- For the article on the Drop of Shame drop zone that is featured in Total Drama World Tour itself, view this article.
The player controls either Sierra or Ezekiel, while using the arrow keys on the keyboard to evade or grab onto objects. The longer you stay in the air, the more points you get. The "heavy objects" are the objects that the player is supposed to avoid. This includes a piano, an anvil, and a bowling ball. These objects increase the speed of the player's descent. The "light objects" are the objects the player should grab onto. This includes a black umbrella, a pack of balloons tied together, and a single green balloon. These objects help slow down the player's descent, increasing their score.
Heavy objects fall from the top of the screen while light objects rise from the bottom of the screen. The pack of balloons sometimes drift across the screen. Catching these raises the player up a short distance, increasing their fall time even more and adding to the score. However, the balloons burst a few seconds after being grabbed.
Ezekiel's level is based on the events of Walk Like An Egyptian - Part 1, when Chris gets annoyed with him and proceeds to throw him out of the plane. The player then begins to control the screaming Ezekiel, making him grab onto the light objects. If the player fails to do so, they'll have a high chance of getting hit by a heavy object, which will bring their speedometer down. The more it goes down, the less chance the player has of winning the game. During the player's fall, squirrels, chipmunks, pandas, or other Total Drama contestants might fall down behind the player in the background. The player may also see Chef in a hot air balloon flying behind them. If the player lands safely, they will fall into a forest and be cheered on by animals, such as a bear, Sasquatchanakwa, a panda bear, a squirrel, a monkey, the baby seal, and the goat. However, if the player fails to land safely, they will land in a dirty dumpster. Two anvils will then fall on his back and legs, respectively.
Sierra and Chris are standing in the elimination area, and the former gleefully runs and jumps right out the door, failing to first take the parachute that Chris is holding in his hands. Once again, the player needs to make Sierra evade the heavy objects, and grab onto the light objects. During the fall, squirrels, chipmunks, panda bears, or other Total Drama contestants appear in the background. If the player fails to complete the game properly, Sierra will fall into the dumpster and two anvils will land on her back and legs as well. However, if the player completes the game properly, she will land safely on her feet and cheer in excitement.
- The panda, goat, seal, and monkey that appear in Total Pandamonium also appear in this game.
- Team Chris Is Really Really Really Really Hot is the only team from Total Drama World Tour to not have a member as a playable character in this game.
- However, if you count Sierra's short time on their team, each team has had a player on their team in the game.
- The contestants that can be seen falling in the background are Cody, Gwen, Leshawna, Owen, and Tyler.
- When Gwen, Tyler, and Owen are falling in the background, they have the same poses that they have during Before We Die.
- Chef Hatchet can be seen flying a hot air balloon in the background.
- When the player loses and falls into the garbage, the following objects are seen in the pile:
- A grenade.
- A paintball gun.
- A wine bottle and glass.
- A beach ball.
- A piece of wood.
- A bowling ball.
- Other random objects.
- The pose Ezekiel is in when he lands in the dumpster is the same one he has when he plummets to the ground at the end of the Total Drama World Tour opening sequence.
- The animation of Sierra jumping is taken from Picnic at Hanging Dork, when she is jumping off the cliff in the second part of the challenge, while the pose displays when she wins is from Niagara Brawls, when she demands to kiss Cody.
- Although Sierra is featured in the game, she never actually takes the Drop of Shame, as she was disqualified when she blew up the Total Drama Jumbo Jet in Awwwwww, Drumheller.
- Although Lindsay is one of the characters displayed on the game's home page, she is not playable in the game.
- Also, despite Owen being showed about to fall off the plane on the iPod loading screen, he is not a playable character either.
- Drop of Shame was the fourth Total Drama app to be available for download in the App Store, the others being Total Pandamonium, Flight Simmerator and Total Drama Freezer Burn. All of the games have since been removed.
- The application for the game was called "Drop 'o' Shame", instead of its regular title.
- When Ezekiel is thrown out of the plane at the beginning of his level, and when the player wins the game as him, the little ball on top of his toque is missing.
- In the Cartoon Network commercial for the game, Ezekiel can be heard screaming while he is falling in the demonstration, with his screams stopping whenever he grabs onto a "light" object. However, in the actual game, there is no screaming, or any sounds at all, heard from either Ezekiel or Sierra throughout the entire game.
- There is a known glitch that occurs if the player is about to win, but carries on a heavy object at the last minute, resulting with Ezekiel or Sierra in the winner's area but in their losing positions.