after his failed attempt to shoot him.
Right after Chris yells out that it is every camper for himself, Owen tries to give him a high five, but Duncan refuses and says "It's every camper for himself."
When Duncan tries to make an alliance with DJ, Geoff, and Owen, Owen was not sure if he wanted to join. However, in the next scene, Duncan is hanging Owen by his feet over a "cliff" threatening him to join, which he does. Later, Duncan is freaked out when Owen kisses him on the cheek.
When Chris announced that the contestants are require to catch a wild animal, Duncan raise Owen's arm and declared that he got one.
Duncan says that it is good to be on team with Owen because if a bear came by, it would go after Owen first. When Owen said he does not jump off cliffs anymore, Duncan pushes him off. He also gets upset and angry with Owen when he lost the challenge for them when he went after sticky buns instead of finishing the challenge. This leads to Duncan being eliminated from the competition.
Due to his role as the producers' mole, Owen manages to break up Duncan and Harold's recently formed friendship and later convinces Harold to punch Duncan.
When Owen accidentally insults Scruffy, Duncan becomes angry. Owen continues to sabotage the game by spraying Duncan's mohawk and leads him to a trap. During the elimination ceremony, Owen votes to eliminate Duncan, but only because he eats more than Beth and Courtney.
Early in the episode, Owen tells Duncan how Alejandro eliminated Bridgette and Leshawna, prompting Duncan to agree to help Alejandro throw Courtney off her game using the same strategy. However, this instead strains Duncan's relationship with Gwen as Gwen mistakenly assumes that Duncan still has feelings for Courtney. Duncan and Alejandro also laugh at Owen's misfortunes throughout the episode.
- Owen and Duncan have many similarities pertaining to their placements:
- Both have the top two highest amounts of participation of all the males, and the second and third-highest overall (behind Heather). Owen has competed in sixty-two episodes, while Duncan has competed in fifty-nine.
- Both are the only two males to return to a season after being previously eliminated.
- Coincidentally, they each returned in the season after the season they won as:
- Owen won Total Drama Island and returned in Total Drama Action.
- Duncan won Total Drama Action and returned in Total Drama World Tour.
- Coincidentally, they each returned in the season after the season they won as:
- Both are the only two contestants to make it to the merge in every season that they have participated in so far, although both had to return once in order to do so.
- Both are the only contestants to make it to the final four twice in a row, as both made it to the final four in Total Drama Island and Total Drama Action.
- Both are the only two male contestants to reach the final five more than once.
- Both are also two of the three contestants overall to reach the final five more than once. The other being Heather.
- Both were eliminated in the twenty-fourth episode of the season where the other won. Duncan was eliminated in episode twenty-four of Total Drama Island, while Owen was eliminated in episode twenty-four of Total Drama Action.
- Both have supported each other to win in the season that they each won in.
- Both are the last-ranking two male contestants in the first two seasons.
- While Owen is the first original contestant to make a guest appearance in a pre-merge episode (which is also the first episode of the season) of Total Drama: Revenge of the Island, Duncan is the first original contestant to make a guest appearance in a post-merge episode (which is also the episode the teams merged).
- Both lost their mind and dressed up as a wild man at one point in the series:
- Both were never eliminated regularly until their elimination in Total Drama World Tour.
- Both dated a girl for three seasons before they broke up with them.