| Killer Bass|
|Episode Eliminated|| TDI: Hook, Line, and Screamer|
TDA: The Sand Witch Project
TDWT: Jamaica Me Sweat
|Place|| TDI: 8th|
|Family||Mother, Brothers (names unknown)|
|Friends||Beth, Bridgette, Cody, Duncan, Geoff, Gwen, Harold, Katie, Leshawna, Lindsay, Owen, Trent, Tyler|
|Enemies||Alejandro, Courtney, Chef Hatchet|
|Nicknames||Buddy, Brickhouse; Bro; Poopydoo; Dorkahontas; Deej; Mt. DJ; Mama's Boy|
|Voiced by||Clé Bennet|
Devon "DJ" Joseph, labeled The Brickhouse With Heart, was a camper on Total Drama Island as a member of the Killer Bass. He was also a cast member on Total Drama Action as a member of the Screaming Gaffers. He returned for Total Drama World Tour, and was the last member of Team Victory to be eliminated. He was seen with the original contestants on a yacht in the first episode of Total Drama: Revenge of the Island, and had a cameo appearance in Eat, Puke and Be Wary.
In Not So Happy Campers - Part 1, DJ is the second contestant and first male to arrive on the island. Upon arriving, the island isn't exactly what DJ expected, saying it looked different in the application form.
In Not So Happy Campers - Part 2, DJ and Courtney both chickened out of the cliff-dive, costing their team the challenge, as DJ refused to do it due to a fear of both heights and water. However, Ezekiel is eliminated that night instead of DJ or Courtney because of the sexist comments about women he had made earlier that day.
In The Big Sleep, DJ remains quiet for the whole episode, but does fairly well in the twenty kilometer run. In the "Awake-A-Thon" challenge, DJ ties himself to a tree to prevent falling asleep, but ultimately falls asleep somewhere in between the twenty and forty hour mark, taking the tree down with him.
In Dodgebrawl, he competes in almost all of the rounds of the challenge and did pretty well in them. In the first round, he is able to get most of the Gophers out, with the exception of Cody. Later, when the score is two to zero, most of the team wants Duncan to play, to which DJ points out that he might kill them if someone wakes him up. He cheers for Harold in the final round and carries him after the victory.
DJ performs his ribbon dance in Not Quite Famous. During the audition, he does well and is signed up to perform in the talent show challenge. While practicing, DJ and the other guys bet Bridgette that she couldn't stand on her hands for twenty minutes. During the talent show, he messed up and only won his team two points.
In The Sucky Outdoors, DJ shows a liking for animals, as he finds a bunny in the woods and befriends it. DJ has a fear of water, as revealed in Up the Creek, after an incident in which he received an extreme wedgie after he dived into the water, which led to him having to go to the hospital to get his shorts removed from his butt. Geoff, however, helped him conquer his fear of water after DJ gave him advice on how to get Bridgette's attention, even though he doesn't have a girlfriend himself. This proved helpful as the incident is what allowed DJ to push his team to victory in the canoe challenge.
In Paintball Deer Hunter, DJ is cast as a deer, in which he embraces his role and perfectly mimics a deer (to the point where he even eats grass and runs on all fours), even when being chased by Owen. When he realized that Owen had no paintballs left, DJ tossed him over the cliff.Despite being kindhearted, DJ does join Geoff and Duncan in playing pranks on Harold in If You Can't Take The Heat... (although they were just trying to teach him a lesson about leaving his dirty underwear out in the cabin). He even helps bring Harold's bunk out to the dock so the girls would see him naked.
In Who Can You Trust?, DJ asks Geoff to look after Bunny for him, but due to Geoff's carelessness, Bunny gets eaten by a snake, which gets taken by an eagle, which gets eaten by a shark. However, Geoff tells DJ that Bunny simply ran off, leaving DJ in tears. However, during the "Blind Toboggan Race," Duncan finds him a new bunny, expressing how Duncan had lost his dog after it ran away when he was a child. He did not want DJ to go through the same ordeal, although he kept that sentiment well-hidden from DJ.
