The two teams participate in a five round game of dodgeball. One team dominates the other team thanks to two members displaying surprising skill - that is, until someone is forced to take charge of the opposing team, which turns the tides of the game. Ultimately, it is an unlikely hero who determines the final outcome for his team. Another camper is eliminated for throwing nothing but sarcasm at his team.
The episode opens with the two teams gathered in the main dining hall, where quite a few of the campers still show signs of fatigue from the previous episode's Awake-A-Thon challenge. The Killer Bass are especially tired, due to Harold's snoring keeping them up all night. Chris thinks most of them are hurting, but his comment is not well received by Duncan. Harold then enters, sporting a drawn mustache on his face, which he likes. He is followed by Gwen, who slumps onto the nearest table. Meanwhile Heather gives Beth and Lindsay a review of the alliance rules, and explains that Heather is allowed to use anything belonging to Lindsay and Beth, but her stuff is strictly off-limits. Lindsay tries to object this, but she keeps quiet when Heather threatens to throw her out of the alliance. Heather asks Lindsay and Beth if they "want to have some fun", then proceeds to mock the Killer Bass for losing two challenges in a row. Courtney flings some oatmeal at Heather in retaliation, but Heather dodges, and it hits Gwen in the face instead. Chris then tells the campers that the next challenge begins in ten minutes.
On what looks like a court with clear glass walls, the two teams gather with Duncan, still exhausted from the last challenge, who collapses onto one of the bleacher rows and threatens his team not to wake him up or it would be the last thing they do. Courtney blames Harold's snoring for Duncan's bad mood, but he loudly tells her that his problem is a medical condition. Chef Hatchet, dressed as a referee, blows a whistle to silence the teams. Chris explains that the teams will be playing the classic game of dodgeball and goes over the rules. The Screaming Gophers have to sit out one person per game; Noah immediately volunteers to sit out with Gwen. During the first round of the challenge, Heather exchanges an in-game insult towards the opposite team by calling them "fishies", Tyler responds, "Oh, you're going down! We're gonna bring the dinner to the table and then we're gonna eat it!", much to his teammates' chagrin. As they begin, Cody throws a dodgeball at Tyler, which enrages him. Tyler over-hyped his abilities in dodgeball and ended up hitting Sadie on his team's bench. Soon, Owen knocks Tyler out of the game.
Harold attempts to use his martial arts skills to throw his dodgeball, but with no actual muscle power behind his throw, it goes less than a foot, not even reaching its intended target, Leshawna. The ball barely rolls over the line, allowing Leshawna to quickly makes short work of Harold by throwing him out. Katie then knocks Lindsay out of the round. Tyler flirts with Lindsay, which Heather sees and angrily throws a dodgeball at Tyler, hitting him in the groin. Courtney scolds on Heather of hitting him even though he is out. Courtney then attempts to respond to Heather by throwing a dodgeball at her direction, but Owen catches it, eliminating Courtney. Near the end of the round, after eliminating Leshawna, DJ and Katie manage to corner Cody, the only Gopher standing. However, Cody proves to be an expert dodgeball player by using his skills to make the ball work like a boomerang to take out DJ by surprise. Then by rubbing the dodgeball on his shirt, he manages to use static electricity to guide the ball to hit Katie. With Katie eliminated, the Screaming Gophers win the first game in a best three out of five series.
Courtney believes Tyler isn't worth having on the court this round, due to the poor aim of his last shot. However, he convinces her and the others that it was just a warm-up throw, and he could dominate the game if they give him all the balls. The rest of his team agrees to his conditions and let him hold all the balls. However Tyler doesn't fare any better than before, with all the thrown balls flying wildly out of control. Nearly hitting Chef, Chris, and the Gophers who are on the bench. The last one finally hits an active player on the Gopher team, but of all people, it turns out to be Lindsay. Tyler cries out as he rushes to her and picks her up. Due to Lindsay's general clueless nature, she had gotten herself hit in the face with dodgeballs numerous times, making her face a bruised mess. Tyler assures her that she doesn't look that bad, and despite it being against the alliance rules, Lindsay agrees to go on a walk with him. Trent softly tosses a ball at Tyler to eliminate him from the game, prompting Tyler and Lindsay to leave the court.
