You will play as the giant sewer alligator from Broadway, Baby!, attempting to eat eight contestants: Lindsay, Tyler, Courtney, Izzy, Alejandro, Noah, Heather, and DJ, in that order. You press up to jump up into the air and down to go underwater and speed up. To chomp the contestants, you press the space bar once you are directly behind the boat. You may also chomp fish and rats for extra points and to gain brief bursts of speed. Stay away from electric eels directly at the waterline, bats in the air, piles of tires at the bottom, and full garbage cans dropping from chutes above you, as they will all slow you down. You can collect a green and black helmet power-up to make you impervious to all these obstacles, and a red and black rocket-helmet power-up that will not only protect you, but will also speed you up significantly as well. As you eat more contestants, the boat speeds up to make it harder for you to catch the others.
Cheat CodesThere is also a cheat code that can be activated by pressing the SHIFT key and clicking the refrigerator at the same time, then typing in "hungry". You will proceed to get a helmet which makes you invincible.
- Chomp Sewey, along with H-Bomb's Killah Beatz, Oh No U Di'n't!!! and Splat! Oberfest are the only Total Drama World Tour games that are not available for download on the App Store for Mac.
- The contestants that the player is attempting to eat are Lindsay, Tyler, Courtney, Izzy, Alejandro, Noah, Heather, and DJ in that order.
- This game is based on the challenge for the episode Broadway, Baby!.
- There are several references to the 1975 film Jaws in this game:
- The music heard at the beginning of the game is similar to the iconic theme from the film.
- The way that the alligator eats the contestants - by throwing itself onto the transom of the boat so that they fall out and fly into its mouth - is similar to the death of the character Quint from the film.
- In the sewer, the alligator will pass other characters and objects, such as:
- A sleeping Owen.
- Ezekiel, picking his nose.
- Chris and Chef playing a card game (possibly a reference to Masters of Disasters).
- A smashed yellow car.
- A shark getting a facial (possibly a reference to Haute Camp-ture, the Total Drama Action opening sequence, or Beach Blanket Bogus).
- The Statue of David or a sculpture that is very similar.
- This could possibly be a reference to the future episode, Can't Help Falling in Louvre.
- Once the game ends, the eaten contestants are shown in the alligator's stomach:
- Alejandro is playing an accordion.
- Heather is reading a book similar to Gwen's diary.
- Tyler, Courtney, and DJ are roasting marshmallows at a campfire.
- Noah is warming his hands next to the campfire.
- Izzy is sitting next to Alejandro and glancing at him.
- Lindsay is simply shown sitting and looking towards the player.
- Ezekiel has two cameo appearances in the game:
- He is seen standing along the sewer wall during the game, picking his nose.
- He is seen with the eaten contestants at the end of the game, hiding in a tent and picking his nose, similarly to Not So Happy Campers - Part 2. He even appears like this when no contestants have been eaten.
- The title of the game is a reference to Chop suey.
- The only contestants that are present in Broadway, Baby! but not in the game are Leshawna, Gwen, Cody, and Sierra.
- Owen and Ezekiel are also featured in the game, however, they only serve as background characters.
- The contestants are sitting in Team Amazon's boat.
- This is the first Total Drama World Tour game to be based on an actual challenge.
- Izzy's pose when she flies off of the boat is the same as that when she jumps in the bouncing castle in Monster Cash.
- The alligator stomach is much bigger inside than seen outside.
- If the player eats Heather and completes the game, in the ending screen, her hair is in a long ponytail instead of her short one.
- When the boat enters the tunnel, Izzy has two left hands.