DJ is shown to be very unstable during the horror movie challenge to the point where he jumps into Leshawna's arms out of sheer fright. Later, DJ needs to go to the bathroom and takes Geoff with him to make sure he won't be attacked and "killed." However, once he steps into the bathroom he sees Heather with a facial mask, shaving her legs. This sight scares DJ so much that he runs away, making a hole in the door in the process. DJ is one of the participants to warn Gwen that the real psycho killer is after her. Later, Chris announces that DJ did the worst out of every contestant in the challenge since he was already scared when the "killer" didn't even get to him and that he is eliminated. Before boarding the Boat of Losers, DJ shares a group hug with everyone, even Heather.
In Haute Camp-ture, DJ is seen taking care of Bunny the whole episode. However, he loses him several times, due to the fact that Bunny is accident-prone. Later, when Chris asks the 'losers' the person in the final five that they wanted to win, DJ states that Duncan should win due to him finding Bunny and his dodgeball strategy in Dodgebrawl.
In The Very Last Episode, Really!, Gwen mentions she considers him as one of the sane people she has met on the show. When he arrives at the island with the other losers, he sits on Gwen's side, but after Owen mentions his party, DJ switches sides. At the beginning of the special, he was the only person who noticed Tyler drowning in the pool. So he ran into the pool and saved Tyler's life. Tyler was then pushing on his leg to get his energy back. DJ teams up with Tyler, Owen and Cody in Total Drama, Drama, Drama, Drama Island. When he and his alliance were searching for the case, DJ pointed it out in a tree and he encourages Tyler to get the case down. Much later, the alliance had the case again, but they are caught in a hot air balloon controlled by Courtney. She threatens to kill the four of them for the case. When they jumped out of the balloon, she grabbed the case. DJ is one of the fourteen campers that will move on to Total Drama Action.
In Monster Cash, DJ makes his debut onto season two, and takes a tour of the abandoned film lot with the other contestants and Chris. After seeing how scary and huge the animatronic monster was, DJ fainted. He was upset when Owen picked the squashed trailer. He did nothing after that.
In the second episode, DJ teams up with Gwen, Trent, and Duncan to find alien eggs. He is notably annoyed, along with the other contestants, with Bridgette and Geoff's constant kissing. When he is shot with a paintball, he tells the others to go on without him. He most likely voted for both Bridgette and Geoff that night, as he said that at least they would be together. In Riot On Set, DJ is chosen by Gwen to be on the Screaming Gaffers. DJ's attitude seems to be that of the attitude of his mother, as being a neat-freak. Chef notices DJ's actions and pulls him aside. He tells DJ that they need to stick together, and Chef will teach DJ how to be a man. DJ agrees to this, unknown of the cheating Chef would show DJ in the future.In Beach Blanket Bogus, Chef begins giving DJ advice as of how to win challenges and how to act tougher, such as not to be ashamed when rendered nude and not to become a victim in challenges like the sandcastle-building contest. Chef also takes DJ in as a apprentice chef, presumably beginning in The Chefshank Redemption. Noticing that Chef's cooking usually has terrible taste, DJ adds in some of his mother's special spice, in order to add good flavor to them. Chef also began taking DJ away from his team in order to train him to become tougher, such as in the beginning of the episode, when the males were attempting to break out of their trailer and Justin and Duncan began to question where DJ, who at that time was in the kitchen with Chef, was. DJ is also seen assisting Chef cook in One Flu Over the Cuckoos, while the two of them were making pizza. This was another occasion where DJ's absence was questioned, this time by Heather, but DJ was quick enough to be able to slip out of the kitchen and claim that he had been there the entire time without garnering any suspicion. He and Heather work together to help the Gaffers "win," or so they think. Soon after Owen gets a "sore,” DJ gets one as well and is quarantined in a bubble. At the end of the episode, DJ finds out that Chef had tainted the pizza with itching powder and laxatives, which causes DJ to feel betrayed and questioning how Chef could have done such an underhanded thing. In the end DJ agrees with the other Gaffers that Leshawna deserves the reward.