Suddenly, Owen becomes overcome with a sudden rage and starts taking dodgeballs out of his teammates' hands and utilizes them to knock out every single Bass player on his own, earning his team their second win. Afterward, he admits he doesn't know what got into him. Heather points out to the Bass that the score is now two-zero, and if they lose the next game, they would lose the entire challenge and end up in yet another Campfire Ceremony. Courtney was determined to not let this happen. Without Eva, Courtney looks to Duncan to aid the team with his fierce, merciless nature. The Bass team is too afraid to awaken him, but through a joint effort and poking him with a stick, they all wake him up and inform him of the situation they were in. Duncan asks Courtney why he should help them, and Courtney threatens that he would undeniably be eliminated next if their team lost the challenge. Not wanting to take any chances, Duncan concedes and participates, but only on the condition that everyone follows all of his orders.
Duncan implements his "Rush the New Guy" strategy, which basically meant that everyone on the team throws their ball at the same person, making it almost impossible for that person to escape. It takes all of the Screaming Gophers by surprise when Owen, the strongest dodgeball player on the team is taken down by the strategy. With Owen eliminated, the rest of Gophers are taken down one by one. The Killer Bass have earned their first win. Noah, who had refused to participate at all in this challenge, criticizes his team and hypocritically urges them to put more effort into their game, which angers several of his teammates. Heather becomes angry, not willing to let the Killer Bass strike back successfully the next time. She then notices that Lindsay is still missing, so she goes off to find her. Lindsay is found cuddling with Tyler under the boat deck. Furious at Lindsay for breaking alliance rules, Heather throws a canoe on Tyler then drags Lindsay back to the court. When Heather returns, she asks the others how they are faring in Round Four, but quickly sees that her team is getting slaughtered again by Duncan's strategy. The Killer Bass win again, tying up the scores. The next round would decide the winner of the challenge overall and which team sends someone home.
For the final game, Harold is tired of sitting out and wants to play for his team, but Courtney adamantly refuses to let him play. This round carries on for a while, with numerous players rotating throughout the duration of the game. Eventually, Geoff, who pitied Harold, allowed him to take his place in the game this time. Duncan instructed Harold to stay in the back of the court. Gwen nails Courtney in the face with the dodgeball, saying it was revenge for the oatmeal earlier that day, which causes Leshawna to make one of her many sassy remarks. One by one, the Gophers and Bass take each other out until it comes down to the final players of each team: Owen for the Gophers and Harold for the Bass. Knowing they had this win for certain, the Gophers are already cheering in victory. Owen, with all his might, hurls four dodgeballs at Harold, but Harold shows a certain strength that no one had seen before: his expert reflexes. He successfully dodges every single ball Owen threw at him. Amazed, Courtney calls for a time-out as they tend to Harold and ask him how he was able to dodge so skillfully. Harold explains that he had taken figure-skating classes. Geoff compliments his talent, but tells him that dodging isn't enough to win the game. Courtney concurs and asks Harold if he would be able to catch the ball, since it was already well-known that Harold had no chance of throwing out Owen due to his weakness. Harold assured her that he could catch the ball.
The game then resumes, and Owen uses all of his strength to throw a single dodgeball at Harold that would hit him for sure. It does, and the force behind Owen's throw was hard enough to drive Harold into the glass wall. He slides down to the floor, but reveals that he had caught the ball and had never let go of it. The Killer Bass win the round, and the entire game. Shocked at this fluke, Owen wails in defeat. The Bass carry off Harold in celebration while Chris asks the Gophers what happened. Noah blames the loss on a weak effort by his teammates, but Gwen, Heather, and the others, noting Noah's total lack of participation, tell him to shut it and storm off. At the Campfire Ceremony, Chris hands out marshmallows to Owen, Gwen, Cody, Trent, Heather, Beth, Justin, Leshawna, and Izzy. The bottom two is Lindsay and Noah, and the final marshmallow goes to Lindsay. Noah, although seeming quite confident before the final marshmallow was given out, is voted off and looks very shocked. He then complains and tells his team that they just voted off the only person who had any brains at all, but this statement falls on deaf ears. They respond to him by throwing all of their marshmallows at him, and Leshawna insults Noah by calling him a "turkey". Unfazed, Noah takes his leave off the island. Chris acknowledges that it wasn't the most dramatic bonfire ceremony ever, but figures that it's okay since he still gets paid for efforts and then signs off.
|Stephanie Anne Mills||Lindsay|
- Beth, Bridgette, Chef, Cody, Izzy, Justin, Katie, Sadie, and Trent appear; however, they have no lines. Though, Katie, Sadie, and Bridgette are heard cheering when the Killer Bass won. Trent could be heard cheering when Harold gets back on the court against Owen.
