As they were placed on different teams, Duncan and Mike do not interact much in the beginning of Total Drama All-Stars. However, Duncan's heroic action in Saving Private Leechball gives Chris the opportunity to replace Courtney with him on the Heroic Hamsters. Although Duncan is often shown to want to become a villain again, he behaves civilly towards his new teammates, including Mike. Overtime, Duncan notices that Mike's voice sounds "kind of familiar" but couldn't remember their history together until he hears Mike's evil alternate personality whistling. Duncan reveals to the audience in No One Eggspects The Spanish Opposition that he knows Mike from juvenile prison, known then as a highly dangerous inmate named Mal. Realizing he and the other contestants are in serious trouble, Duncan tries to warn them of the truth, only for no one else to believe him except Mike's girlfriend, Zoey.
At the beginning of the episode, Mike seems genuinely happy to have Duncan on his team, celebrating his arrival along with Sam, Sierra, and Zoey. Duncan is annoyed by the gesture, thinking they are putting him on a pedestal in order to vote him off later, but accepts the cake. Later in the episode, when Duncan denies cheering for Sam as he doesn't want to lose his "bad boy status," Mike reassures him that "it's okay to be a team player." Duncan however looks at him strangely and notes that his voice sounds familiar.
In the woods, Duncan comes across Mal speaking to a blue harvest moon-affected bird and demands to know where he knows him from. Pretending to be Mike at the time, Mal tries to cover up by stating his past Total Drama experience. Duncan, however, doesn't buy it. Before he has a chance to figure out his identity, Mal sets the bird free. It scares Duncan so severely he runs off, as Mal laughs at his expense.Boney Island, during which their past finally hits Duncan. He reveals in the confessional that he and Mike were in juvie simultaneously, and the latter was called "Mal" at the time. Duncan then elaborates that he was "running the place" and is "bad news."
While Mike is still on exile, Duncan approaches Zoey and explains how he knew her boyfriend previously, as well as informing her about his evil personality. The lack of familiarity on Mal's end is explained by the fact that Duncan steered clear of him. During the challenge, Duncan and Zoey witness how Mal ruthlessly clobbers Izzy. They are further convinced that Mike is Mal when Izzy mentions Mal's name. That night, Duncan and Zoey consider the possibility that Mike is actually an alternate personality, while Mal is the real one. Duncan later states Mal was saved only because his own team could not vote.
- This is the third pair to have known each other in some way prior to the show, the other two being Katie and Sadie and Amy and Samey.
- Both of them were involved in a love triangle in the show. Additionally, both involved two females conflicting over them.
- Both of them have been the first contestant to be eliminated after the merge in a season.
- Mike was eliminated in Grand Chef Auto in Total Drama: Revenge of the Island.
- Duncan was eliminated in You Regatta Be Kidding Me in Total Drama All-Stars.
- Both reached the finale in the second season they participated in.
- Both have theme music dedicated to them. While all of Mike's personalities have their own distinctive theme, notably, Vito shares the same theme as Duncan.
- Both of them, along with Chris, Beth, Lindsay and Izzy, have a known prison record.
|Interactions with||Everyone | Alejandro | Beth | Bridgette | Chef Hatchet | Chris | Cody | Courtney | DJ | Geoff | Gwen | Harold | Heather | Leshawna | Mike | Owen | Trent | Zoey|
|Other content||Guys' alliances | Petey | Scruffy|
|Interactions with||Anne Maria | Cameron | Duncan | Scott | Zoey|
|Other content||Mike's alternate personalities|