In The Sand Witch Project, the guilt due to being in an illegal alliance eventually becomes too much for DJ to handle. DJ began to have dreams and hallucinations about his mother becoming very angry with him and telling him that "nobody likes a cheater" and that she didn't raise him to cheat. Chef also became much more involved in helping DJ and his team win the challenges, which ended up getting him in trouble with the producers. During the Gilded Chris Ceremony at the end of the episode, DJ confessed to everyone on the show about his secret alliance with Chef, and asked to leave the competition, making him the second character in the Total Drama series to either vote or eliminate themselves (after Gwen merely two episodes ago).DJ later appears in The Aftermath: II, and his mother even appears in the audience. It is revealed that even though Chef had pampered him with many goods that the other castmates did not get to enjoy (such as fresh laundry, packages from home, and healthier food) as a result of their illegal alliance, Chef also forced DJ to compromise his own moral character by reading a script to make a fake confessional about how he didn't feel bad about doing whatever it took to win. During the "Truth or Anvil" segment of the show, DJ was nearly crushed by an anvil when he lied about not having a secret recipe for why his sandwiches tasted so wonderful. Frightened that another one would be coming after him, DJ finally came out and said that he added two pinches of Hungarian paprika to the mayonnaise as his secret touch.
Later on, when Gwen came on as a guest speaker, DJ was notably one of the only ones supporting her, as she had become incredibly unpopular with the audience and her fellow former contestants due to the events that transpired as a result from her breaking up with Trent and getting him eliminated from the contest. He applauded Gwen when she arrived on stage, complimented her when she advocated honestly in regards to relationship problems, and even saved her from a falling anvil (though it was Bridgette's lie that triggered it falling in the first place).
In The Aftermath: III, he is now a commentator, but he didn't say anything in the episode. He is sitting in Courtney's old seat (next to Katie) and he is near to Bridgette and Geoff's couch.
DJ was confused in The Aftermath: IV when Izzy said, "Hit it, DJ!" and asked what exactly he was hitting. She actually meant DJ Jazzy Chef when she said this. Chris later did the same thing when he says "Let's move on to DJ" and DJ Jazzy Chef thought it was him. DJ asked Beth and Duncan a question about riding their bikes down three paths, and Beth chose the better answer, in his opinion, by Beth saying she would jump off the bike. DJ chose Beth to win Total Drama Action because he thinks that she would make a gentle millionaire, and the world needs more of those. In the alternate ending, DJ carries Beth when she wins.
In Celebrity Manhunt's Total Drama Action Reunion Special, it is shown that DJ and his mom have started up a kitchen show after Total Drama Action. They were successful for a while, but got sued because their food was unhealthy. DJ, along with his mother, arrived to the red carpet on their tour bus. When asked by Sierra how it felt to "have it all" and then "lose it all," DJ responds with a simple "no biggie." Sierra is about to ask DJ who he can't stand in Total Drama, but DJ's mother slaps Sierra and says that she didn't raise her son to talk trash behind people's backs. The ex-contestants used DJ's tour bus to stop Chris from airing Total Drama Dirtbags. He qualifies for Total Drama World Tour and says he will buy his mom a house and a new bus if he wins.
In Walk Like An Egyptian - Part 1, DJ arrives carrying Owen off the bus, due to his fear of flights. He is shown comparing Alejandro as being as "smooth as momma's gravy," with Lindsay. This furthers Tyler's jealousy. He sang and danced with Leshawna in the first song of the season, Come Fly With Us. When they arrive in Egypt, DJ enters the pyramid with Harold and Leshawna. Later, he sees a mummified dog and touches it with affection. It disintegrates upon contact and turns out to be a trap. Scarabs come and chase them out of the pyramid, making them the first contestants to cross the finish line. They become members of Team Victory along with Ezekiel, Leshawna, Lindsay, Harold, and Bridgette.In Walk Like An Egyptian - Part 2, DJ doesn't speak very much. But in the beginning, he tries to stop Harold from using the stick that his team was given for the challenge as a weapon. In the process of taking it away, DJ throws it up in the air and it hits a bird. In the confessional, he claims that that kind of thing would never happen at home and that he loves animals. Later in the episode, his team ends up losing the challenge. At the elimination ceremony, DJ is in the bottom two for the first time ever along with Ezekiel (the one who voted for him), but he receives the final Barf Bag.