- Heather is the only camper who is not seen being hit by a dodgeball.
- Katie is the only player shown on-screen playing dodgeball for all five matches.
- This is one of two episodes in the series to be referenced in the game show Jeopardy! along with Brunch of Disgustingness, during this game.
- When Cody jumps in front of Gwen to save her from a dodgeball, which then hits him in the groin, is similar to later in the series, when Sierra shields Cody in Sweden Sour and later when Duncan shields Gwen in Saving Private Leechball.
- Noah becomes the second person never to earn a marshmallow with Ezekiel being the first.
- This episode marks the first time the Screaming Gophers lose and the first time the Killer Bass win a challenge.
- Owen and Gwen are the first two members of the Screaming Gophers to earn a marshmallow. Coincidentally, they are the final two in Total Drama Island.
- They are also the final two campers left on the Screaming Gophers in the final round.
- The way Harold dodges Owen's balls in the fifth round is a reference to the film The Matrix.
- Chris states, "The first rule of dodgeball is..." to which Noah responds, "Do not talk about dodgeball?". This is a reference to the famous Fight Club quote.
- The way a few red and white stars flew around on a black screen while "POW!" sound effects played, after Owen was hit by four dodgeballs in a row, is a parody of Tom and Jerry's hit effect.
- Owen mentions The Great Gatsby, written by F. Scott Fitzgerald, in the second round.
- DJ and Gwen both throwing the balls and hitting each other at the same time could be a reference to a scene in Kill Bill.
- Heather calls Gwen a Sleeping Beauty.
- At multiple times, the bleachers change directions.
- When Geoff lets Harold play in the last round, right when he hands him the ball, there is another ball right on top of Sadie's head. There is no explanation for it being there, even the possibility it might be the ball that Heather threw at Tyler's groin earlier.
- When people are cheering most of the time, Heather can be heard saying "We won!" even when no one wins, or only the Bass have something to cheer about.
- There is even a moment when the shot cuts to scowling Heather while her voice can still be heard cheering.
- When Harold attempts to hit Leshawna with a ball, Courtney's hair is longer and angled downward.
- When the Killer Bass decide they need to wake up Duncan, Courtney tells Harold that aside from Trent, he is the worst at dodgeball. As Trent was on the other team, Courtney should have said that it was Tyler that was the worst, not Trent.
- This goof does not appear on the Netflix version of this episode.
- At the beginning of the campfire ceremony, Heather has her hair in a ponytail. However, when she goes to get her marshmallow, her ponytail is gone.
- During the Campfire Ceremony, Noah is initially sitting to Justin's left. However, when Justin is called to get his marshmallow, the seat to his left is empty, despite Noah not having been called.
- When Owen and Harold go to face each other, the close-up of Owen shows three balls next to him and one in his hand. But when it closes out to the view of the entire court, he has four on the ground and one in his hand.
- Lindsay gets hit in the face with dodgeballs and her face gets lumpy and swollen. However, just before Tyler throws his last ball, her face is perfectly normal. Yet when the ball makes contact, it's swollen again.
- Right before the Screaming Gophers' bonfire ceremony, when the Killer Bass are congratulating Harold for winning the challenge for them, Bridgette wasn't seen.
- If one looks closely when the Gophers are all walking away from Noah after the game is over, Leshawna is briefly seen walking on air before stepping off the bleachers.
- At two points in the episode, the hair under Katie's ear disappears.
- When the Gophers are walking away from the bleachers towards the end of the episode, the lines on Lindsay's skirt are vertical instead of horizontal.
- When Gwen is hit with the oatmeal during breakfast, her bangs are missing.
- When Katie and DJ glare at Cody, Katie's eyebrows are missing.
- After the Killer Bass huddle up, Tyler is seen with four dodgeballs and the Screaming Gophers with three, even though they started with only six balls.
- Several of Duncan's piercings disappears several times throughout the episode.
- The symbol on Tyler's jacket inverts several times throughout the episode.
- Noah's undershirt behind his collar disappears many times throughout the episode.
- During and after the scene when Harold arrives with his mustache, Leshawna and Izzy are missing from the Gopher's table.
- On Netflix, the episode is titled "DodgeBrawl", with a capital "B".
- Chris tells the Screaming Gophers that they will have to sit one person out each round, despite them actually being two campers ahead of the Killer Bass. Additionally, only five players compete in each round, thus rendering Chris's instructions useless.