DJ is seen at the beginning of Super Happy Crazy Fun Time Japan commenting on Alejandro hitting on Leshawna. He then says in Before We Die he wants to see his mama before he dies. After everyone arrives in Tokyo, he is volunteered by his team to go into the pinball challenge with T'sing T'sing, a panda bear. He doesn't want to do it because he believes he is cursed from when he accidentally broke the mummified dog in the first episode. He now thinks he will hurt any animal that comes in contact with him. He ends up landing second place in the challenge and is devastated that he hurts the panda bear in the process. DJ believes that his continuously hurting animals could be due to a curse he received from accidentally destroying the mummified dog, and believes that it could become regular occurrence unless he is eliminated from the show. In the commercial challenge, DJ deliberately stands still and says nothing during his only line, in hopes that his team will vote him off for it if they lose. Even though Bridgette says his line for him, Team Victory still loses the challenge and DJ's plan works. He gets the most votes, including one from himself. Even T'sing T'sing votes for him after he recovers. DJ is supposed to be eliminated, but he is saved by Harold quitting as an "honorable act."
During Anything Yukon Do, I Can Do Better, he is seen with the rest of the team talking to Leshawna about Harold and how he gave her his Num-Yos. When Chris asked them to guess where they may be going, DJ asked a place with no panda bears. He is then seen to be the first to get out of the river and ends up being the sled dog for Team Victory. He is crying his eyes out because of the Yukon is in Canada and he is reminded of his momma's freezer. He is the first to put on his harness. Then, he is crying again due to Heather mentioning of him hurting animals, and again when Lindsay says the word home after they pick her up. He cries his eyes out so much, he froze his eyes shut, which Leshawna and Lindsay tell him that he hit a baby seal which he tries to save, but Leshawna and Lindsay trick him that it is okay and move on. DJ and the rest of Team Victory (excluding Bridgette) rush to the finish and manage to place first when Chris mentions they forgot Bridgette, which makes them last. DJ is the last person to get the barf bag in the elimination ceremony.DJ is a little depressed in the beginning of Broadway, Baby! that his team keeps on losing, but perks up after Lindsay gives her team a pep talk. Once on top of the Statue of Liberty, DJ is the one to retrieve the baby carriage which shows he is light on his feet. In the confessional, DJ says he walks on the edge of the curb instead of the sidewalk because he believes if he steps on a crack, he will break his mother's back. This shows he deeply cares for his mom and that he is superstitious. When the contestants sing What's Not To Love, he and Leshawna do a dance break, but Lindsay begs them to stop. He volunteers to retrieve the giant apple in the pond, but is attacked by snapping turtles. Once out of the pond, DJ tries to throw one turtle that he names Mr. Nibbler back into the pond. But it gets eaten by another giant turtle. DJ is shown slightly sadden by the fact he is cursed and his team is losing in Slap Slap Revolution. He tries to warn a seagull to go away in order to save it from getting hurt. Unfortunately, the seagull follows him and he throws the seagull into a meat grinder by accident, which upset him greatly. DJ also accidentally hurt a goat when he caught it and it hit a tree branch. He was chosen to dance for his team, but lost, and was in the bottom two yet again at elimination. In The Am-AH-Zon Race, DJ is guilty for voting Leshawna, stating that he should have left for hurting animals. Lindsay tries to cheer him up, telling him that if Tyler came back, then maybe they can be the "best team" ever. Chris walks in and tells them that the "best team" was in first class, in reference to Team Amazon. This devastates DJ even more. During the first part of the hike, Team Victory chooses the left path, and they make it to the zipline first, which gives them the privilege to use the only T-Bar available. DJ holds onto it and Lindsay rides on his back as they go down the zipline and across the Amazon River. Before sunset, they run into Chris again, and DJ asks him if he has any food, stating that he and Lindsay were starving. Chris tells him that since they're in still in first, they get to eat a large quantity of bananas. During the night, DJ accidentally slaps little monkeys all over his body, which he mistaken for bugs. After treating their wounds, he and Lindsay try to escape quietly, but he accidentally steps on a twig, and the monkeys attack him. When they reach Machu Picchu, Chris tells them that they're still in first place. DJ laments about his curse, stating that he deserved it, but Lindsay cheers him up, stating that they still got a chance at winning. Wiping his tears, he suggests that they should split up to cover more ground. Lindsay eventually finds it and wins the challenge for Team Victory. Then the two of them, Chris, and Team Chris is Really Really Really Really Hot quickly escape from Machu Picchu after Owen lifted a cursed pillar to the sun, causing the site to collapse. On the plane, DJ is seen enjoying first class with freshly baked cookies. Lindsay then asks him if Tyler can join them. After he agrees, she gives him a kiss on the cheek and runs of to find Tyler.
In Can't Help Falling in Louvre, DJ decides to become a vegan so that he doesn't harm any more animals, but tells Lindsay that he doesn't want his momma to know because she considers vegans to be "chicken loving, chickens.” During the statue challenge, DJ finds an Egyptian exhibit, containing the same mummified dog he destroyed in Egypt. He takes the mummified dog with him, planning to return it to Egypt in the hopes that it will end the curse that was put on him. He tries to get out of the museum with it, but is attacked by the baby seal, the bear, and Sasquatchanakwa. The dog is safe until it is destroyed by Izzy. He and Lindsay end up losing the challenge and he is perfectly fine with it because he wants to vote himself off, but Chris insists on a tiebreak challenge. During the walk-off challenge, he picked Gwen to be his model. He tries to make Gwen as bad as possible, hoping he will lose the challenge and be sent home. But Lindsay ends up losing, making DJ upset that he is safe.
In Newf Kids on the Rock, DJ continues to try to get himself eliminated by not trying in challenges. But throughout the episode, both teams try to form an alliance with him. Early in the episode, Owen tries to ask him for an alliance, but isn't sure how to do it. Noah tells him that it's like asking a girl out so Owen asks DJ out for Noah, misunderstanding what he said. Soon after, Tyler gets mad at DJ for being eliminated instead Lindsay and DJ says that he tried. When the contestants are shoved out of the plane and into the ocean, DJ begins to drown because he's not a great swimmer. Heather throws him a seat cushion from the plane which she grabbed for that reason. DJ still refuses to be in an alliance with her, but she stays back with him and his boat in the first part of the challenge to try and persuade him. When the song Sea Shanty Mix begins, DJ says that he won't sing so that he'll get eliminated, but accidentally ends up doing it anyway. He and Heather reach the shore easily and he is still determined to lose. Heather tricks him into drinking vinegar for the first part of the second challenge and he moves on to the second part. He accidentally deciphers Jerd McLean's confusing dialogue by simply saying that he needs to go to the bathroom. To finish the challenge, he just needs to kiss a fish passionately and he refuses at first. But Heather tries to persuade him that there is an Egyptian symbol on the fish and he may be able to reverse his curse by kissing it. He doesn't believe it at first, but Alejandro agrees with him saying that he should think of the animals. DJ does and ties for first place, keeping himself in the game. He thanks Alejandro when he doesn't hurt an animal for two full hours. It is later revealed that Alejandro painted the Egyptian symbol on the fish.By the beginning of Jamaica Me Sweat, DJ is collaborating with Team Chris Is Really Really Really Really Hot, but doesn't want to join them. He has adopted the cod he kissed in the previous episode and has named her "Irene.” He says in the confessional that ever since the "curse was broken" he is much more confident and that he's happy he has "Alejandro as an ally" since he is "trustworthy and loyal.” In a bout of dramatic irony Alejandro was planning to make DJ lose that day's challenge so he would be immediately eliminated. During the first challenge DJ has to try and recover Chef's karaoke jewelery from the bottom of a lake, but fails to do so and Team Amazon wins instead. During the bobsled challenge, DJ is initially the best at it and quickly takes the lead. Alejandro, fearing his plan is ruined, sabotages DJ by "secretly" telling Tyler that DJ's curse isn't really broken because the Egyptian symbol on the fish was fake; later he also smashes a plank off during the bobsled run to wreck the path for DJ. When DJ tries the sled a final time, he injures several seagulls and a walrus and finally runs off the sled when he hits the plank Alejandro broke, making him lose instantly. Before he is kicked off, Heather tells DJ she warned him about siding with Alejandro. During the elimination ceremony, DJ is immediately eliminated for being the last member of his team and after he leaps onto the beach, he gets attacked by a colony of red fire ants. His elimination officially dissolves Team Victory. In Aftermath: Revenge of the Telethon, DJ appeared as a guest during the aftermath after his recent elimination, and so then Geoff could get donations for the show, many of the animals that DJ had hurt before (such as the baby seal, baby goat, and monkey) were at the studio in cages. DJ almost pet the goat, but it roared him away. When the donations got to a certain price, Blaineley released the animals, which caused DJ to run away outside the studio. However, the animals did not chase after DJ - they instead attacked everyone else and attacked the camera.
DJ appeared in Aftermath Aftermayhem as a member of the peanut gallery. DJ was able to get a can, but it wasn't the right one to give him a potential second chance on Total Drama World Tour.
DJ then appeared in Hawaiian Style, when Bridgette asked for everybody to confirm if it was Alejandro's doings that got them eliminated, DJ raised his hand. DJ was later seen supporting Cody later on. He didn't do much later on.
In Hawaiian Punch, DJ was seen supporting Cody again. He looked at Alejandro angrily when Alejandro forcefully knocked Cody off of the platform, and into the shark infested water during the tie-breaking challenge. He, along with everybody else, swam away from the island when the volcano erupted and laughed when Chris and Chef's boat sank. In the alternate ending, he was seen cheering with everybody else when Heather defeated Alejandro.Bigger! Badder! Brutal-er!, DJ appears on the yacht with the other twenty-three original contestants. He is seen dancing alongside Harold and Leshawna.
DJ returns in Eat, Puke and Be Wary, tied to a dolly by Chef. He is annoyed that he has come back to Camp Wawanakwa, as he had vowed never to return again as long as he lived, but was forced to due to his contract. Chef forces DJ to judge the final four's meals that they created from ingredients in the woods. He doesn't like any of them, and when Scott's quiche grows an eyeball, DJ screams in horror. He rips through the rope that is tying him down and runs away screaming.
- View this video for DJ's audition tape.
- DJ is the first male contestant to arrive on Total Drama Island.
- DJ is one of the few characters to have their ethnicity verified. His Total Drama Island: Totally Interactive! bio refers to him as Jamaican.
- DJ, Izzy, and Anne Maria are the only contestants to leave in an episode where their team wins.
- Sierra also was eliminated in an episode she won in, however, this was after the merge.
- DJ is one of the four contestants to be involved in a double elimination, but did not leave at the same time, as he left after Izzy in Jamaica Me Sweat. The others being Cody and Heather in Hawaiian Punch.
- DJ is one of the few campers to curse, and he was also the first to do so. The others being Courtney, Izzy, Lindsay, Owen, Heather, and Alejandro.
- DJ is one of the few characters who selflessly argued that he should be kicked off instead of someone else. In this case, either Lindsay or Justin. DJ is also only one to actually win his argument.
- DJ, along with Leshawna, is one of the only characters that never got a final marshmallow in a Campfire Ceremony in Total Drama Island.
- Both times DJ was eliminated in Total Drama Island and Total Drama Action, the episodes were based on horror.
- DJ is the only member of Team Victory to compete in a double digit episode of Total Drama World Tour.
- DJ was the tallest contestant, and is the second-tallest character overall (only behind Chef Hatchet) in the original cast.
- He was eventually surpassed by a mutated Dakota.
- Chef is somewhat responsible for DJ's first two eliminations, as is DJ himself:
- DJ is one of the few contestants to have never been regularly voted off. The others being Sierra, Alejandro, Anne Maria, Mike, Zoey, Lightning, and Cameron.
- In Hook, Line, and Screamer, DJ was eliminated due to poor performance in the challenge.
- In The Sand Witch Project, DJ quit.
- In Jamaica Me Sweat, DJ was eliminated due to coming in last and being the only one left on his team.
- However, he would have been voted off by his teammates in Super Happy Crazy Fun Time Japan, had Harold not quit before DJ could take the Drop of Shame.
- DJ is the first contestant in the series to have an alliance with an authority figure. The others being Owen, Ezekiel, and Blaineley.
- He is also the first of only two contestants to be aligned with Chef Hatchet. The other being Blaineley.
- DJ was eliminated in both of the horror-themed episodes of the first two seasons (Hook, Line, and Screamer in Total Drama Island and The Sand Witch Project in Total Drama Action).
- Oddly, DJ was eliminated in the challenge before the horror challenge in Total Drama World Tour.
- DJ is the first contestant to ever quit the competition.
- He is also the only contestant to quit in Total Drama Action,
- DJ, along with Harold, Chris, Courtney, and Owen, appear in a Cartoon Network parody called "Total Drama Reality."
- DJ has been on the same team as Harold in the first three seasons, as both were on the Killer Bass, Screaming Gaffers, and Team Victory.
- DJ is the only contestant with a family member that has taken an active part in the competition at some point.
- DJ was the second contestant to be cursed, the first being Beth.
- DJ has been in the bottom two more consecutive times than any other character - he has been in the bottom two four times in a row in Total Drama World Tour.
- DJ is the only contestant to be in the bottom two in every elimination ceremony that his team has attended before his elimination.
- DJ is one of the eight contestants to be the highest ranking members of their team. The others being Duncan, Owen, Beth, Alejandro, Heather, Cameron, and Lightning.
- DJ is the only one of them to never reach the final two.
- DJ is the only member of Team Victory to outlast another contestant that isn't on his team.
- Coincidentally, DJ lived in Jamaica when he was younger, and was eliminated there in Total Drama World Tour.
- Even before Total Drama World Tour, DJ has been seen having bad luck with animals (mostly his two bunnies):
- In the opening song of Total Drama Island, DJ is seen being attacked by several small creatures.
- The first Bunny was eaten by a viper and then by an eagle and then by a shark (not his fault this time).
- In No Pain, No Game, DJ's torture was being constricted by a large snake.
- In Hide and Be Sneaky, Owen and DJ get caught after both of them tried to reach a tiny bird on the roof.
- In Haute Camp-ture, his second bunny was kidnapped by an eagle while he was petting him and then fell in Cody's barbecue, escaping when Cody opened it. Shortly after, DJ had Bunny (now bandaged) sent flying after hitting with too much strength the end table it was on.
- In Total Drama, Drama, Drama, Drama Island, he, Tyler, Cody and Owen were hanging from Courtney's balloon while a bear was climbing the rope after them.
- DJ received the last Barf Bag of Total Drama World Tour in Slap Slap Revolution.
- He also receives the most barf bags in Total Drama World Tour, along with Lindsay, with four each.
- This is due to their team being the only one to have Barf Bags at the cermonies.
- He also receives the most barf bags in Total Drama World Tour, along with Lindsay, with four each.
- DJ is the third contestant on the show to ever throw a challenge, the first two being Gwen and Trent.
- DJ and Bridgette are the only two contestants that are vegetarians.
- DJ is the only contestant confirmed to be a vegan.
- It is currently unknown if DJ is still a vegan, as it was probably only a one time gag.
- DJ is the only contestant confirmed to be a vegan.
- DJ has been eliminated back-to-back with Izzy in the first three seasons.
- DJ, along with Lindsay, Izzy, Tyler, Courtney, Sierra, and Cody, doesn't sing in the episode he's eliminated in Total Drama World Tour.
- As revealed in a Total Drama World Tour bonus clip, DJ's first pet was an alligator named Vince. He slipped on water, causing him to fall into the toilet. Weeks later, DJ searched for Vince in the sewer and found him.
- DJ and Eva are the only original contestants who are not in a relationship, whether it is one-sided or mutual.
- DJ has more fears than any other contestant in Total Drama History.
- He is the fifth veteran to be a part of a challenge in Total Drama: Revenge of the Island. The others being Izzy, Lindsay, Gwen, and Heather.
- He is also the only male veteran to be a part of a challenge in the fourth season.
- DJ is the only contestant in Total Drama Action who voted for himself in his own free will, without pressure from another contestant or by accident.
- Gwen was blackmailed by Justin to vote for herself.
- Lindsay was distracted by Beth and accidentally votes for herself.
|Friendships With||Conflicts With||Related Pages|
|Duncan and Geoff||Chef||Chef Hatchet's alliances|
|Everyone||Chris||Curse of the Mummified Dog|
|Owen||Hook, Line, and Screamer|
|Jamaica Me Sweat|
|Eat, Puke and Be Wary|
|Eliminated from Total Drama Island|
|Lindsay||Hook, Line, and Screamer||Izzy|
|Eliminated from Total Drama Action|
|Gwen||The Sand Witch Project||Izzy|
|Eliminated from Total Drama World Tour|
|Izzy||Jamaica Me Sweat||Noah|